3 December 2007 - Behind the Scenes - December

mr_emflum

Which December update are you looking forward to the most?  

403 members have voted

1. 1. Which December update are you looking forward to the most?

• Clan Wars
    • Gravestones
    • Bounty Hunter
    • Letters/Gallery/Diary
    • Christmas Event
    • Wilderness monsters

It is infact, how many have predicted. In an attempt to please the masses over their brutal and unneeded changes to staking they are updating wilderness. Seing how I dont pk or stake it makes no difference to me, but it is rather funny how players are being, for the lack of the better word, "forced" into certain playstyles.

how in any way shape or form can you say they are changing how the wilderness works? Ok ravestones added to death piles, but won't change the killing. And a new boss monster probably along the lines of CE, whats the problem?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Clan Wars will be the final nail in the F2P Pking coffin.

You only get one chance to live your life....

But, endless opportunities to screw it up.

PioNMax2.png

Pio "But your honor, he deserved killin "

Judge " Fair nuff, the defendant is free to go"

It is infact, how many have predicted. In an attempt to please the masses over their brutal and unneeded changes to staking they are updating wilderness. Seing how I dont pk or stake it makes no difference to me, but it is rather funny how players are being, for the lack of the better word, "forced" into certain playstyles.

how in any way shape or form can you say they are changing how the wilderness works? Ok ravestones added to death piles, but won't change the killing. And a new boss monster probably along the lines of CE, whats the problem?

Ok, either I phrased what I said incorrectly or you didnt read what I said and are just responding.

I said that they are updating the wilderness in an attempt to make it appealing to stakers. I dont care personally how they change it sinse I dont visit it.

Where in my post did I say that they are changing how the willderness works?

Game Name: Ego Scorpion

Party Hat Sets: 4

Bank Pictures: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=712645&start=0

ego_scorpion.png

clan wars sound good

omg no quest this month??? :cry:

Yay! I can wear my quest cape for a month without having to do a quest. :)

YES WOOT!

But now I'm screwed for runecrafting because everyone is going to be in the wilderness...dieing...and wanting to kill others... :uhh: :ohnoes:

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

78thpamphlet_frontcoverx.jpg

spectral dark beasts :shock: :o i just realised this could be a new 90+ slayer monster and with it being in the wildy its gonna make it so unpredictable!dont forget now players have priority over monsters so these are gonna be twice as dangerous and an exponential amount more dangerous if its in multi combat areas.

tifsdac6mc.gif

imaging what the wildy will look like right after a killing fest :XD: but a nice month [hide=Most irritating song]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HRtuL0GV-YM[/hide]

LOL

anyways, i want to see how this will affect rs, summoning will keep people happy tho... anyways, new slayer monster, maybe d kite / d pl8 ? O_O

VIX VIX VIX

Clan Wars sounds absolutely fantastic. It will be great to stage enormous battles without the restrictions the Wild places on current battles. No more level limits I presume and hopefully it's completely safe.

This could be a major step towards Jagex recognition of Clans and implementation of the appropriate support.

Clan ranks anyone?

Harrington.gif

spectral dark beasts :shock: :o i just realised this could be a new 90+ slayer monster and with it being in the wildy its gonna make it so unpredictable!dont forget now players have priority over monsters so these are gonna be twice as dangerous and an exponential amount more dangerous if its in multi combat areas.

Good point, I hadn't considered it could be a new slayer monster!

@ the people saying "gf wildy", you're idiots. This looks like a good month for player killing in general and it only stands to make things better.

And I reckon the tombstones are just decorative, not sure

When I read that BTS what came to mind is.. the Wild is going "buh bye". Maybe not soon, but at some point. I could be wrong, of course.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

When I read that BTS what came to mind is.. the Wild is going "buh bye". Maybe not soon, but at some point. I could be wrong, of course.

How? I fail to see how you read any of that quote as wildy is going to die..

They're gravestones, nothing more, nothing less, just gravestones. Decorative gravestones.

EDIT: not just aimed at you but the other idiots that speculate wilderness is going to die too.

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

Good point, I hadn't considered it could be a new slayer monster!

@ the people saying "gf wildy", you're idiots. This looks like a good month for player killing in general and it only stands to make things better.

And I reckon the tombstones are just decorative, not sure

I hope it's not a new slaying monster... It takes me an average of 14 hours to achieve a dark bow from Dark Beasts. I don't fancy spending 14 hours in the Wild with my best equipment in the distant hope that I'll get the best drop. Especially in those first few weeks when everyone will be dropping by, taking pot shots and honest slayers.

Harrington.gif

Clan Wars... F2P or P2P? :-k

When I think it will be a minigame, I think it WILL be P2P.

When I think it will be for clans, I think it SHOULD be F2P, as most clans are free-to-play-based.

I have difficulties understanding what the BTS says. It raises more big (fearful) questions than joy or anticipation. It feels as if they know what kind of response these updates are going to get, and try to push that moment, when the rants forums fill to their highest extent, a little further away. This BTS doesn't give answers to the most obvious questions that it's readers will have, maybe because the answers aren't 'pretty'.

So here are few of my first reactions and questions

So, where is the danger in that, we hear you ask? Well, there will be others in the Bounty Hunter area who also have a simple task: to kill you! Will you have what it takes to reach your target and gain their loot before your nemeses find you?

Yay a new minigame! But wait, does it say loot? Does it mean I'll lose my items? Does it mean that this minigame is the same as the wilderness; place for the richest to take advantage of the poorer or less experienced players? Minigame that lacks the something that fight pits or castlewars have, that is only played because it raises your ranks in the hiscores?

Clan wars arena

Yay for un-interrupted wars, no looters or crashers! But wait, it doesn't tell if it is f2p! What about people who are f2p but enjoy being in clan wars? Does this potentially mean that I can't take part in my clan's wars anymore, because I'm not a member? And what do I gain if my clan wins? What happens to my items if I die? Can I set rules so that I can have a melee only- war, or a 10vs10 war? Or do I just have to trust the opposing clan's leader when he says they won't break any of the rules?

I could be just 'spreading hysteria' here, but I also don't suggest you to get your hopes up, as it is said. It's a great time to enjoy Runescape today when it still is ok. Maybe it'll be even better tomorrow, who knows.

The Clan Wars will be the final nail in the F2P Pking coffin.

How so? This area will probably be members only. And if it isnt (which would be awesome), who cares if the wildy becomes less used? This thing sounds way better! After all you dont really clan pk for items, you go there expecting to die for your clan!

And dont forget multi-clan wars

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

two new minigames

looks like bounty hunter will have a place on the hiscores too.

If you die while holding any items, you will reveal the fourth of our updates this month. A gravestone will temporarily appear on the spot where you perished, which can be read and admired by passers-by. It will even be possible to purchase increasingly impressive gravestones, all the way up to the ominous 'Angel of Death'.

i wonder what this will be like

edit: i think i figured it out, since they are working on stopping rwt and the wilderness is easily abusable for rwt, these gravestones will be a way to see what the player dropped, and if its a good drop it will give jagex clues - like if a lvl 3 dies and the gravestone says he dropped 50mil.

also you can purchase yourself better gravestones, angel of death will probably cost a ton to buy.

I wonder if you will have to purchuse certain level gravestones in order to be able to die with items of higher value...

Getting another sig

[removed]