December 10th Updates

Shazarabbit

Please try to post here, to keep the forums cleaned. You can rant amongst yourselves here.

Thanks

~Shaz

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This update makes total sense!

- no trading cooked for raw/raw for cooked

- no trading herbs for seeds/seeds for herbs

- no trading herbs+seconds+vials for pots

- no trading straight herbs for pots

- no trading cannonballs for steel bars

- no trading fletching supplies for finished products

- no giving double nats

- no trading hides for range armor sets

- no running bones to someone at your altar

- no law running

- no running planks for someone

- no training firemaking and woodcutting together. One person cuts the logs and gives to someone else to burn.

- no hiring people to tan your hides for you

- no giving free loads of fish to people when you're power fishing

- no ore running

- No X-Mas Gifts, No helpin freinds!

- NO ESS FOR RUNES >.<

- NO BARS FOR ARMOR

- NO reliable way to make money

- NO PRIVATE PARTIES

- NO FUN

- NO STAKEIN' OVER 3K(ITEMS OR MONEY)

- NO SHARING DROPS

- NO TEAM DROP HUNTING

- NO TEAM KQ

- NO TEAM DAGGONTHS

- NO TEAM KBD

- NO TEAM GOD WARS

- NO LOANING GEAR TO FRIENDS

- NO BEGGING

- NO PK VIDS

I rest my case.

Man I bet the runecrafters on World 66 Entrana are soooo mad. Because...how is 27 pure ess going to equal 27 laws?

[Just finished the Communist Manifesto a couple days ago...XD]

Well, theres always WoW to go back to...

Seriously though, if they want to purge their game from fun then fine.

Down with the e-Fascists! Comrades we must unite to bring our game back to it's former glory! The class struggle in RS has come, let us fight!

-Zep

"For the bureaucrat, the world is a mere object to be manipulated by him."

Let the ruling classes tremble at a communist revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Workingmen of all countries, unite!"

-Karl Marx

When skills get raped by jagex everyone says "Get over it". When pking gets screwed, those same people whine and moan.

Usually i would say the same thing. But this has ruined the whole clan pking aspect of things.

Not to mention there are people in the wilderness wearing rares etc and alching. Although i guess one good thing is they can now get rid of the ditch :-w

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Well I am rather upset by how they have restricted PVP. It's bad enough we can only do it in a confined area known as bounty hunter, but do we have to be segregated... This is really going to hurt allot of clans out their. Corr and DF must be very angry right now. I mean now they are going to have to settle for 100 vs. 100 or multi world matches, no more super massive alliances dukeing it out at the gate near the greater demons.

I am also upset by the trade caps, and the drop capsÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ no more private drop parties, now if a rich host or group wants to do something really nice they have to put up with every one in a bank knowing about it in advance because of that other update. Not to mention friends wonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t be able to help each other out any more like loaning some one a rune pick to get off their feat after they where hacked.

I am pleased however that F2Pers have finally gotten some more bank space, access to the duel arena, and team capes.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/1724/modmg6.png

Freedom's gone. 1v1 is dead. The only pluses I can think to this update is that you can train on greaters without worrying about pkers, but meh... npcs took care of that.

And wow, TipIt is incredibly slow. RSOF isn't even accessible.

The ULTIMATE Runescape weapon

Where to start? I'm out of breath, flabbergasted, argh my left arm (heart-attack for the less medically inclined). This, it seems, is the true apocalypse, Heimdall, sound the Gjallerhorn, Ragnarok has come.

Ok enough pointless ramble, and on with the rant. Today, a day that shall live in infamy, Jagex killed the game i once loved.

Firstly we have lost the coveted evil that was the wildy, only for a small volcano of restricted "hunting." Not that I ever Pked, ever, but I did enjoy the adrenaline while killing green drags, never knowing when a pker might just come.

Now I just have [developmentally delayed]ed ghosts. How am I supposed to bribe the ghost not to kill me????

