Which board style do you use?

rushrock

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from subSilver, I think subTrail is the only one that doesn't look silly. So I've been using it ever since it was first installed... and then it was removed, then re-installed... and then removed again, but people complained so it was installed yet again.

Please leave it be.

2009rb9.jpg

Azvareth, I know this is off topic, but your location bothers me. First of all, I think you mean plains not planes. And second of all, what frost covered plains in Sweden? It's too full of people and their products such as infrastructure to have any large expanse of frost-covered plains. I mean, any frost-covered plains big enough to roam on.

C2b6gs7.png

A similar thread used to be a sticky in the general board. See the following thread for a larger discussion: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=465530

I am still using SubSilver, its clean and the standard for phpbb2. The one style you can count on always being part of any phpbb2 board.

Chronicles is somewhat fancy, but I dont care for it. It seems slower than most of the others and I feel its too much eyecandy. However, SubTrail and BlackSoul are decent themes.

On a final note... *shameless plug*... My older thread for bringing back the former tip it styles: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=452525

I use subSilver not because it's "nice" or "cool", but to get the same viewing experience as the average forum reader I'm replying to. Most of the registered people here probably don't change their default forum skin.

Think you're using subBlack, and you post an image with white letters to make a point on a thread. You start wondering, ("why is everyone posting" 'OMG I CANT SEE THE PIC') :lol:

Think you're using subBlack, and you post an image with white letters to make a point on a thread. You start wondering, ("why is everyone posting" 'OMG I CANT SEE THE PIC') :lol:

Normally it's the other way around though. They make a pic that just has normally black text on a white background, but for some reason the background goes transparent and sub black users can't see a thing.

I use subBlack, easier on the eyes, didn't like the looks of others, ect...

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I've tried all of them, and apart of subSilver and another one, all of them were to harsh on the eyes, so I remained with subSilver.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Azvareth, I know this is off topic, but your location bothers me. First of all, I think you mean plains not planes. And second of all, what frost covered plains in Sweden? It's too full of people and their products such as infrastructure to have any large expanse of frost-covered plains. I mean, any frost-covered plains big enough to roam on.

Hmm. I think you're missing the point of it, seeing as it was made in jest it's not supposed to be taken seriously. What's usually the most prominent stereotype people have of Sweden? That it's like Alaska - hence the "frost-covered" part.

Also "plains" and "planes" both work in that context. I'm pretty sure I mean "planes".

(PMing works too)

2009rb9.jpg

Chronicals (I thinks thats what it is called.)

Gives the board that fantasy, woody feeling (Don't take that the wrong way).

For me, the woody feeling is not a fantasy. The woody feeling is real and happening right now.

You get Woody over Lionheart? You should probably meet up with Viktor if thats the case.

I use subsilver (default...whatever its called)...cause I'm boring. -.-

He probably still thinks Lionheart is a woman...

who hasn't? Honestly...

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

I use subsilver, i always have and after looking through the different styles i believe i always will.

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.