Lock please

bubbyjoe2

engineer could just be a subtab in crafting, construction, firemaking and smithing, but a new skill, NO

How could it be F2p if you have to use construction?

Also, Bubbyjoe, I think you need to do something about the hide/show tab thingys.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/173173-engineer-skill-and-railroads/<<Click! I support! Click!

.-- .... -.-- .- .-. . -.-- --- ..- .-. . .- -.. .. -. --. - .... .. ... ..--..

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm back after a long while.

I haven't been paying much attention to this forum in a while, and almost considered abandoning the topic.

But, I decided not to. I will continue to improve this thread with the right feedback, and clean it up after the "disaster".

(Removes hide/show tags)

I support, very detailed ideas. I'm sure jagex could run away with it. Although I think maybe they would use a technology skill, so they could include sailing. Since they have all the new pirate updates and all. you never know though

I considered joining this with other concepts to make a "Transportation" skill, I think Technology doesn't seem to fit as well.

I don't like it. It's so directly infused with Smithing that if anything, it should be an addition to Smithing. Plus, it'll clutter up already-cluttered maps. F2P is a grand total of 4 large cities and 4 smaller ones, it doesn't need this. Being able to jump off a train would be way too convenient for Jagex's tastes. Like Smithing and Mining, once enough people level the skill, they won't be using each others' trains, so there goes another previously-useful, now-useless method of making money. I think if F2P was given canoes, Engineering wouldn't be needed at all. Speaking of canoes - watching your character ride a train is boring, just like watching your character paddle a canoe. Jagex realized that and updated canoes. Engineering won't happen. Hopefully, neither will sailing...

(at Jagex Towers)

"Hey guys, I have a wonderful idea. Let's nullify walking!"

"Yes, let's just put in mounts and make it more like WoW! WoW is popular!"

"We can't copy WoW. Let's introduce cars! They'll be kind of slow and you'll have to crank them, and you'll only go a bit faster than running and can't use agility obstacles!"

"No no, let's put in trains and make it a whole new skill to go with it!"

"Oh, that sure is a great idea! Because honestly, three spellbooks, fairy rings, canoes, balloons, teletabs, house portals, spirit trees, gliders, enchanted jewellery, ships, wilderness portals, death, eagles, mining carts, magic carpets, agility shortcuts, the abyss, Karamja cart service, random teleports like Shantay-Port Sarim, and other item teleports aren't enough! And F2P needs a reason to not go members and give us more money with which to pay our staff!"

...no.

First skill to 70...

zaybex.png

I have a few ideas to improve this.

1. Trains should be underground.

If they're underground, tracks won't have to be shown anywhere aside from the stations. This will solve just about every map problem(people getting hit by trains, etc.).

2. Random events on trains.

Every now and then, bandits could hide out on the trains, and strike in the middle of a ride. Players would have to fend them off. To make sure that low level players are safe, they would go after high level players first. Instead of killing you, they would attack you until you're at 1 hp, them steal a few of your items(nothing over a certain amount, though, and each bandit would only take one). If a player manages to kill one, they would get the drop. Of course, there would have to be limits to make RWT impossible. This is just a basic concept.

Also, to the people that complain that smithing is required...

Woodcutting is required for firemaking(unless you buy logs). Mining is required for Smithing(unless you buy ores). I don't see people complaining about either of those. You'd still be able to buy parts from other players.

To the people that think that it will drive people away from becomming members...

Jagex is giving f2p the most boring experience possible. All that does is make f2p players think that members is just as boring, just with a bigger world and more items. Instead something like this would make f2p players think something like "This is amazing! And I hear that members get all kinds of this stuff!" Just something to consider...

If they're underground, tracks won't have to be shown anywhere aside from the stations. This will solve just about every map problem(people getting hit by trains, etc.).

Every now and then, bandits could hide out on the trains, and strike in the middle of a ride. Players would have to fend them off. To make sure that low level players are safe, they would go after high level players first. Instead of killing you, they would attack you until you're at 1 hp, them steal a few of your items(nothing over a certain amount, though, and each bandit would only take one). If a player manages to kill one, they would get the drop. Of course, there would have to be limits to make RWT impossible. This is just a basic concept.

