41k online. 1/3rd drop in people online.

deep_pain

It could also be from thousands of RWT cutting their losses and not wasting anymore time with Runescape.

I imagine that would cause a good deal of player "loss" in and of itself.

why would they not do another 20 days of $ earning?

Most likely is because the rule applys to not very old characters right now instead of first week of January.

228996.png

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's late and whoever said nothing beat family guy.

Family guy isnt even funny :XD:

Thats because your candian.

hes the coolest canadian i met then because hes right lol.

i never met a person over the age of 20 who likes family guy, all the jokes make me want to change the channel and watch pokemon even.

really, are you from england?

Lmfao =D>

i never met a person over the age of 20 who likes family guy, all the jokes make me want to change the channel and watch pokemon even.

Lmfao =D>

yeah i met a guy named hulk hogan on rs, hes hulk hogan i guess :lol:

i never been to england in my life, infact my entire family tree probably never touched england.

family guy sucks, get over it and get over the age of 20 lol.

ask the admin for my ip and track it if you want, since your under 20 you probably dont have the time for that and have to watch family guy.

south park is a real show.

edit: still think im kidding? i liked family guy 3 years ago, i watched it all the time, all it is is like spongebob now.

i have a job a gf, and family guy cant make me laugh anymore none of the episodes, i cant even look at it and say good times, its just terrible thats all, when you grow up too and get a life you will understand perhaps lol.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

Things will return to normal in a few weeks or so. The kids are crying because their little toy was painted a different colour, that's all.

The "kids" are crying because they are upset Jagex has ruined an important part of the game for them.

Grow up you guys, taking out PK'ing ruined thousands of people's main activity. I'm normally on RS right now but I'm not simply because I don't know what to do. Just because it hasn't affected you yet or won't affect you doesn't mean you need to be such snots.

The "protest" did seem big. I was in one channel, completely unrelated to the other and heard about it, then a couple minutes later heard it in another. Lots of people heard the message.

And from a nocturnal player there are normally 150-200k on at this time.

And the bots were ruining even MORE thousands of players enjoyment of runescape.

And the pures made using drop trading ruined a large portion of the game for even MORE players of the game.

JAgex had to do something, they choose the lesser of 2 evils.

How MUCH lesser is the only question.

"Here lies one whose name was writ in water."

And the bots were ruining even MORE thousands of players enjoyment of runescape.

And the pures made using drop trading ruined a large portion of the game for even MORE players of the game.

The bots were providing half of you skillers with your 99s. Now I don't support them but I would prefer RWT over this form of Runescape.

Ah of course. Because only pures drop-traded and OF COURSE it somehow ruined the game for others. Am I right? I don't understand how this ruined it for other people. What? Whenever you see a 55 with a Ranger set you cry?

Yes.

Only pures drop-trade.

lol

Lmfao =D>

i never been to england in my life, infact my entire family tree probably never touched england.

ask the admin for my ip and track it if you want, since your under 20 you probably dont have the time for that and have to watch family guy.

i know alot of people whom actually are over 20. as i am, and like it. sorry to burst your bubble.

It's a school night. Also there are massive ammounts of poweroutages in the Midwestern United States right now. But mostly because it's a school night.

really? i live in illinois the so called "mid west" area and i have power. perhaps a bit more westernly?

http://www6.comcast.net/news/articles/n ... ter.Storm/

And Illinois isn't even in the midwest.

So the lesser of evils is to completely destroy many aspects of RS that actually made it unique in comparison to other MMOs? Makes sense to me.

Jagex, read a goddamn book.

Lmfao =D>

i know alot of people whom actually are over 20. as i am, and like it. sorry to burst your bubble.

lolol name me the best episode and ill download it, you cant be serious really, name me the best episode so i can download it.

whats double funny about this is how i watched a full episode on tv of family guy about an hour and 30 mins ago, i went in and out of sleep and had to change it to the discovery channel to watch something more funny than family guy.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

Things will return to normal in a few weeks or so. The kids are crying because their little toy was painted a different colour, that's all.

The "kids" are crying because they are upset Jagex has ruined an important part of the game for them.

Grow up you guys, taking out PK'ing ruined thousands of people's main activity. I'm normally on RS right now but I'm not simply because I don't know what to do. Just because it hasn't affected you yet or won't affect you doesn't mean you need to be such snots.

The "protest" did seem big. I was in one channel, completely unrelated to the other and heard about it, then a couple minutes later heard it in another. Lots of people heard the message.

And from a nocturnal player there are normally 150-200k on at this time.

Thanks lak, nice to see someone on topic, I thought it was about 150k. at this time usually, It dipped to 65k that's unheard of.

