10 December 2007 - ALL Updates!

Gold_Tiger10

There goes the TET Christmas Drop Party!!! -.- #-o

You guys have until January 2008 till the drop trade thing will be abolished. :wink:

What's wrong with Party house?

Well, other than the fact that everyone gets spammed that there's a drop party happening...

Nothing wrong with it, but its alot more fun to do it in open spaces with good scenery. :)

The last time ive been to a TET christmas drop party, it was held in Lumbridge castle upstairs.

That was a good party. ::'

I'm sure I read they are starting the tweaks now, with the final adjustments happening in January? If we can still host the drop party then that will be a huge burden off my mind.

The problem with using the Party Room will be that it is nearly 100mill gp in items we will be dropping. With that amount of gp in items, every Banker on absolutely every Server will be announcing it. Every single Runescaper will turn up for the drop party, not just the Tipit Community, who are the people who have put in towards this drop party. :?

I really hope they don't do this nerf till after the New Year, if at all.

shey.png

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. To those who hate the updates: At least it'll all be over after Summoning. All the big changes, anyway. You probably don't care, because you're leaving anyway, but just something that people haven't noticed enough.

2. World 66 Laws? As far as I know, 27 * 270 > 3000. :wall:

Proud member of the Tal Shiar Alliance

Flobberdude.png

Goals: Quest cape, skill range 10 or less, all stats above 60. (Although yes, I am aware that in order to do the first two, I have to do the third.)

----

I am sick and tired of people asking me to put stuff in my signature. If you agree with me, do NOT put this in your signature.

Not that it's much of a bright side, but a lot of what they took out was imperfect in the first place. They may have chucked out the baby with the bathwater, but it wasn't a very healthy baby anyway, and they're trying to spawn us a new baby to replace it. (Sorry for the horrible mental image.)

Wilderness pking: Huge area, most of which wasn't used, and you had to go very deep to have a decent clan-war without the level restrictions mucking you about. That's a poor design, and there had been complaints and constructive suggestions for Jagex to redesign the Wilderness for ages. I don't think many people would have expected THIS, but Bounty Hunter and Clan Wars might be quite good, in themselves.

Unbalanced trading: It gave us flexibility and a free market. It also gave us scamming, and Jagex hadn't been having much success with trying to help with scamming by conventional means. Sadly we lose gift-giving and the chance for cooperation between players for skill-training, which is a big shame. Maybe they'll update the Assist system to help with some of this.

So yes, the update may be mighty unpopular, but I don't see it as all doom+gloom. It's a pity about all the gameplay mechanics we lose, but they're at least making an effort to replace them. Over time, once the inane rant-fest subsides and constructive suggestions start showing through, I'd expect them to add more features to help replace the things we've lost. In the longer term, we should still be able to find ways to have fun in RS.

(I'm still sulking about the update, but I haven't anything more useful to say about that than "waaaa". For the moment.)

I bet you didnt even try the bounty hunter game yet.

What does the bounty hunter game matter? Yeah ill go into a place where if I kill someone who I am 'not supposed' to kill then I have to stay there for 3 minutes. 3 MINUTES. You could kill 50 people in that time. No doubt you're a goner if you decide to kill someone who you are not supposed to. Make it even worse, the game gives you a bounty. What if you want to PK with a friend. Oh wait, no one pk's because of gravestones. Bounty hunter is more dangerous then normal pking.

Only good thing about bounty hunter is its F2P. woooo.

Point proven. You didnt try it.

867de2w.jpg

What can I say? I'm a rebel, like Ché Guevara.

8fcsy9s.jpg

What the hell is Ash doing while Team Rocket says their rhyme?

Amazing.

While the wilderness update is somthing i can live with, the trade system changes left me speechless...this is one step too far.

i hope Jagex will realize soon that this solution,will kill not only the RWT but also the very essence of this game,Interaction.

I am sorry but they will have to come up with something better then that.

This update looks like Jagex don't know their own game.

Disappointing

They could have at least made clan wars dangerous instead of safe. Where's the thrill, where's the adrenaline rush with wars if you lose nothing at all?

I am also very unhappy that there is no more random pk or wilderness. It's a minigame, yeck.

I predict and increase in combat training bots as RWT people will now sell accounts, not gold. This is bad for all of us. :(

I doubt that there will be a market for those.

It's bad for those who want to RWT and transfer stuff between accounts. And for those who liked old time PKing, merchanting and the like.

The above mentioned will not be a big issue.

kill_o_troll.png

kill_o_troll.png

Gf RuinScape

Monsterhunt share, down.

What is the point of Lootshare?

Paying a suicider, down.

No, your peeps beeing smart.

Ruining RuneScape so people will play MechScape...cmon.

