41k online. 1/3rd drop in people online.

deep_pain

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the lesser of evils is to completely destroy many aspects of RS that actually made it unique in comparison to other MMOs? Makes sense to me.

Jagex, read a goddamn book.

You should try reading in between the lines a little more before shooting of idiotic assumptions.

When you prefer the old runescape with autoers over Runescape, you're choosing this:

Membership bot accounts were being paid for with stolen credit cards. Look at how many autoers there were in p2p, and you'll understand why after a few years, the major credit card companies are now threatening to block all funds to Jagex, which would include Runescape and all future games.

Now comes the part you won't hear about too much. As many business decisions are based on either a calender year or fiscal year approach, the card companies probably gave Jagex until the end of this year to show that they were completely stamping out real world item trading.

Now imagine Runescape next year, but with all the updates post November gone. You wake up, go to log in, and suddenly you're not allowed on a p2p world. You go to the front page, and you see the big notice:

"Runescape Payment changes"

"As a step against real world item traders, you'll find that any members who paid for their subscription via credit card will find themselves once again in our free player status quo. Unfortunately, this is due to actions taken by most major credit card companies as a result of pay to play autoer accounts having a habit of using stolen credit cards... read more"

Yea, I'd sure love sending in a money order or having to put an 8 dollar charge on my phone every month. I'd probably quit just from that.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I have never used a bot, but...

The rs economy evolved to where bots were necessary, and now that they are gone, the economy is unstable, and the iron grip on the prices certainly doesn't help. How are people going to buy ess, when you HAVE to buy for 93 each, and 100,000 people are fighting for the 50k ess that gets mined per day?

Tooth and nail.

I'll be working diligently to keep up the supply of the pure essence....At maximum grand exchange sale prices of course :-w

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Probably that rubbish protest they made to "force" Jagex to revert the update.

Not that I necessarily support the reverting of the update - You're forgetting the customers make Jagex what it is. Without protesting things you and many other people see unfair or non-functional/improvable, no progress would've ever been made in the world.

I have never used a bot, but...

The rs economy evolved to where bots were necessary, and now that they are gone, the economy is unstable, and the iron grip on the prices certainly doesn't help. How are people going to buy ess, when you HAVE to buy for 93 each, and 100,000 people are fighting for the 50k ess that gets mined per day?

Tooth and nail.

I'll be working diligently to keep up the supply of the pure essence....At maximum grand exchange sale prices of course :-w

And we get down to brass tacks here.

Those that BENEFITED from bots lowering prices on things suddenly finding they now have to pay a FAIR price for them.

Just to let you know, you don't HAVE to buy ess at 93 each. You can go get them for free.

And why complain, as long as rune prices are MORE then that? I wish I could buy my resources to raise smithing AND make a million an hour in profit.

"Here lies one whose name was writ in water."

Not that I necessarily support the reverting of the update - You're forgetting the customers make Jagex what it is. Without protesting things you and many other people see unfair or non-functional/improvable, no progress would've ever been made in the world.

Except the vast majority aren't rioting for something that makes the game better, more fair, or for progress.

They are rioting to have drop trading back so they can level pures easier.

They are rioting to have PKing back, so they can mob the "edge" again.

They are rioting to have their access to cheap resources back.

They are rioting so they CAN buy gold again.

They are rioting with NO thought or care as the why these draconian measures had to be taken.

They don't care about a better runescape. They just want THEIR "game" back.

"Here lies one whose name was writ in water."

Except the vast majority aren't rioting for something that makes the game better, more fair, or for progress.

They are rioting to have drop trading back so they can level pures easier.

They are rioting to have PKing back, so they can mob the "edge" again.

They are rioting to have their access to cheap resources back.

They are rioting so they CAN buy gold again.

They are rioting with NO thought or care as the why these draconian measures had to be taken.

They don't care about a better runescape. They just want THEIR "game" back.

=D>

Wait till summoning is released and the numbers will bounce right back.

No biggie :wink: .

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Hey guys, its nearly 3am here on the eastern coast of America, and there are only a few hundred players on our servers, atm.

Let's all freak out together, mmk!?

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

When I popped in last night (about 8 hours ago), there were 190,000+ players online. :P

Now, half may have ended their members last week. People could just be playing out their last hours.

Only time will tell.

By this time in January, we should have a better idea of how many people gave up members.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Very interesting, just look at the graph now over the last 30 or 90 days. All the peak hours (both weekend and rest of the week) are almost as high as usual. However, on low hours a lot less people are playing. So my guess is the people who played (way) too much have quit, but most of the players don't really care that much.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Many thousands of them are autoers, they stop using most of autoers after updates

Dharoks, emo's ultimate weapon if you know what i'm sayin. :lol:
Very nice 10/10

For a second when I was looking at your drop-list picture. Ilooked at the dragon longsword and said "They have a dragon longsword now??" ohh I'm tired :wall:

..., then I noticed a gravestone where our tank was supposed to be and my health was a 1 digit number again.

It's the collection of players that Runescape was better without. Autoers, RWTers, pures (Who actually drop traded), gold farmers, those who were addicted...

I've said this before: It's the Great Runescape Detox of December '07. Try not to miss what was bad for you.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

176k people now. The Temporary insanity is over.