The Guide to Speed Training - Skeletons, Yaks & More!

Niall_Kay

AFK'ing means Away From Keyboard training, and is not allowed by JaGex rules, so if your thinking about it, do not do it. If you do so, it is at your own risk. I would reccomend against it.

And thanks :D

Oh please, who cares. Nearly every maxed melee player has afk'ed his or her stats at some stage, yet I've never heard of someone getting banned, or even warned, for it. TBH, it's just one of those things Jagex doesn't want to support but could care less about stopping it (Like swiftkit for all those years before Jagex realised people were getting viruses and got a tiny advantage). If you don't AFK train, that's all fine to me but you are depriving yourself of alot of time that you could spend multi-tasking.

Also what I like better than AFKing is "semi" Afking, where you actually stay at the computer but minimize RuneScape and listen for randoms instead, even better use a second monitor for Runescape.

Anyway, some nice spots, I remember training at skeletons for quite awhile before nearly anyone knew about it. However, your setup isn't the best for max xp/hr. Though you might like the buff DFS, rune defender DOES provide more exp per hour with a massive +19 slash. At something like yaks, skeletons and any typical training monster there should be no need at all for the extra defence (TBH, as a personal suggestion, sell the DFS and get a SS). Might want to put that in somewhere, other than that the guide is definitely coming along, good job.

DH'ing at Yaks is pretty nice. I can easily 1hit them.

Any monster that you can 1-hit is not a good place to train, your cutting off your max hit.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you use a DFS at monkey guards? You don't need the defence bonus, so a rune defender would be better.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

• 2 months later...

Yet again, another long break but i have returned, and will update the guide either tonight or tomorrow, and if there are any suggestions to any other great speed training areas, just post them.

sugggggeh-2.jpg

Niall_Kay.png

99 Fletching | 99 Hunter | 99 Magic | Master of Quests

Nice Guide 8/10 (hope you add more monsters, like the new armored zombies) and welcome back =]

I'd Like to advice a new method for Dharoking Monkey Guards at Ape Toll.

Quests Req:

-RFD (Awowogei: A Giant filled snake part)

-Great Brain Robbery

-King's Ransom(Knight Waves Training Ground Mini Quest-also completed)

Full Dharok's

Holy Symbol

White Gloves/Barrow gloves

God Cloak/Fire Cape

White Boots/Dragon Boots

Warrior Ring/Berserker Ring

Inventory:

Prayer Book

6 Food (if inexperienced)

A Combat Familiar

xx Super Attack Potions

What to do:

-Take everything out at bank except pots.

-Drop Nitroglycerin/Unidentified Liquid at Bank.(nitro cuts 35hp and inf-liquid cuts 25hp)

-Take out Pots

-TP to ape toll (the shop next to the temple sells bananas 1gp ea)

-Pot up

-Recharge prayer

-Activate Piety/Chivalry(Depends on prayer level), Melee Protect and Protect Item

-Summon Fammiliar

-Go Down Ladder and Attack a lot of monkeys

-Restore prayer when below 10/15

-Cure poison with prayer book

-Repeat

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

great guide ... might use it for getting 99 str lol :thumbsup:

Off, is the general direction I wish you would [bleep].

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p549/hihi244442/TLoUGIF.gif

[hide=My perception of the Admins in Assistclan:]

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

Slayer: Lots of Dragon Boots, 16 Whips, 24 Dark Bows, 7 Staves of Light, OVER 9000 Charms

GWD:

Bandos: Lost count

Zamorak: ^^^^^

Saradomin: ^^^^^^^^^^^

Armadyl: None[/hide]

• 1 month later...
can these guys drop the champions challenge scroll :-k ?

Yes :)

what are champion challenge scrolls?

a7x_therev.png

No need for introductions, ive read about girls like you on the back of bathroom doors.

You said it's a suicide, I said this is a war

Armoured zombies, zombie monkeys, and skeleton gorillas are good spots.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

• 4 weeks later...

A few matters:

1. Why are you always wearing ring of wealth? Most of the monsters you mentioned don't ever drop anything besides bones so why have it? Ring of life or Berserker?

2. You have no special weapon in the monkey guard section and for other ones, the dagger shouldn't be poisoned because that's 6 hp off and 24 xp off the monster already.

3. You can bring a prayer potion if dharoking just in case u get stuck :roll: and ur hp if dharoking should always be 14 or below. Once u get to 15 hp, always let just one monkey hit you because their max hit is 14.

Manitstinks.gif

lolud0.pnglol2ni3.png