Tip.it Times Presents: What the heck was THAT?

MPM

"The killing thing....50% would go to pking, which we don't really have anymore due to Bounty Hunt being an unfair place at the moment."

-----

Any way you could enlighten us as to how bounty hunter is any more unfair than the wild used to be?

The old wild had one itemers, PJers, lures, and pures.

Bh has one itemers, PJers, and instead of pures; clans owning solo PKers.

"Here lies one whose name was writ in water."

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wilderness changes: as far as I'm concerned, PKers are a step below jackals in the order of things. as long as PKers only fight other PKers, I have no problem. when they prey on me while I attempt to get green dragon hides and bones, I have a problem. I realize that the wilderness is dangerous. but people who want to kill dragons aren't even a challenge to the elite PKers. those who want to kill other real-life people can go to bounty hunters. now we dragon-killers have the ghosts to deal with. also, abyss pkers have all but disappeared. this is awesome. for those of you who liked to PK other PKers, I'm sorry. try bounty hunter. for those of you who used to prey on those of us who were simply trying to obtain raw materials, screw you. you finally got what all of you deserved.

If this weren't the Internet, people like you would make me bloody FURIOUS.

YOU try bounty hunter. You've obviously never really tried PKing, so you cannot tell the actual difference, but I can tell you that Bounty Hunter is the saddest, most broken "replacement" Jagex could POSSIBLY have provided.

I've never PKed and I don't plan on going to Bounty Hunter any time soon, as I have 9mil in my inventory D: So could you (or anybody) get into a little bit more detail about what stinks and what's changed? (Or refer me to such a topic -too lazy to look it up O:)- )

p5hngmeawy19.png

wilderness changes: as far as I'm concerned, PKers are a step below jackals in the order of things. as long as PKers only fight other PKers, I have no problem. when they prey on me while I attempt to get green dragon hides and bones, I have a problem. I realize that the wilderness is dangerous. but people who want to kill dragons aren't even a challenge to the elite PKers. those who want to kill other real-life people can go to bounty hunters. now we dragon-killers have the ghosts to deal with. also, abyss pkers have all but disappeared. this is awesome. for those of you who liked to PK other PKers, I'm sorry. try bounty hunter. for those of you who used to prey on those of us who were simply trying to obtain raw materials, screw you. you finally got what all of you deserved.

YOU try bounty hunter. You've obviously never really tried PKing, so you cannot tell the actual difference, but I can tell you that Bounty Hunter is the saddest, most broken "replacement" Jagex could POSSIBLY have provided.

I've never PKed and I don't plan on going to Bounty Hunter any time soon, as I have 9mil in my inventory D: So could you (or anybody) get into a little bit more detail about what stinks and what's changed? (Or refer me to such a topic -too lazy to look it up O:)- )

Since I've been handing out more than my share of my opinion while on here, I suppose I'll just hand it to you straight:

Bounty Hunters is a PvP minigame separated into three sections, each for three different tiers of levels:

3-55

56-100

95-126 (you read right)

Regardless of which section you are in, you are immediately thrust into a multi-combat zone where anybody at all may attack you after six seconds. You are assigned a target to kill; the level and location of this target are completely random. You may attack anyone you wish, but if you kill someone that is not your target (even if they attack you first), you get what is called a "pickup penalty", which means that if you pick up ANYTHING, be it a bronze arrow or an abyssal whip, you may not leave the cave for three minutes. This penalty does not apply if you manage to kill your target instead of a random person.

Since I've been handing out more than my share of my opinion while on here, I suppose I'll just hand it to you straight:

Bounty Hunters is a PvP minigame separated into three sections, each for three different tiers of levels:

3-55

56-100

95-126 (you read right)

Regardless of which section you are in, you are immediately thrust into a multi-combat zone where anybody at all may attack you after six seconds. You are assigned a target to kill; the level and location of this target are completely random. You may attack anyone you wish, but if you kill someone that is not your target (even if they attack you first), you get what is called a "pickup penalty", which means that if you pick up ANYTHING, be it a bronze arrow or an abyssal whip, you may not leave the cave for three minutes. This penalty does not apply if you manage to kill your target instead of a random person.

But even if you DON'T pick something up, the penalty prevents you from using the protect item prayer. So if someone ELSE started the fight and lost, you will lose all of your items if you die.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

HmmÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâævalid point.

As far as I see it, Pking in the pass was fun for some (even thou havenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t done it but planned to). Yes, some of us do hate getting kills while doing a task but itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s only fair. You stepped into the wild so you are as fair game to anyone as everyone else is. The best ways you avoid trouble is to run, fight back, or ask them to stop. Now it sucks they kill you while getting green dragon hides but it is a risk you take when going into the wilderness. So Pkers shouldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t be bashed 100%. So the way I see it these changes maybe also balance it a little. Useless you GO to the three areas, (or the crater as it is called I believe) you canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t get yourself hurt. It only seem fair for one to lose all items that they carry. ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the wilderness. You take that risk.

