Easy way to RWT? Nice try, Jagex? :P

M6c_Magnum

I was thinking earlier about how successfully the new updates could stop RWT and I was thinking:

one of the only ways left to transfer over 3k in items from one player to another is through Bounty Hunter, right?

When a person dies in Bounty Hunter, they lose all of the items they would normally, right?

So, couldn't this happen:

Buyer wants to buy 1.5mil GP or so...

Buyer and Seller meet in a non-crowded world at a non-crowded time of day at a Bounty Hunter with not too many people.

Seller banks all items except an Abyssal Whip

Buyer banks all items except a DDS or similar weapon

Buyer and Seller go into Bounty Hunter

Seller puts on prayer "Protect Item" until the Buyer and Seller find each other.

Then, Buyer attacks the Seller and right before death, Seller takes off "Protect Item" and dies.

Then, buyer grabs the whip, and since he is now declared a rogue and has no item-protection, he simply logs off...

Wouldn't that be almost a guarenteed way to transfer 1.5mil?

And even if it was only 50% successful, since the standard price of a million GP is apparently tons more than it used to be, the Seller could always redo the transaction until it is successful?

oversized.jpg[/bads]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except for the fact that being a rogue keeps you logged in for three minutes, this would be a perfect plan.

Also, this is far too convoluted to make it worthwhile to many. To successfully remove RWT, you don't have to make it impossible, just unprofitable. These guys can make a lot more money on other games than RS now, so they've all gone.

From what I can tell, the only ones left don't do it to make money. They do it for the challenge of 'beating the system'.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

They could survive if they had a bunch of sara brews, they boost hp and def, very hard to kill someone using them...

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

Hmmm, this is also another idea:

If there was like a team of RWTer Sellers, they could group up and all take a whip into the Bounty Hunter, then the Buyer could join in and the chances of the Buyer having to kill one of the RWTer teamers would be pretty high especially on a smaller world...

Then he wouldn't be a rogue and could use his own Protect Item to protect the whip if he does get targetted from an outside player...

Note, too, the RWTer team of sellers could also be 1 dude with a few accounts

PLUS, living for 3 minutes on a non crowded world, with sara brews, food, etc, etc doesn't seem impossible or even very hard...

oversized.jpg[/bads]

Also, this is far too convoluted to make it worthwhile to many. To successfully remove RWT, you don't have to make it impossible, just unprofitable. These guys can make a lot more money on other games than RS now, so they've all gone.

Yep.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

There is also the restriction of needing to be able to wield any weapon you take into the BH game. Needing an Attack of 70 for the whip (to use your example) would mean no low level sellers.

BH games also have a minimum number of players of 10, so the chances of outside interference are higher.

Possible? Yes, marginally. Likely? Not very.

2009 Member Goals: Undetermined

They could survive if they had a bunch of sara brews, they boost hp and def, very hard to kill someone using them...

The point being? Those things cost gold, time and effort. It's simply not worth it for Real World Traders any more.

You can think of many convoluted ways to trade money like the ones mentioned here, but ultimately it's not going to happen. As I've already said, it's far easier for autoers and gold farmers to make their money elsewhere, so elsewhere they shall go.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

It's not worth their time. Thus it's not a viable option.

Seems like a million GP of gold would be selling over $30 at the moment... I saw someone post on TS about how sites are now selling 3-15k gp for (over) the old price of a million...

Even if it takes an hour for 1 transaction, that's a pretty good deal for the RWTer selller... $10-30/hour playing a game.. wish I made that with the same level of fun :P

oversized.jpg[/bads]

Hmmm, this is also another idea:

If there was like a team of RWTer Sellers, they could group up and all take a whip into the Bounty Hunter, then the Buyer could join in and the chances of the Buyer having to kill one of the RWTer teamers would be pretty high especially on a smaller world...

Then he wouldn't be a rogue and could use his own Protect Item to protect the whip if he does get targetted from an outside player...

Note, too, the RWTer team of sellers could also be 1 dude with a few accounts

PLUS, living for 3 minutes on a non crowded world, with sara brews, food, etc, etc doesn't seem impossible or even very hard...

How many real world traders are going to actively work together for one customer? Not to mention that they would actually have to build up the combat level of the character and any poor sod of a trader that has more than one account has to level their combat level up simultaneously.

That's far more time consuming than levelling up one skill (If you take into account that those characters would probably be melee combatants). It would be very ineffective and very unprofitable for a real world trader to do so.

In any case, there is going to be the 'chance' that the buyer can get attacked in Bounty Hunter, losing his items. In fact, a reasonably high chance at that. Will they risk it? Only time will tell I guess, but I for one certainly hope that my team meets them in bounty Hunter :)

There will always be 10 (min) in Bounty Hunter, with someone after you. If the buyer is lucky, it will be only the seller with the buyer on his hit list, or better yet the buyer has the seller as his target. If that happened, then sure it would work. they could both keep hopping in/out until the buyer had the seller as his target.

This would require both parties to be withing the required combat levels, and also meant the seller could only drop high value pking gear, godswords, 3rd age, ranger sets. One error could mean 200M+ gone in items to a lucky pker/team.

A single opponant in BH is no match for a 5-10+ team, no matter how many sara brews he has.

As someone mentioned before, why try and think of ways that RWT'ers could trade? Jagex spent a TON of time figuring out every possible way, and they've stopped it all. Sure, there are still ways, but they are way to complicated for any RWT to make decent money out of.

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

From what I can tell, the only ones left don't do it to make money. They do it for the challenge of 'beating the system'.

And once they do, since the pkers can hardly be affected, you skillers are going to be the next to get mad at Jagex, trust me.

:| Personally, I wouldn't discuss this. By stating and discussing ways to get around the rules now, you are doing 1 of 2 things.

Giving the RWT who are looking for new ways to do do their jobs ideas.

And secondly are putting yourself at risk of being suspects if it ever happens.

Good job.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I just don't see RWT'ers going to that much trouble. It is possible though for regular players.

For example, a clan wants to give a set of guthans to someone in their clan. They can try going to an empty server in a big group to transfer it through BH. There is some risk but since they are a clan, they can probably do it.

Also, this is far too convoluted to make it worthwhile to many. To successfully remove RWT, you don't have to make it impossible, just unprofitable. These guys can make a lot more money on other games than RS now, so they've all gone.'

Enough said.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

Well, there are communities dedicated to the buying and selling of gold, so if these people were to band together and make a team on a specific world, they could just take the world over when they want.

Also, on worlds where there arent many people or none at all that are the the BH area, this 'team' is able to enter. I think it only takes 10 people to start a 'BH game'. they go in, protect just to make sure that no one comes in to disrupt, and the trade is complete. easy as that. there are plenty of world that are empty.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

Well, there are communities dedicated to the buying and selling of gold, so if these people were to band together and make a team on a specific world, they could just take the world over when they want.

Oh come on, don't give them ideas! LOL I guess they are smart enough to think of ways around the update by themselves though. It makes me queasy to think they might remove pk altogether if even BH fails to stop RWT.

Also, on worlds where there arent many people or none at all that are the the BH area, this 'team' is able to enter. I think it only takes 10 people to start a 'BH game'. they go in, protect just to make sure that no one comes in to disrupt, and the trade is complete. easy as that. there are plenty of world that are empty.

...Did you forget that you can't take anything except combat-related equipment into Bounty Hunter?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.