To the people who hijacked this post, I couldn't care less about if you watch family guy or south park, I couldn't care less if you are over 20 or under 20, I couldn't care less if you think people are crying or if you agree with the update or not. It was to talk about the numbers online and whether it was the update or another cause as to why people are not online.

Did I mention whether I agree with the update or not? Please dont turn this thread into another agree/disagree with update thread, there are hundreds of those for you to post on.

Deep_pain.gif

Co-Founder of KoA over 18's clan. Founded 2002. An RS clan for adults only.

Now Recruiting

bots not being on is an interesting point, it is under 65k now :-o

Again school night is a moot point, it's a school night 5 days a week. I don't remember seeing numbers below 65k at this time, in a long time?

As before I am not saying I'm right, just saying at this time I havent seen such low numbers in well over a year without there being server issues. If I'm wrong just say nah ur wrong, not oh people watch tv, or go to shool or work, or eat food, because it's kind of obvious they do that, they do it most days every week, it's no explination as to why numbers would be different to any other school day at this time.. If the numbers are no different just say that, but dont try to explain it with things that happen all the time. Now the bot point was very interesting.

Also isnt it the start of Asia / Australasia prime time?

its currently 4:30-5pm here (no idea what prime time is) and usually the amount of players begins to drop here but not as much as below 100k-.

also in regards to school nights, its not like school will stop them playing runescape trust me, i know these things amoungst seen them also. :?

Popoto.~<3

Yah probably a mix of a few things, it's now down to less than 60k players tho.

about 90k less than usual at this time.

It is late in the U.S. and I cant see all 90k players less that are usually on being from those 600k households. over 50% of RS players who r usually on at this time of night all cant be from that area.

It is definately a valid point as a factor tho.

Deep_pain.gif

Now Recruiting

It could be the update, it could be the 600,000 houses with no power in the us right now.

Who knows?

You honestly think 10-12% of the 600,000 houses play RS?

you never know :wink:

and for some reason my java has clunked out and isnt working now....*oh noes teh runescape!*

Popoto.~<3

I live in the "gateway to the west" and there are no freakin power outages anywhere near me. There might be some isolated ones a bit more west but I don't think that is at all affecting the # of people playing runescape at the moment. I think it is because all of the autoers and pkers are not playing atm. The game was ruined today no matter what people saying Runescape was completely based on pking/staking. Why did ppl fish? They fished to get food to train (which in return they would get stats to pk with) or they would use the fish to pk with. Why did people do herblore? to get pots or sell pots and in some way shape or form they were used for pking. EVERYTHING IN THE GAME WAS PART OF PKING. The dueling update I could stand but this is ridiculous. I thought when RS2 came out pknig couldn't get any worse. Well I was extremely wrong.

It could be the update, it could be the 600,000 houses with no power in the us right now.

Who knows?

You honestly think a half million houses with no power is having little impact on the numbers?

And obviously if you're reading this the power outage isn't really an issue for you. The ones who are affected can't really come on and vouch for the fact that comcast isn't lying about a massive power outage caused by a huge ice storm.

I live in the "gateway to the west" and there are no freakin power outages anywhere near me. There might be some isolated ones a bit more west but I don't think that is at all affecting the # of people playing runescape at the moment. I think it is because all of the autoers and pkers are not playing atm. The game was ruined today no matter what people saying Runescape was completely based on pking/staking. Why did ppl fish? They fished to get food to train (which in return they would get stats to pk with) or they would use the fish to pk with. Why did people do herblore? to get pots or sell pots and in some way shape or form they were used for pking. EVERYTHING IN THE GAME WAS PART OF PKING. The dueling update I could stand but this is ridiculous. I thought when RS2 came out pknig couldn't get any worse. Well I was extremely wrong.

Thanks for the post.

I have to agree, I think it is mainly down to PK'ers not playing, a level of bots not being on and maybe a few other smaller factors.

Please don't turn this into a right or wrong thread, I agree, I dont personally like update but there are plenty of posts discussing whether the update was right or wrong.

I'm more interested in knowing if this is down to people not playing because they are upset with the update or if there is some other reason. If it's because people ar eupset that is a huge statement, literally 50% less players tonight than an average night. Whether they are right or wrong.

Deep_pain.gif

Now Recruiting

Who knows?

You honestly think a half million houses with no power is having little impact on the numbers?

And obviously if you're reading this the power outage isn't really an issue for you. The ones who are affected can't really come on and vouch for the fact that comcast isn't lying about a massive power outage caused by a huge ice storm.

Yes. In fact very little. I would say it only changed the number by 5-10k people. Next time you try to debate me at least look intelligent doing it because if I can say "Yes." to a question which is meant to make me look stupid then you're doing it wrong.