BOTS HAVE FOUND A LOOP HOLE!! (HELP!)

Bradley_006

The title is infact correct, posted on a bot site is info that bots have only JUST realised a loop hole using the Grand Exchange to trade gold to other players.

It requires the other player to already have gold though.

1) The buyer of gold puts Eg. 500k Feathers on the Grand Exchange at maximum price. The bot then buys them all at maximum price. (No one else tries to sell at maximum price and so the buyer makes money) This can be done with ANY item.

2) Bots are coming back as we speak, my friend has noticed two bots at willows and one is fishing shrimp.

3) Someone please tell JaGeX this who is a member, i am not a member they don't listen to F2P-ers lol =|

I have no idea how successful this will be, but they are attempting it.

Hope it doesn't work and they move on to another game.

Discuss.

picture6sd6.jpg

It won't work, who's to say the bot doesn't buy someone elses feathers?

Just to mess with these noobs i'm gonna go buy some feathers and put them in ge at max price now.

It could perhaps work once or twice, but once this is well known about it will be totally useless.

keeping in mind that for this to work, the person buying the gold not only needs to pay money for the gold, but also has to get the materials to sell, which will either cost them money to get, or a lot of time to get (in your example of 500k feathers)

tazo6114.png

I suggest we ban every single account and stop account creation, that way it's impossible to break rules right? *Looks at thread from a few weeks ago where someone said they may as well take out PKing out next* On the other hand, forget I ever said that Jagex.

Without destroying the trade system completely, I seriously can't think of anything Jagex can do about this. Maybe they've wasted their ~6 year old game for nothing? That'd be quite sad if that were the case. It's pretty pathetic people are still trying to RWT though, after seeing the extent Jagex will go to even to make a dint in their efforts. Hell, sometimes it seems Jagex will take their own game down just to go down with RWT's. I've never complained about their decisions, but this whole occurrence is just plain disturbing.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I doubt this will work.

The price controls mean that any item locked at its highest price has a list of waiting sellers. As soon as the item is offered to buy at that price, the existing sellers will sell it.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

There is an even bigger loophole. Now that bots can't transfer GP, they will start powerleveling accounts by either farming low level NPCs like Rock Crabs, or using bots to kill those monsters. (probably the latter, seeing as you can run several bots per computer.) They will also make gp by doing this, and then put the account up for sale, advertising a high level account with money to buy skills. This is potentially worse than the gold transferring problem.

td2sig.jpg

Now that bots can't transfer GP, they will start powerleveling accounts [...] They will also make gp by doing this, and then put the account up for sale, advertising a high level account with money to buy skills.

We know that Jagex bans bots, albeit slowly. The problem has always been that the botters kept coming back on new accounts, transferring the wealth to other accounts so that they didn't lose anything when their botted accounts were banned. Jagex would need to ban them before they could transfer their wealth, and they couldn't do it fast enough.

Now that the botters can't pass the items to other accounts, Jagex can take their sweet time banning the accounts, and the items will be lost along with the XP when they do it.

How many people would pay real cash for an account that might have been botted for a week, knowing that it's had a dodgy history that might lead to it being banned at any moment? It's not a safe deal.

You seem to forget about player owned house treasure chests...

Don't know if it already got fixed

Cheaters already thought of this, but Jagex was one step ahead of them. The max you can put into the chest is like 1.5k or something IIRC.

best-guide-ever.jpg

There are still vague possibilities, but much slower and less appealing then before the update. I am sure Jagex is thinking up new ways to monitor training for account sales, or something along those lines. Until then, report the bots.. :?

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

keeping in mind that for this to work, the person buying the gold not only needs to pay money for the gold, but also has to get the materials to sell, which will either cost them money to get, or a lot of time to get (in your example of 500k feathers)

I was going to say the same thing. Also theres no way to be sureyou're buying from the bot.

Some 'loophole'...

Plugpoint92 ::'

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13