Who have YOU lost due to the recent updates?

tazo6114

I don't know if there is a thread like this already here, but I'm not about to look through them all to find out.

This is a thread where you can just say who, or how many friends you have had quit runescape because of the recent updates, and reminisce about why they were such good mates.

I for one, have lost at least 2 really good friends in game, Diescammers8 and I Kot1c I.

Both of which quit for different reasons. Die because of the trading and Kot for the pking. It just won't be the same without them logging back on, I just hope pking is brought back to what it was so Kot rejoins runescape after I had months of convincing him to stay (he wanted to quit because of the disrespect other people showed him during castle wars and pest control).

The end of two eras, both of which were great and will be sorely missed.

Both these people meant a lot to me in game, and when I found out they were quitting, I figured I would probably quit at the end of this summer as well, but I'm still undecided....

tazo6114.png

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one. :D

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I can't really answer this question.

Most of my friends list is PK'ers, usually at any on time there are at least 15-30 people on my list who I met in the wild.

usually at this time around 15.. right now I have 1 person online.

But most of my list as I say were PKers, as PK'ers were most effected (so far obviously everyone will be soon). it will not be representative.

Deep_pain.gif

Co-Founder of KoA over 18's clan. Founded 2002. An RS clan for adults only.

Now Recruiting

Lost the remaining friends I had, there's like nobody online.

I was planning to merchant in the near future, trying to find witty new methods to alch things or make a profit with the weird GE prices... I can still try doing this until Jan 1, but then it's all gone for good..

I wanted to try making a staker, just to see if I could do it... Oh well, atleast the duel arena still exists and I can make a pure for BH instead..

2480+ total

Man, Bounty Hunter isnt worth it without a clan. Go check the scoreboard, best ive seen is 80 points to the best hunter, and in that same world 600points to the rogues.

I'm sorry to hear that your one of the unfortunates who lost almost all their friends.

My Clan Chat is open to everyone who needs a friend =)

(friends list is pretty full, and I don't plan on getting members any more for the extra friend space)

tazo6114.png

I haven't lost anyone yet. Everyone on my friends list that I've spoken with are really pleased with the update.

My impression is that a small minority are making a lot of noise. That minority doesn't seem to include any of my friends thankfully.

Most of them were sick of competing with bots for stuff like yew logs, and most were even more annoyed at not being able to sell their products at a reasonable price thanks to item flooding from gold farmers.

I haven't spoken to all of my friends yet, so I'm sure some will be annoyed lol

Harrington.gif

But as for me, I just can't put my finger on it. I wasn't much of a PKer but I did enjoy it, and it just seems so empty now.

Yeah, same here. My mate I kot1c I was a pker though, and I used to go out with him cause he needed my 70def to take hits, which I did gladly so he could be there to deal the greater damage safely. Sadly, those days are gone :boohoo:

You don't realise how much you want/miss/care about something until it isn't there.

tazo6114.png

All I have now are my memories and my huge video library of Player-Killing videos ( :lol: )

On a serious note though, I'm optimistic that they will make tweaks to the new system/add stuff, several JMods have told me there will be a 1v1 area, and CLW will be developed for serious clans, but it won't ever be the same.

In a way, I feel guilty for many reasons. I think the thing is when I realised that I no longer love the game (I get very sentimental about such things :oops: )

So if I'm truthful, the biggest loss for me is admitting it's time to move on, and this update was only a small part of my decision.

Jonni, everyone has to move on eventually, however hard it may be. Personally, I doubt I will be on much after February (starting year 12) althoguh what I don't like seeing is that people are making the decision to leave BECAUSE of the updates, instead of because its time for them to move on.

tazo6114.png

I haven't lost anyone yet. Everyone on my friends list that I've spoken with are really pleased with the update.

My impression is that a small minority are making a lot of noise. That minority doesn't seem to include any of my friends thankfully.

Most of them were sick of competing with bots for stuff like yew logs, and most were even more annoyed at not being able to sell their products at a reasonable price thanks to item flooding from gold farmers.

I haven't spoken to all of my friends yet, so I'm sure some will be annoyed lol

As a PKer I have to agree, but they have been to clever not to introduce all of these updates at once.

They knew that not too many people would complain when they limited duels to 3k, because not many people are duellers

They knew that when they eliminated solo PKing that only a small percentage (40k+ replies to the update thread on RSOF) would complain.

They knew that only merch's would complain about the G.E update.

Put those 3 groups together and it is more than a small minority, people who have played the game for many years have just had the game they play taken away from them. Of course if you play the game a certain way, your friends list is likely to be representative of the way you play, which is why I said that my friends list is unlikely to be representative because I'm a PKer.

I don't see how the 3 groups together can be called " a small minority making a lot of noise"

The January update is the one that is likely to affec the largest group.

I probably wont quit as I do other stuff occasionally other than PK, but I spend 80% of my time in the wild and that is not a huge amount as if I'd play a lot, 6 years even in the wild would be all 99 combat stats if I'd played just 1 or 2 hours a day, my relatively small amount of time on RS will however drop, to such an extent where I am questioning the point of being a subscriber.

Deep_pain.gif

Co-Founder of KoA over 18's clan. Founded 2002. An RS clan for adults only.

Now Recruiting

well, i left Rs and i know a lot of people on my list did. I'm still active on forums and IRC, but at the moment my channel has only me and one other person in it. usually around this time it would have about 20 people in. Tipit seems busy as ever thankfully, but time will tell as to how many people will stay.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif