41k online. 1/3rd drop in people online.

deep_pain

I can vouch, although my power hasn't went out yet the Ice Storm was the big word around my school today - we really want a day off tomorrow :D (Today now, why am I awake at 1AM?) Anyways, the storm is moving up to Illinois about now so of course it is happening and it probably has a very small affect, however not drastic enough to drop the numbers by 40,000.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You honestly think a half million houses with no power is having little impact on the numbers?

You honestly think they're having a large impact?

300,000,000 peoples in US (completely ignoring other countries, which are a big part of RS)

200,000 usually online

300,000,000peoples/~200,000players = 1500 people per one RS player

500,000/1500 = ~300 people in that group. HUGE difference.

This may have an impact, but there's obviously been a huge loss due to the sucky update.

You honestly think a half million houses with no power is having little impact on the numbers?

You honestly think they're having a large impact?

300,000,000 peoples in US (completely ignoring other countries, which are a big part of RS)

200,000 usually online

300,000,000peoples/~200,000players = 1500 people per one RS player

500,000/1500 = ~300 people in that group. HUGE difference.

This may have an impact, but there's obviously been a huge loss due to the sucky update.

Nice point.

although hasn't the average house like 2.4 people or something? so you'd need to multiply by 2.4.. still less than 1k people lol

does anyone have a link to how many homes are actually down now? maybe a news or weather site that mentions it, because I can't find anythhing on the web saying how many homes are currently without electricity.

Deep_pain.gif

Co-Founder of KoA over 18's clan. Founded 2002. An RS clan for adults only.

Now Recruiting

I was pointing out that hundreds of thousands of people have no power right now.

Never once did I say it was the sole reason, or that I really believed it was anywhere near that.

I was being sarcastic the first time and someone took it seriously, then took it a step further and shot the idea down entirely.

I personally think the main causes are people who quit and people who are just staring at the forums. But to jump out and assume it's ENTIRELY because of this, especially when there's a major disaster going on right now...

Like I said before, how can you tell how much of it is from the power outage if the people can't even come on to acknowledge that's why they aren't on? lol

I haven't seen 1 bot since the update, and I'm cutting yews right now at varrock :shock: So i think that has a lot to do with it.

Of course but I doubt that's the cause of 200 people logging out a minute and the spots not being refilled. But you're right I'm sure a fairy large amount of bots are gone but I wouldn't say over 15-20k.

1300 people out since my last post.

There are currently 57683 people playing!

It could be that its 8:00-11:00 PM in the United States which most of the RS players are at and are currently sleeping or watching Night TV.

+1, nothing beats family guy.

LOL nice one, and we all know the updates are bad in some ways, but not enough to really go on and protest IN a game. wow.

They werent protesting IN a game....

Honestly I dont think it was a protest... I believe it was the disinterest of everyone that usually plays since RS is now doomed (the updates are only getting worse and worse every week, anyone who cant see that trend needs lenscrafters or an english teacher QUICK).

I logged in for like 10 clan war fights today... and tried BH (wow... nice phail JaGeX... I wonder how that planning went down: Alright, lets make a new minigame version of pking and remove pking from RS. In the minigame we will give them a target, but that target means absolutely nothing... So we should have just left it the way it was, but we didnt)

Just about to drop below 57k players soon.

I'm glad I quit a few months ago. The game has been steadily getting worse. First the update to make it more kiddy friendly and now this, I mean honestly, what good can really come out of this?

Think of your skills. Chances are, some of those levels were fueled by items that were bought from a bot.

This updated has done more harm than good and unless changes are made, there are going to be sharp dips in the amount of people playing, especially the higher levels.

Mamong.png

336489.jpg

[Tip.It Mod][Retired][Add your Steam name here!]

When I made the initial post I was on the phone with a friend, we started watching it at about 110k..

When it was 110k I said I hope it gets to under 100k so I can screenshot, she said it's constant every refresh so it will, I remember saying well it has to stop dropping at some point. Didn't ever expect numbers in the 50k's

It has been 200+ a min as lak mentioned for 3 hours str8.. I know numbers usually drop at this time, but it cant keep going at that rate .. has to stop sooner or later lol.

What do you think the low number wil be?

Deep_pain.gif

Now Recruiting

Think of your skills. Chances are, some of those levels were fueled by items that were bought from a bot.

Not even the fact that lots of supplies came from bots:

Fishers get their sharks.

They sell their raw sharks to Cooks or cook themselves.

Now they can either use for training, making no loss but lots of time for a load of training, or it will lead to the cooks.

Cooks can either do that^ or they can sell, which they almost always do.

Who are they going to sell to now that 80% of their market has nothing to do?

Less PK'rs = Less Cooks = Less Fishers = Less Sharks = Decline of Cooking and Fishing.

Farmers get their seeds, harvest their Ranarrs, Irits, Kwuarm, etc.

They sell their seeds to Herblorist or make themselves.

Now they can either use for their own training and lose the 30k.

Or they can sell to the pkers for profit, so they can buy more seeds, to continue the process.

No PK'rs = Little reason to make pots = Little reason to collect Herbs = Farming going to die because it will be too expensive.

Woodcutters or bots get their yew logs.

They sell to fletchers or make themselves.

They can either alch the Longbows(later to come) or it will move on to the next stage.

Fletchers sell to PK'rs, alching for Vengeance/TB/Barrage/Any spell

No PK'rs = NO reason to fletch = Fletching too expensive since no one alching = decline of Fletching, WC, and:

Runecrafters use their pure essence to make Nature Runes.

They can either sell them or alch.

Alching would make them about 60k, tops.

And they have no one to sell to since no one is striving for X mage level.

Less PK'rs = Less demand for Magic = Less Alchers = Less Nats = Less RC'rs.

Runescape really did revolve around PK'ing.

Over the next few days, I recommend you head over to Kubr.Net and head over to the graph section and make a graph of the last seven days and see if there are any big dips at all. That would really show the change, if there is much.

By the way, that's a safe link.

Nice site, it's hard to tell as you say, but on 7 30 and 90 days it doe seem to be very low, but need at least a day or 2 to see for sure.

Deep_pain.gif

Now Recruiting