At the same time PKer could have used some compassion. To kill of a weak miner who wants nothing more than ores seemed a little unfair, especially if they only have a pickaxe. They never look as if they want to fight. Now unless they are giving you trouble then I say go apes and kill. And if they want green dragon hides, wellÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ go ape and kill. If they come prepared to kill dragons, they should have come prepared to defend against PKers. But didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t it feel more rewarding to kills players with armor and real weapons looking for another PKer than a miner (or dragon slayer in some cases.).

I guess the point I want to make is the Bounty hunter isnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t all bad. One plus is that you get all the items one had if you killed them (after the 3 minute penalty if not your target.) One minus is you lose all your stuff if you die. But havenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t you always wanted to hunt down a specific target?

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

hahaha amazing!

but how do we return the items of a dead friend????

With gravestone repairing/blessing of course

Long live the mighty runite warhammer, the only guardian defending f2p from overpower of tank pures!

The only reason people are supporting taking free-for-all PK out of the wild is because they're noobs and probably get owned there repeatedly. LOL

And as for the people who "need" the wild to kill green draggys or something, tough luck, it's in the wild...that's how the game is.

rofl my wofl

Ok, I'm probably going to make a lot of people hate me here, but I'm willing to take that risk, just as Jagex was willing to take a risk and make the changes it did.

I am elated over the changes. I have played RS in its current incarnation since the beginning back in 2004. I played what is now known as RS classic before that. I have (fortunately) never been riped off in a RWT, probably because I don't trust people easily. It takes a lot for me to trust someone that far. I have, however, been a) ripped off repeatedly by PKers in the Wildy; B) been repeatedly denied access to things like level 3 clues because I didn't dare go to the Wildy to pursue the clue, because of those same PKers; and c) been repeatedly taunted, picked at and lured (unsuccessfully on their part) by PKers trying to get me into the Wildy so they could take my stuff. I was ready to quit RS just because I was tired of being denied easily half the game so others could pursue, unchecked, their desire to rob other people of stuff they had worked so hard for, sometimes for months at a time!

I don't get my stuff the easy way, whatever qualifies as "easy". I work for everything I get. It means something to me. It means invested time and effort; hours of boredom doing things over and over and over to raise a stat far enough to get what I want; trying repeatedly to catch the attention of one single person trying to sell what I want in an overwhelmingly busy marketplace, and quite frequently being beat to the proverbial punch by another person looking for the same thing I am; and finally obtaining said object, I have developed an understandable attachment to whatever that object is at the moment. So when some greedy creep decides the easy way is to kill my character and take what I have worked so hard for, I get HUGELY upset.

I am not a child or teen player. I am a 48-year-old grandmother who plays RS for fun and relaxation at the end of a long workday. And quite frankly, like it or not, my last word on the subject is to the whining PKers who can't rob people like me anymore without our permission: WAH! :boohoo: Get over it! Go kill others like you for the ill-gotten gains you value so much, and leave the rest of us to enjoy the game for ALL it's worth!

Thank you. I'll step down from my soapbox now. And I'll go enjoy Runescape the way it was meant to be enjoyed to begin with!!

Oh, and by the way: THANK YOU, JAGEX!!!

MysticalCeta

No matter how things seem in your life, just remember: It's all relative!

The only reason people are supporting taking free-for-all PK out of the wild is because they're noobs and probably get owned there repeatedly. LOL

And as for the people who "need" the wild to kill green draggys or something, tough luck, it's in the wild...that's how the game is.

rofl my wofl

And the only reason people like you supported this same free-for-all PKing is because you probably are too lazy to actually work for what you want, instead of taking it off of others!

Most of the time, people's real-world values show very vividly in their style of gaming in RS.

MysticalCeta

hours of boredom doing things over and over and over

Are you sure you should be "playing" this "game"?

rofl my wofl

And the only reason people like you supported this same free-for-all PKing is because you probably are too lazy to actually work for what you want, instead of taking it off of others!

Most of the time, people's real-world values show very vividly in their style of gaming in RS.

With all due respect, ma'am, the weak perish and the strong survive. I am a runite miner. I've mined countless ores in the pursuit of the ability to mine it. and have defended my fellows in the past and destroyed many PKers who would attack them. I used to have the same attitude as you- to hate those who desire to take from us in an instant what we have worked so hard to acquire- but now, seeing the cowards who once stuck to the Hero's Guild out here, sapping the precious ore I have risked my life for countless times in the past, I have come to miss them. I have come to miss those who allow only the brave to take of the ore and stand up to oppose them.

I myself have a PKing account that I worked hard to raise. I didn't attack or kill people who came into the Wild with a purpose other than bringing harm to others, and likewise I attacked and killed those who did. That, to me, was a lot more fun than mindless repetition to get a skill level. And now everything that the Wild was to me is gone now: my ability to bring justice to those who use the Wild as a means of bullying others, my ability to have any fun at all while mining runite, and the ability of those who are strong yet just to rise to the top.

hours of boredom doing things over and over and over

Are you sure you should be "playing" this "game"?

rofl my wofl

With all due respect, ma'am, the weak perish and the strong survive. I am a runite miner. I've mined countless ores in the pursuit of the ability to mine it. and have defended my fellows in the past and destroyed many PKers who would attack them. I used to have the same attitude as you- to hate those who desire to take from us in an instant what we have worked so hard to acquire- but now, seeing the cowards who once stuck to the Hero's Guild out here, sapping the precious ore I have risked my life for countless times in the past, I have come to miss them. I have come to miss those who allow only the brave to take of the ore and stand up to oppose them.

I myself have a PKing account that I worked hard to raise. I didn't attack or kill people who came into the Wild with a purpose other than bringing harm to others, and likewise I attacked and killed those who did. That, to me, was a lot more fun than mindless repetition to get a skill level. And now everything that the Wild was to me is gone now: my ability to bring justice to those who use the Wild as a means of bullying others, my ability to have any fun at all while mining runite, and the ability of those who are strong yet just to rise to the top.

First: Yes, I feel I shoud be playing this game. I don't have to subscribe to the same "values" PKers do, nor do I have to enjoy hours and hours of woodcutting or firemaking to want to improve my skill. I do have to endure the hours of boredom that repetitive actions cause any normal person, if I want to advance my skills.

Second: I seriously doubt that there are many PKers out there who have a sense of honor. You, however, actually seem different. Would that there were many more like you, and less like the ones I described in my diatribe earlier. However, the reality always was that there were far, far many more of the other kind of PKer. I am truly sorry if this change has taken the fun out of your game. You probably would not have PK'd me or others like me if we had ventured out there. But is it truly fair to keep those of us less skilled from the portions of the game that we could never seem to reach before, just because of the majority of PKers who insisted that we had no right in the Wildy, other than to die by their hands? Perhaps Jagex should make a game for people who a) want to PK freely, and B) are willing to take their chances in a game like that for whatever rewards they can get out of it, such as yourself. If More PKers had a shred of honor, as you seem to, it wouldn't have been so bad. The other option is for Jagex to make a game for those of us who want to pursue quests, advance skills, trade build an in-game "life" rather than kill other players. There are many of us who actually enjoy that sort of activity, along with treasure trails, and NPC-killing. People like me don't need to kill other human-operated characters to get our thrills. There are enough risks out there without having to watch my back for a fellow player aiming a blast of magic or an arrow at it. Want a challenge? Go after some of the larger monsters on RS, like the high-level dragons or dagganoth. But perhaps that's too dangerous for many of the PKers who just want the easy kill and potential drops of a player like me, eh?

I don't know. Perhaps all the people like me should just leave the game; that seems to be what the most vocal protestors want. That, or just walk out into the PKing Wildy and offer ourselves as sacrifices to their desire to wantonly kill anyone who ventures out. Either way, someone loses, completely and totally. At least with the things Jagex is trying to do, there's something left for the PKers, even if it is for them to kill other PKers in an arena specially designed for just that.

But if all the people like me left the game, Art, who would you defend against the other PKers?? Hmmmm?? There'd be no more innocent people left to venture out into the Wildy in search of . . . whatever. You fill in the blank. We can't always have things the way we feel is the best, even in the RW. Sad, but true. Sometimes compromise is the best solution there is. Sometimes, it's the only solution.

MysticalCeta

People like me don't need to kill other human-operated characters to get our thrills. There are enough risks out there without having to watch my back for a fellow player aiming a blast of magic or an arrow at it. Want a challenge? Go after some of the larger monsters on RS, like the high-level dragons or dagganoth. But perhaps that's too dangerous for many of the PKers who just want the easy kill and potential drops of a player like me, eh?

Once you've fought a real, thinking opponent who presents a challenge, there is no going back. Fighting NPCs just isn't the same as fighting another human player, believe me.

But if all the people like me left the game, Art, who would you defend against the other PKers?? Hmmmm?? There'd be no more innocent people left to venture out into the Wildy in search of . . . whatever. You fill in the blank. We can't always have things the way we feel is the best, even in the RW. Sad, but true. Sometimes compromise is the best solution there is. Sometimes, it's the only solution.

I'm a brawler, too. I pick fights with anyone else who wants to fight. Bloody heck, that's actually what 90% of Edgeville and Castle pkers do (albeit most of them aren't very civil, but when was brawling ever a civil bloodsport?)

Right on, Qeltar, right on. I am 100% behind that dude. If there's some petition or poll or whatever, if there's something that needs supporters before being reported to Jagex, put me on that list. I absolutely agree that now if not the time to be whining and complaining for what's been done to be undone but the time to start coming up with ideas (that are feesible) to adjust the new updates to improve the game for us players while helping Jagex win its war on RWT.