Woodcutting is required for firemaking(unless you buy logs). Mining is required for Smithing(unless you buy ores). I don't see people complaining about either of those. You'd still be able to buy parts from other players.

To the people that think that it will drive people away from becomming members...

Jagex is giving f2p the most boring experience possible. All that does is make f2p players think that members is just as boring, just with a bigger world and more items. Instead something like this would make f2p players think something like "This is amazing! And I hear that members get all kinds of this stuff!" Just something to consider...

@ your first and second points:

DID YOU ACTUALLY READ THE FIRST POST?

The tracks are above ground level (like, in the sky.)

And there ARE random events.

Really.

this is what i call awesome.

but i dont think this will be accepted because "f2p dunn p@y t3y r n00bz"

but you have my full support.

maybe, it could be possible that, suppose you are going from varrok to falador. the timetable says how much fuel you'll need. and when you bring the required fuel, then only the train will leave. or how will you mine coal if ur in the middle of the way and you dont have a pickaxe? or dont have an axe to cut logs?

If i got 1gp for everytime sum1 said the word "noob",I would have a full p hat set.

nahhh ill continue mis-spelling

iqrasoft.jpeg

^!click for blog!^

sigs by: woopidoo2|yaff2|4be2jue|me|guthix121

this is what i call awesome.

but i dont think this will be accepted because "f2p dunn p@y t3y r n00bz"

but you have my full support.

maybe, it could be possible that, suppose you are going from varrok to falador. the timetable says how much fuel you'll need. and when you bring the required fuel, then only the train will leave. or how will you mine coal if ur in the middle of the way and you dont have a pickaxe? or dont have an axe to cut logs?

Thanks for the support, and I think needing sufficient fuel for the whole trip is much simpler tha running out in the middle of the tracks.

@ your first and second points:

DID YOU ACTUALLY READ THE FIRST POST?

The tracks are above ground level (like, in the sky.)

And there ARE random events.

Really.

I read the post. I just think that trains being in the sky would seem a bit... odd. Trains being underground would make more sense. I was also simply suggestions on random events.

• 2 months later...
looks well thought out and cool but to futuristic.

Too futuristic for fantasy? :?

Anyway... I support as well. I think this is a great idea, although there does seem to be stations/stop off points in a lot of cities. For example Draynor is literally only seperated by a wall to Port Sarim, so maybe just one of those two?

though JaGex staed No more F2P skills

True :wall:

I think if some people are worried about the map being cluttered (with railroad lines cutting across everything) then you should mention a button you can press on the world map to take you to another -above ground- map. And if you fancy it, this could also feature other forms of transport (Enchanted Journey Balloons and other transport etc) making it a -transport- map.

Li Chef

/m\_(-.-)_/m\

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is any way a sign of lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just [bleep]ing lunacy" ~ Stephen Fry

LuMengjr.jpg

I have a sugestion

Fast Locomotive- 90 Engineer, 80 Smithing, 350 Steel bars, 450 nails. Speed is 25 SPS, pulls up to 5 cars.

but it only stops at Lumbridge, Falador, Varrok and Edgeville

also are the rail tracks under ground or where but otherwise

surport!!!!!!

• 4 months later...
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but this would be an awesome skill.

nice job bumping a 5 month thread

3 different teleports

actually theres 5 u forgot skull sceptre and explorer ring

1100 total achieved 03/02/09 880thousandth to reach it :P

1200 total achieved 29/09/11 1.23millionth to reach it :P

awesome_600.png

• 1 year later...

hers an idea the train is running in a tunnel underground if you jump from the train you appear in this tunnel but there are several ladders to the surface down here also to prevent suicidal players you cannot cross the tracks

support

Anybody can punch someone it takes guts to slap them

someone once said the f2p combat triamgle was 2% mages 13% rangers and 85% melerss.

I said no its 2% allies 13% anoying gnats and 85% walking dartboards with bronze daggers

mod poppy said:

Siciliae - posting about jumping into bathtubs with electrical equipment is not really cool.

Can you edit it out of any further iterations of your spam, er, I mean message.

archsupportei2.png

tagline1.gif