Fav. Old school games

ChuninChoji

dudes.. ive been feeling a bit nostalgic and i've come to the conclusion that talking about old school games might make me feel better...soo talk about all ur old games...

My fav. old school games are of course Nintendo games: Zelda: Ocarina of Time; Duckhunt; Mario RPG; and uhh... hm... i dont remember

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SCUMM games (Sam/Max, Day of the Tentacle etc)

Golden Axe

And a bunch of assorted nes/SNES games. Some of my original carts have died, I've been playing a lot of roms lately. More fun than any of the current crap.

Dizzy the egg > *

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Dizzy the egg > *

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Chips challenge, is that the one where you had to collect microchips? And was tile based and there were tiles like ice etc? For win95, if so, I could never get past lvl 20 - and nor could anyone we knew.

Dizzy the egg > *

Yup.

Aside from that, the likes of mario 64/goldeneye/banjo kazooie/zelda : a link to the past/toejam and earl

And yeah Herr, that was chips challenge alright :wink:

logo.jpg

I don't remember if it was called Stronghold or something similar, but... That. It was one where you control some kingdoms, and it was seen in "scenes" from above to the side... It was fun, anyway, regardless of how bad I am at explaining it.

I remember that Chips thing... I wonder if I could do that level 20 thing nowadays.

Raptor: Call of the shadows was a good flying/shooting game (I don't remeber what this sort of game is called). Find it (it's shareware) here:

http://www.solscape.com/games/Raptor/rap.html

Actic Adventure; Commander Keen; Biohazard (was it called that? I don't know: herr, it was that one in which you had the ability to hold "down" and shoot a big missile, at the cost of health); the duke nukem games (before -3D); Rise of the Triad...

Rise of the triad was great. I never actually noticed how violent it was until recently, when I saw it in a magasine, mentioned as a really violent game.

Anyway, anything that's obviously a classic, I shan't bother to reminisce about, as it's been done to death.

Marble Madness, anyone?

hehe...after about 14 years of not playig it, I tryed it again, anf got to lvl 7 with out using continue...

One of the old guard of RS.

RS birthday = Feb - 27 - 2002

Proud member of the original forum.

Final Fantasy VII (PS1) - It's also one of my favourite games of all times. I played it for many times since 1998. Last played was last year and this game is only game I feel like want to more play.

Alundra (PS1) - It's similar Zelda but it still great 2D game.

Sonic 2 (Genisis/Mega Drive) - Best Sonic game ever. I have Sonic Mega Collection Plus for PS2. :P

Chrono Trigger (SNES) - I only played it while used rom because I don't have SNES. It's another great RPG game. I hope it gonna on GBA or DS.

Well I'm 15...so I dunno how old school I can exactly get.

However, my favourite old games include:

For Commodore 64

Popeye

Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego

Frogger

Mario

Car Racing(Dunno what its actually called)

Hockey(Same, no real name)

Windows 95

Sonic The Hedgehog

Mechwarrior

Skunny

Garfield

Warcraft II

Monster Truck Madness

The Lost Vikings

So if any of those count as old school, those are my favs :wink:

signaturecj5.jpg

Chips challenge, is that the one where you had to collect microchips? And was tile based and there were tiles like ice etc? For win95, if so, I could never get past lvl 20 - and nor could anyone we knew.

i could never get past around level 12. then i try it again years later, and its a lot easier. theres only been like 4 or 5 killer levels that took me a while to get past, but only being a little over halfway through the game i think there are going to be more to come.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

whoa dude... the Commadore.. that's really old school. I was reading some of the other postings and someone reminded me of Zelda: Link to the Past. That brought back memories. Anyway, what I liked about the old school Mario games were the easter eggs and cheats and stuff. Non of that: R2, R2, L1, L1, X, Y, B, B, B, Y stuff, simple jump here and jump on that. Super Mario Bros. 3 for the NES showed off the fantastic easter eggs and such. Shiguro Miyamoto is a genius!!

I had lots of games for the computer, some ones that I loved were..

Mechwarrior 2

Mechwarrior 2: Ghost Bear's Legacy

Mechwarrior 3

Mechwarrior 3: Pirate's moon

(As you can tell, i'm a really really big fan of Mechwarrior and Battletech.

Couple of real old ones I remember were...

Comander Keen

Doom

Doom 2

There were some others, can't remember them :(

Ahh I see someone mentioned The Lost Vikings.

Is that the game with the thin red one, the blue guy and the fat green guy?

Think so, I played that a few times, Was pretty kool :P.

Ahh I see someone mentioned The Lost Vikings.

Is that the game with the thin red one, the blue guy and the fat green guy?

Yeah. I haven't played that one for ages.

I can only like remember 2 levels of it, and those are from the demo :P

I need to find it, somewhere :(