Annoying customers

Scorchedrose

Ah, just remembered, got one.

But it's kind of nasty.

When I was 16, I used to work in a clothes shop, my boss had warned me about one man that 'likes' some ladies shoes. While my boss was away for 30mins or so, the man, which I got warned about, came into the store, asked me about a size 36 lady boots, I just directed him over to them. So he went into the dressing room, with the ladies boots, was there for a good fifteen minutes. Came out, and it smelled bad, and it was ... The puberty boys habit over the floor.

Had to call my boss and some security men, he was banned from the store right after.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, just remembered, got one.

But it's kind of nasty.

When I was 16, I used to work in a clothes shop, my boss had warned me about one man that 'likes' some ladies shoes. While my boss was away for 30mins or so, the man, which I got warned about, came into the store, asked me about a size 36 lady boots, I just directed him over to them. So he went into the dressing room, with the ladies boots, was there for a good fifteen minutes. Came out, and it smelled bad, and it was ... The puberty boys habit over the floor.

Had to call my boss and some security men, he was banned from the store right after.

:lol: Now why did he do that in a store...quite odd.

I dont work in any of those situations but shopping once there was this old lady. She was around 60+ in age, pretty short, and had massive perfume on( :-X old people style).

She starts to buy meat and when she clearly says she wants 4 sausages and is given them she stares at the package and starts yelling. She said she had ordered a ham and that this did not look anything close to it.

She went on to say that this store had the worst service ever that the butchers couldn't even get the right meat.

She now went on to unwrap it throw it at the guys. :uhh: Then it was really stupid. She started to go to the shelves and picking up any hand sized object and throw it to the ground. :ohnoes: Jam was everywhere.

The police had to come...

:-s Quit odd. Not as bad as the mystery poopers though.

I've got a couple that kept me smiling for the rest of my day:

Our store is the closest of it's type to a brothel a few miles out of town. A lady, very well dressed, looking a bit worn out, bought her teenage son a laptop. Making judgment only on what I saw of him, the kid looked like he was not enjoying life much. Poor hygiene, didn't say a word, and just looked like a sad kid. I needed to check the receipt, and the first thing I noticed was the huge diamond in a ring on this lady's finger, probably about the size of a Sharpie. She handed me the receipt, and proceeded in engaging in one of the strangest conversations I've had in a while. She made direct eye contact with me the whole time she talked, and spoke to me like I was a child, telling me, "This piece of paper," as she gently tugged on the receipt, "is very important. VERY important. You never lose these. It's very important to me. DO NOT lose it." I humored her and said, "Yes, it sure is, I'll be super careful." I didn't tell her that they can look up receipts at customer service. She then instructed me on folding the receipt perfectly as it was back in it's folder, making sure I didn't mess it up. She wasn't mean or anything, just strange. Her kid just sat back there and kind of gave me a look that hinted that this is what he puts up with daily. Once she walked out the manager who was helping mentioned she owned one of the aforementioned brothels. A female pimp. Instantly I understood exactly where the kid was coming from. I'm not sure how I would have turned out growing up in an environment like that, with prostitutes defining my childhood.

She came back a couple of times (how could I forget a face like that?), once with a couple of huge, linebacker-looking guys and they were in some sort of hurry, in and out of the store quickly. She was dressed completely opposite of the last time I saw her, only in a white T-shirt and some pants, very tired looking. Still had the ring, and they piled into a $100,000 Mercedes.

Another one was where a manager (the same burned out surfer I mentioned previously) was making a huge sale to a wealthy couple. We had been closed for probably half an hour by the time the sale was done, and the whole time these people were in the store their Yukon Denali was parked right in front of the doors with remote start kicking in every 15 minutes or so. I had to go grab their TVs and a TV stand, so I got them, and went outside to load them in the car. The guy was maybe 50, and had long curly hair. He talked with a super deep voice, and I followed him out to his car. He opened the door and instantly I was hit with a blast of the smell of weed. The car was sitting outside for a good hour and smoke still spilled out. Not a whole lot I could do. His wife, some what of a trophy, didn't seem under the influence at all, but this guy was baked. I picked up his 13" tube TV and put it on his seat, and he said, "ooh, you's a strong little guy." I impressed him even more when I put his TV stand in the back, and as I pushed it in he closed the door, and said something like "ooh there we go, in there real niiice like." Super deep, mellow voice. I was pretty close to laughing there. The manager came out a little later, smelled the weed, and I saw him turn around an giggle. The guy handed me a fiver, but we're not supposed to accept tips so I declined, but I looked at the manager and he just nodded and smiled, so I took it on his second offer. We walked in and he told me not to tell anyone about that... It was a good time. Maybe one of those 'had to be there' moments. But the thought of a guy in his 50's hot boxing his $60,000 car like a highschooler before buying a couple of TVs and home theater system makes me laugh.

