Oh I'm a bachelor and I'm ok...

Necromagus

Brings back memories from my university days

The side of a computer case makes a excellent table. I use to eat most of my dinners off one. It provided a nice flat surface which I balanced on a pile of stuff.

Learn to cook and only make 1 dish to clean. Roasts are good because you chuck everything into the oven then bugger off for the next hour. Clean the pot when it is still hot otherwise all the fat would go sticky, in which case leave it in the oven and hope someone else wants to use it.

It is difficult to live off the "Meat only diet". You start to feel like crap after the second day. It is possible to live off the Pasta and cheese diet. Do not worry about breakfast, most of the time you would still be sleeping at that time of day. Just keep a couple of bulk bags of nuts and chocolate near your bed for a quick meal.

Learn the quickest route and discount routines of all the local fast food places. I use to live off pizza for 4 days a week.

The toilet does not need to be cleaned.

The floor does not need to be vacuum.

The bathroom does not need to be cleaned.

In fact, no cleaning at all is required. Just a quick clean of the kitchen bench unless you like getting sick. The floor does not need cleaning.

Hard spirits like whisky works out cheaper then beer to drink. Buy a 1L bottle once a week, maybe a second one for the weekend.

If anything looks like work avoid doing it. Eventually someone else would get so annoyed with it they would complete the task.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get 4 cans of lager from Sainsbury's for 88p, so there's never any excuse not to drink.

Wth? really? It costs me 56p to buy a litre of orange juice!

Yea, my tip is to get a dishwasher. Mine has drastically improved the quality of my life. More than any money I ever spent on computers and games consoles and things. I also agree with the microwave meals thing. You know that you're just lying to yourself when you go to the supermarket and buy things that take more than 10 minutes to cook. You won't be bothered.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

Learn to cook and only make 1 dish to clean. Roasts are good because you chuck everything into the oven then bugger off for the next hour. Clean the pot when it is still hot otherwise all the fat would go sticky, in which case leave it in the oven and hope someone else wants to use it.

Home EC for the win. Even if only girls take it, it's all the better... :-w

Yes, I'm definitely taking it next year as a continued course. (The first 3 courses are required.)

C2b6gs7.png

what the hell? i thought a bachelor is a hot guy who has tons of money, a big flippin mansion, and girls fawning over him? did i miss something when they were explaining this? :?

Single guy living by himself/with other bachelors. Those are the requirements.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

well even if im 17 (18 on dec 18th) and that i live with my parents i do consider my self as a bachelor

what i like about being single is that i do not have a girl friend to tell me ''oh dont do this, this is stupid, go cut your hairs, you forgot to buy milk, IM NOT YOUR MOM!!!

and you can talk with any ladies w/o having a gf being jelous

so cheer up! life is good even tho you dont have a girl with you

i have been single for more than a year and ya sometimes i feel sad and id like to be with someone...but most of the time i think: well that paycheck will stay in my pockets:thumbsup:

Main: runswithsciz

skiller: pope skills

rendjs0.png

what the hell? i thought a bachelor is a hot guy who has tons of money, a big flippin mansion, and girls fawning over him? did i miss something when they were explaining this? :?

That, sir, is a playboy.

And as for the jeans, I've gotten a good 5 week stretch out of mine (then a few hours while they're in the wash ready for the next cycle of wearing) before they start smelling the least bit funky.

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

...A tip for every bachelorette: live together with a girlfriend. Not only does it have a certain appeal to single men (wink wink, nudge nudge), ...

Too bad it doesn't work the other way around. <.<

You know... some girls are into that... BUT NOT ME! :ohnoes:

You see, that's such a good idea that even my sister and her husband do that. But I'd quickly get bored with that.. I need variety!
The trick is to have a big freezer and make foods that, in theory, last indefinitely in said freezer. Done right, you should be able to go at least a two or three weeks straight without cooking, never eating the same meal without having at least four other dishes in between. If you really want to get fancy, you make the food you freeze modular; It can be eaten with rice, or you could take some frozen pasta to the microwave (that's for speed, for taste, you fry the pasta in garlic or somesuch), offering some more variation. Done properly, you can take 3-4 jars out of the freezer, mix a little bit from each, microwave it, and have a ready meal.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

if you dont feel like boiling water for ramen, you have 2 options. the first is eating it like a brick, just put th seasoning onn top. You second opption is to make more coffee then normal and just use that.

I require hugs. Seriously, just give them to me, and youll see your little turtle again.

syal_antilli.png

syal_antilli.png

Well, being a bachelor is also about living on your own, and learning to take care of yourself while securing your place in the world.

Here's a quick recipe:

1) Come home at 4am hungry

2) Set the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and pop in a frozen pizza

3) Collapse on the couch

4) Wake up 4-5 hours later

5) Remove the pizza-puck from the oven and challenge a housemate to a game of hangover hockey

Actually, if you do that, you're probably a redneck.

And what is wrong with being a redneck?

On topic: Try using hamburger helper.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

Well, being a bachelor is also about living on your own, and learning to take care of yourself while securing your place in the world.

Here's a quick recipe:

1) Come home at 4am hungry

2) Set the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and pop in a frozen pizza

3) Collapse on the couch

4) Wake up 4-5 hours later

5) Remove the pizza-puck from the oven and challenge a housemate to a game of hangover hockey

LOL hangover hockey..

8a6769dab0.png

My last year of college I think I only changed my bedsheets two or three times.

indeed, I live at home and only wash my sheets about twice a year, if that. As long as you don't get them dirty, it's ay-ok. And as for the jeans thing- 5 weeks? holy cow. I usually only wear for 5 days :ohnoes:

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

1 word: Bertolli

(Frozen pasta dinners that come in all different pasta types and flavors, and it t tastes like resteraunt food. 10 minutes on a skillet and your good to go!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I realize just how lucky I am to still be living with my parents. I just don't have to worry about anything.

what i like about being single is that i do not have a girl friend to tell me ''oh dont do this, this is stupid, go cut your hairs, you forgot to buy milk, IM NOT YOUR MOM!!!

Wow, the gf's you've allready had must've been pretty bad if you talk like that about girls. Mine isn't anything like that.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

I haven't washed my good pair of jeans in about 5 weeks, I only wear them once a week for about 5 hours though.

Pfft, I've been wearing the same cargo's for the past three weeks, nearly every day. Still look as clean as the first day :-w .

5 days for a pair of jeens? 5 weeks for a pair of jeans!?!? :shock:

:boohoo:

guys if you want to get a girlfriend try to change that habbit lol

Eh... there are more important things to worry about than wearing the same pair of jeans five times when it comes to dating, especially considering there are other pants to be worn :-s .

Microwave meals are the way to go.

Boston Market :thumbsup: .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Take a look at your post and think about this: most guys dream about girls. Any captain obvious pics for this one?

C2b6gs7.png

Ok, since it has started freezing here, time for some winter food...

1) Cut up some potatoes, carrots and onions in cubes and boil them in a pot, potatoes at the bottom, for about 30 minutes.

2) Fry up some bacon cubes in a skillet. Pour the water from the pot and add in the bacon and bacon grease. Mash the whole thing up with a potato masher.

Can be eaten warm from the pot, cold, or refried in a skillet.

Chunky Stew/soup. I once ate 3 weeks straight on these alone.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.