/rant

Colo

- I'm not proud of everything I've done, but I have no regrets

15nu9u1.png

whoever said, and i quote "baby.bathwater." truer words have never been said. I'm writing without having tried out the updates yet, so bear with me. bank space=good!!! unbalanced trade=killed marketing, stops you from giving stuff back to your friends after wildy fun fights, and is going to be a pain in general when trading. :( discarded item changes=grrr!! no drop parties (only thing i can think of at the moment) :wall: gravestones +no teleblock=and Ja Gex claims they're doing this for PKers. Well, just right there they're ruined pking. And this is a comment omething that i don't know when it was, but you can't get good deals at the gneral store anymore (for example, uncuts used to be quite cheap and same with reg logs, limps, etc) I'm am not a pker, i just don't like pking. So when i go into the wildy, i'm there for mining, or training, or making anchovey pizzas. But the new updates have killed all that. And i shudder to think what's going to happen to runite miners (as if it wasn't dangerous enough for them)

xchariotx.png

"One has not only a legal, but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws."-Martin Luther King

"The Kingdom of God is anarchy"-Nicolas Berdyaev

Just wondering how rares prices will fluctuate if you need to keep within the 3k limit. Will rares have a set price after it is implemented? And how much does Jagex set the rares prices to? (That we have to trade within 3k of)

Oh and bye bye merchanting.

Welcome to RuinedScape.

picture6sd6.jpg

In addition to everything else, we really ARE now being forced to use the Grand Excrement, whether we like it or not.

So, since the geniuses at Jagex STILL think raw chompies are worth 85 gp, I will NEVER be able to buy them.

Brilliant!

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

They could have at least made clan wars dangerous instead of safe. Where's the thrill, where's the adrenaline rush with wars if you lose nothing at all?

Clan Wars could be so much better.

Losing items might be a bit harsh, given that no-one would be able to pick them up, but that was pretty much understood anyway.

But where are the features? Where's the choice of arenas, some plain, some with loads of blocking scenery, some with ranger towers to snipe from? Where's the choice of rules, such as a "players who die may come back to fight again, and the winning clan will be the first to 1000 kills" option?! I can understand Jagex trying to replace the Wildy with something that doesn't lead to RWT, even if I don't like it, but I can't understand why they'd try to do it with THIS.

I'm paraphrasing here, but I'm I want to quote something Qeltar said in one of his articles:

The road to hell is paved with good intent

This is an absolute outrage!

I do not pay ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3.20 a month for a supposed 'young genius' to tell me I can't give anything more than 3,000GP to whoever I want to! I have put in the time, risk and effort to earn that money; from a moral perspective I have the right to do whatever I so please with that money, so long as I don't break the rules. Why should the actions of a few RS players be reflected on the entire community. You're punishing us all for the actions of a tiny minority!

Congratulations on killing the very spirit that kept this fragile community together, Jagex. And then to have the arrogance to say this has no chance of being changed, no matter what the majority of the gaming community thinks, so confident you're in the 'right' is frankly unbelievable.

This is all for nothing either. RWT will still find someway of trading their goods, and you'll have destroyed the economy of the game for absolutely nothing.

Words cannot describe how furious I am right now. :x

In addition to everything else, we really ARE now being forced to use the Grand Excrement, whether we like it or not.

So, since the geniuses at Jagex STILL think raw chompies are worth 85 gp, I will NEVER be able to buy them.

Brilliant!

Couldn't say it better myself!

I wonder if they have their morning coffee before or after they discuss what prices to nerf.

shey.png

i have played this game for over 5years now. and i never though the word would be said by me:

R.I.P runescape

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Yep. Little did even I realize how far down the road they would eventually proceed.

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Brilliant!

Having implemented everything, now is the time to start making it work.

kill_o_troll.png

kill_o_troll.png

Hope you're right.. because what they have right now is an utter disaster.

This is about the worst case that I can recall of a successful company killing the goose that laid the golden egg.

signew2.png

I was considering to start playing again, but this...

RIP High level monster hunting.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Hope you're right.. because what they have right now is an utter disaster.

This is about the worst case that I can recall of a successful company killing the goose that laid the golden egg.

well i guase you were right about the big crash of 2007 :cry:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

I have now tried out every part of the update, even the trading and I really like everything pretty much. Maybe a few tweaks here and there but I am really sick of people saying "ruinedscape" and rioting. I'm going to be proactive and just play the game, instead of reacting like a 2 year old child that didn't get a chocolate bar from his mommy.

Cant lend my friends my Dragon Axe for a few days. The end of friendship.

Cant give a friend a birthday present. The end of generosity.

Can't share loot from Big monster hunting! The end of Teamwork.

Come and play this new game "RUINSCAPE!"

shey.png

Brilliant!

Couldn't say it better myself!

I wonder if they have their morning coffee before or after they discuss what prices to nerf.

I believe the have while discussing the nerf-age.

I really hope they reconsider the whole 3k limit thing, the other things i don't mind so much, but ruining merchanting more than they already have is quite disappointing.

And no giving gifts, or being ice to people just for the heck of it.