peterstretchfn5.gif

Ok, another one....

So, I was checking one day and a lady comes up with her husband. They buy a package of meat. It was $3.45 or something. I say the total and the man flips out. He calls his wife over, who is browsing through magazines, and asks her how much the meat was. She said $1.99 a pack. Clearly, meat is how much it weighs. It isn't sold by the package. She continues to insist it is $1.99, even though it says on the package, $3 something. I call the meat guy. He comes up and I ask him how much the meat is a pound. He says likes $2 something. The lady snarls at him saying a big sign back there said it was $1.99. The meat guy says he was going to go check and walks back there.

Well, the lady rips the package from my hand and says "I'll prove him wrong and get his [wagon] fired." I seriously was drawn back. Someone would be so desperate enough to get someone fired over a package of meat? It's about 5 minutes later with me having to stand there with the husband and they then finally come back. The meat guy tells me to give it to them for $1.99. I sell it, they leave. I ask the meat guy what the deal was and he said "The sign said 'Family Pack; $1.99 a pound with card". They, of course, somehow read it wrong and picked up a packet of USDA Choice beef that clearly had a label on it saying $2 something a pound.

The Family Pack, at my store, has a big orange sticker across it saying "Family Pack" and is packaged by us. <.<

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

Well i worked in a bikeshop last summer so this guy comes in with a model of lock we sell which is very weak.... we even tell our customers when they buy it that its not strong and can be broken very easily.

So anyway he came in and it was pretty much bent at a 90 degree angle and he stated he wanted his money back. I told we couldnt as when it was sold it was merchantible quality and that we stated it was a very weak lock.

So then he demaned for the manager #-o ...... but no.... the manager was on my said and him and the manager ended up getting into a big shouting fight and the customer getting barred from the store as thats the 3rd time this has happened in about 2 months :lol: .

then the funniest thing was every other customer was on my side and nobody

felt any sympathy for the guy as he perfectly well knew the lock was useless

P.S to anyone who owns a bike.... dont buy a lock for anything less than 50$..... they are useless otherwise.

Ok, another one....

So, I was checking one day and a lady comes up with her husband. They buy a package of meat. It was $3.45 or something. I say the total and the man flips out. He calls his wife over, who is browsing through magazines, and asks her how much the meat was. She said $1.99 a pack. Clearly, meat is how much it weighs. It isn't sold by the package. She continues to insist it is $1.99, even though it says on the package, $3 something. I call the meat guy. He comes up and I ask him how much the meat is a pound. He says likes $2 something. The lady snarls at him saying a big sign back there said it was $1.99. The meat guy says he was going to go check and walks back there.

Well, the lady rips the package from my hand and says "I'll prove him wrong and get his [wagon] fired." I seriously was drawn back. Someone would be so desperate enough to get someone fired over a package of meat? It's about 5 minutes later with me having to stand there with the husband and they then finally come back. The meat guy tells me to give it to them for $1.99. I sell it, they leave. I ask the meat guy what the deal was and he said "The sign said 'Family Pack; $1.99 a pound with card". They, of course, somehow read it wrong and picked up a packet of USDA Choice beef that clearly had a label on it saying $2 something a pound.

The Family Pack, at my store, has a big orange sticker across it saying "Family Pack" and is packaged by us. <.<

I love those type of customers.... the really aggressive ones who are wrong... i always challenge them becuase every time my manager would be on my side and if they got very aggressive i could throw them out of the store under irish law as they were causing unrest to the other customers....... Having one of those customers really makes my day and i would have loved to have those customers you had.