The Ultimate GWD Guide (AOW Discussion) Updated 6-17-2008

Soma2035

*Sarcasm dector blows up*

Thanks for addressing the concerns I mentioned the other day, soma.

Perhaps in the future, a more in depth look at Duoing? (as the prices go down as time goes by, duoing might be more profitable?)

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Sarcasm dector blows up*

Thanks for addressing the concerns I mentioned the other day, soma.

Perhaps in the future, a more in depth look at Duoing? (as the prices go down as time goes by, duoing might be more profitable?)

I will take a look at it once I find a more efficient technique, or if the prices change enough to make duo trips worth considering. In the current climate, I'm not sure it's worthy of a guide right now though.

Just a few things,

First, I love the guide <3: I reccomend it to anybody who asks how to do gwd.

Second, is there any way to get Kreeyath and Gritch (the ranger and the mage) from attacking you? I tried soloing him and was forced to tele out because the mage and ranger were pounding me.

Third, I really think you should talk about duoing/soloing the generals. I mention this because I am going to be duoing K'ril/Graardor with a friend of mine once he hits 80 all mellee stats and would appreciate your thoughts about how to go about it.

19/10

Would be twenty out of ten but you dont mention duoing/soloing the generals at all ::'

Just a few things,

First, I love the guide <3: I reccomend it to anybody who asks how to do gwd.

Second, is there any way to get Kreeyath and Gritch (the ranger and the mage) from attacking you? I tried soloing him and was forced to tele out because the mage and ranger were pounding me.

Third, I really think you should talk about duoing/soloing the generals. I mention this because I am going to be duoing K'ril/Graardor with a friend of mine once he hits 80 all mellee stats and would appreciate your thoughts about how to go about it.

19/10

Would be twenty out of ten but you dont mention duoing/soloing the generals at all ::'

There used to be a way to throw them off. However, Jagex updated that fairly recently. If you're being overwhelmed by the range and magic attacks, try getting your defense and magic up. If that's too much trouble, wait until you get a lesser demon mission. You'll be able to kill K'ril substantially faster and take less damage.

Addressing your point about solo-ing, these monsters aren't really meant to be killed alone. While you can fight them alone, it's generally very inefficient. I have solo'd all four so I probably will add sections for solo-ing and duo-ing sooner or later though. It seems a lot of people want a 2-man bandos guide ::' .

Excellent guide. The Bandos part definately helped me do my first trip. Good job Soma and everyone who contributed :D

~Cent

CentriX_2.png

modashpatienceskilldm3.png

Dragon Drops : Axe, Shield Left Half

Dk drops : Axe, Zerker (X3)

Barrow drops : Torag Plate (X3), Ahrim Robeskirt, Dharok Legs

GWD drops : Sara Sword, Bandos Tassets, Zammy Spear

You might want to include ranging section under bandos and maybe several tricks useable while ranging such as bringing knives for kc etc.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Thank you everyone for your support! This guide's in AOW... but I'm not finished with it yet. :wink: For those of you pest control fans, I'm going to add a section on using void properly. Also, after some more testing, I'm going to add a section on Ancient Magicks. I'm probably not the only one who wants to Ice Barrage Graardor.

Anyways... thanks again everyone! :D

-

Also, after some more testing, I'm going to add a section on Ancient Magicks. I'm probably not the only one who wants to Ice Barrage Graardor.

Meh personally I wouldn't ever suggest ancients, really just too expensive for a trip. You are gonna lose alot of cash if there is no drops like shards/equipment/hilt etc. You might want to consider good old slayer dart with vulnerability spell to help your teammates.

Just to share, but zyliana's magic defence is incredibly high. I tried ice barraging her at 97 magic with some +100 magic attack bonus and only managed to hit about 1 out of 4 times. :wall:

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

With using ice barrage against General Graardor, it's not going to be those looking to be the most cost efficient with their trip, it's going to be those who go for the most kills per trip regardless of gear/tactics. ;) But yes, you are right, ancient magicks would be extremely expensive and not suggested for those who are going to GWD more for the money aspect than the fun aspect of it.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Also, after some more testing, I'm going to add a section on Ancient Magicks. I'm probably not the only one who wants to Ice Barrage Graardor.

Meh personally I wouldn't ever suggest ancients, really just too expensive for a trip. You are gonna lose alot of cash if there is no drops like shards/equipment/hilt etc. You might want to consider good old slayer dart with vulnerability spell to help your teammates.

Just to share, but zyliana's magic defence is incredibly high. I tried ice barraging her at 97 magic with some +100 magic attack bonus and only managed to hit about 1 out of 4 times. :wall:

Yea Zilyana's mage defense is high. It's not very cost efficient to barrage Graardor, but it's loads of fun. :D

just wanted to point out one mistake

- By now you should have an idea of the gear expected. If you canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t use, say, barrow gloves or a torags plate, then you should really go to another boss, or earn some more money and level up more before attempting this

In the picture you are wearing a guthans plate, not a torags plate.

Anyway very nice guide, love it

No sig ftw

just wanted to point out one mistake

- By now you should have an idea of the gear expected. If you canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t use, say, barrow gloves or a torags plate, then you should really go to another boss, or earn some more money and level up more before attempting this

In the picture you are wearing a guthans plate, not a torags plate.

Anyway very nice guide, love it

I said Torag's since it's the cheapest plate that has the full effect. I don't have one since I use Guthan's instead.

if i wanted to solo the zammy boss is there a cheeper wepen then god sword?

If your stats are good enough, whip and defender ought to be sufficient. I would recommend at least 95-95-95 if you're trying with anything weaker than a whip, and 85-85-85 if you're not using a godsword.

Might want to add this though its not too significant or I missed it during the guide, praying on the altar with the item of that god gives 1 prayer point more than your prayer lvl. (like praying at arma altar with arma items or zammy altar with zammy items)