I do believe I can get over this though, that was until I saw the next hit (oww Jagex not the good ol' one-two) {or better yet the one-two-three-....}

Trading is now completely controlled (dont say the GE adjusts, because it is hardly indicative of real market trends (one could note the diff. between forums and GE (yesterday, before D-Day) 3k, god dnt we all hate that number now. How can I give my bro an Xmas gift now (he lives in the US).

Finally, no more death piles, not that I condone stealing from graves, but seriously, where's the fun. Dying is no longer dangerous at ALL. I can get literally anywhere in RS in 5 minutes, easy.

Sorry for the lack of logic, but Im just shocked atm. I'll post a concise rebuttal to Jagex soon enough. In fact, I may drive down to corporate next week. hehehe.

nacht07.png

nacht07.png

Well I was gonna make this a seperate thread, but i'd rather not get it locked, so i'll post it here. Just so everyone knows, this is only about the trade and drop max now. Haven't tested everything else out yet, so i'm not gonna say anything about it. :wink:

Its gonna be long, so if you don't like reading long things, just drop down to the bottom of the post.

To start it off, let me explain why I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t like the new trade update, in a festive fashion. :P

All little Annie wanted for Christmas was a rune longsword; she tried as hard as she could to earn money during the year, but couldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t save enough. So she thought, hey, let me ask Santa Claus for it.

Annie went all the way to Santa, and had to wait in line for 3 hours, but finally got to see him.

Santa said ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åwell what can I get for you, little girl?ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Sorry for the lack of logic, but Im just shocked atm. I'll post a concise rebuttal to Jagex soon enough. In fact, I may drive down to corporate next week. hehehe.

Are you really planning to visit the Jagex headquarters? If so, tell us how it goes!

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

As we read the earlier posts from Jagex staff regarding real-world trading, we knew that more was coming. But not to this extent.

I can see from here the smug expression on the faces of Jagex staff members when they finally put the metaphorical stake right into the heart of real-world traders. "First the Duel Arena, next the Party Room, etc., then BAM! We'd like to see you trade in the real world after this! Haha!" Unfortunately, they also put the metaphorical stake into many ancillary activities of RuneScape that made it fun, and by extension, the game of RuneScape itself.

I'm thinking of

• [*:kiy5uysb]Giving items as gifts. Whether undesired (by surprise) or desired (giving a diamond ring as a special item in a wedding!), big (Saradomin trimmed rune armor :)) or small (a fire battlestaff).

[*:kiy5uysb]Borrowing items from, or lending items to, trusted friends.

[*:kiy5uysb]Giving items to newcomers: a reasonable amount of runes and full iron armor, for instance. (I got given this as a newbie, by the person who introduced me to RuneScape.)

[*:kiy5uysb]Rune crafters who trade to get essence for laws or natures 1:1 will be affected by this. Their trades will be unbalanced about threefold. In the case of chaos and cosmic rune running, due to their altar configurations exceeding the 20-step limit for the Assist System, this can't be done without a great deal of trust trading, which will be gone. Law and nature running will be dead as well.

[*:kiy5uysb]Selling items with "friend discounts", common practice.

[*:kiy5uysb]Selling items at very low prices to get rid of them.

etc.

I say that the chaotic nature of player killing, and the mad dropping and looting, are part of what made the Wilderness fun. You had to expect chaos. Now, with PK zones inside the Wilderness and organised clan wars that are safe, it's... bland.

Many people say that this is the beginning of the end for RuneScape;

1. [*:kiy5uysb]Do you believe in them?

[*:kiy5uysb]and mostly, Do you believe that real-world trading will be gone forever after this move? There can still be account sales going on; accounts with items that are transferred along with them, in their banks.

We are ranting at Jagex, in fact so much that we've brought down the servers that provide the RuneScape forums earlier today (they're now back up, but already 50 pages in Rants are full of posts about that update, flooding the Forum Moderators)... and are bringing up the load on the Tip.it forums to unacceptable levels. There is something worth a sticky for one day of updates.

cynthia@greenclover ~$ telnet [Please Use QuickFind Code].com 80

<...>

GET / HTTP/1.1

Host: [Please Use QuickFind Code].com

User-Agent: Telnet

(30 seconds later) Connection closed by foreign host.