The issues with Jagex proposed trading system

Duke_Freedom

Your articles are always a good read, Duke_Freedom, and I am glad you head back to guide us through this turmoil time. Can you also elaborate on tweaks necessary for the other updates to make them viable?

I try to avoid discussions about the pking / dueling changes as they are generally rather heated, plus I'm completely ignorant about pking anyway - never really participated in it. ;)

One other problem that seems easy to solve is the sharing of rare boss monster drops that people fight with a team. Various good solutions to that have already been discussed.

However, the solution I see is that Jagex could allow rare drops to be 'divided' in parts. For example: where people would originally drop one complete dragon chain (which only one person would get) when they fought the KQ with a group of 5 people, they would now each get two 1/10th parts of a dragon chain. Jagex could then reintroduce Thrander (yeah! :P) to reassemble ten 1/10th parts of a dragon chain into a full dragon chain. A rather straight forward solution. Each 1/10th part would be stackable and people would obviously be able to sell them individually on the Grand Exchange.

I try to avoid discussions about the pking / dueling changes as they are generally rather heated, plus I'm completely ignorant about pking anyway - never really participated in it. ;)

I wish other people who also know nothing about pking would likewise refrain from hysterically ranting "goobye to all pkers, you were the worst of Rs anyway."

One other problem that seems easy to solve is the sharing of rare boss monster drops that people fight with a team. Various good solutions to that have already been discussed.

They thought up Lootshare and never realized it wouldn't work. My confidence in Jagex has been greatly shaken by the latest updates.

However, the solution I see is that Jagex could allow rare drops to be 'divided' in parts. For example: where people would originally drop one complete dragon chain (which only one person would get) when they fought the KQ with a group of 5 people, they would now each get two 1/10th parts of a dragon chain. Jagex could then reintroduce Thrander (yeah! :P) to reassemble ten 1/10th parts of a dragon chain into a full dragon chain. A rather straight forward solution. Each 1/10th part would be stackable and people would obviously be able to sell them individually on the Grand Exchange.

Yes, I have seen similar ideas. Let us hope Jagex will allow us to share drops this way.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=723933

As can be read there, the new item issue has been solved the only way it could: by allowing new items to temporarly be traded without price limitations.

Instead of removing price floors Jagex seems to be going to implement even more price floors. Unlike what they claimed at first, the Grand Exchange is not going to be purely player based, and Jagex is more or less simply going to manipulate prices themself as they see fit.

They are planning to enhance transparency by bringing out more information, graphs, etc over time, which is a plus.