revenants

karlpetter

So I was doing a clue scroll with a coordinate. Guess where I had to go...

Just west of agility arena. I had struggled with this clue a very long time and finally I got to the highest point in the wilderness without getting disturbed by any revenants. I killed the zammy wizard, and started running down.

then it happened...

I didn't even see the revenant. He froze me, I started dropping other stuff like crazy. He did a 26 hit, then a 30 hit (i have 77hp as max, but i had no food left) I didn't have the time to drop everything. i died... i miss that clue scroll.

All the time I put into it. It might have been something good too. I'll never know...

I'm probably gonna quit runescape now. Jagex have ruined everything. Pk was bad enough, even though i don't PK. but now they have made something i really enjoy so viciously hard that its not even fun anymore.

you cannot even afford to do ONE mistake in wildy. *sigh*

I really loved doing treasure trails. Why are Jahex ruining everything? they didn't even HAVE to put revenants into the wilderness.

what are your stories/opinions?

karlpetter.gif

I agree. It's bad enough revanents can freeze and teleblock on a F2P server where all we have is rune. But from what I'm hearing lots of members are getting killed by revenents lower than them. Also revanents can eat 'food', which is an even bigger pain... I would either never go to Wildy again until Jagex fixes what they screwed up. Or get your tomestone thingy and hope you don't get another revanent when you try to get your stuff back...

Although I do think that the renevants were a good idea in principle(Monsters that attack RWT's, saving pk'er a job), in practise it's completely stupid. I went into the wildy to test out the idea... and got flattened. Putting ghosts in the wildy, somewhat like putting the Dark Wizard near the Draynor willows, was a good idea. Giving them the ability to damn freeze you is not. They can do 30's! Any kind of dragon, or demon trainer would be quite annoyed to find that while they were momentarily AFK they got frozen, killed and given a chance to admire their new gravestone.

On it's own, it's really annoying, having monsters converging on you all the time, but to give them the ability to freeze? That's like making Lumbridge or Falador part of the wilderness. Completely unavoidable death, unless you have an unlimited supply of sharks and p pots.

SELF-SUFFICIENT AND PROUD OF IT:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=5392583#5392583

I'm F2P and an 85 miner. I'm not going all the way into level 40-odd wilderness, only to world-hop for a VERY long time, get 28 runite ores... and then have all but two of them taken away by a ghost that freezes and hits higher than I can. Even if I was P2P I'm assuming Heroes Guild rocks are busier than ever for the same reason.

I've been standing up for Jagex recently, but the reventants and the inability to lend your friends loads of money are pretty much the only things I despise about the update (I'm neither a PKer nor a merchanter so it hasn't affected me as much as others)

I think that your drops should only be accessible to you if dropped in the wilderness, with others only being able to access them in Bounty Hunter, Clan Wars and whatever else they're bringing out. That'd pretty much diminish the need for revenants. As for unbalanced trades, well, I can understand that, as little as I like it.

Plugpoint92 ::'

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

yeah, revents are way over powered for F2P, In perfect conditions (99 str, rune 2 hander, str ammy, prayer, and str potion) a F2P has a max hit of 33, yet for a revrent can hit 20-30 easily, not to mention freeze and heal. Making the revrents wasn't a bad idea, they just need place in a corner of a dungen that player can go to if the WANT to fight these creatures instead of putting them in the middle of the wild where they can kill players with ease.

On top of all this they have teleblock, they can heal, they can freeze you, and they can attack from a distace. This doesn't melee a chance at all. if your a melee and you get froze you can't attack the revrant. Mean while the revrant hits you for 20-30 damage so you scarf down all your food and if you do escape now you in the middle of the wild with no food, of course thats only if you escape. The revrants need moved!

Only those who have embraced the power of darkness will respect me.

Only those who are lead by forces of heaven will stand against me.

But all will fear me.

Toning them down a bit (especially on freeplay) isn't such a bad idea. Of course, they were made to replace PKers, but something that can hit constantly high with really decent armor is over the top.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Obviously you failed to find out how you should actually survive these things and how they attack and such etc. Prayer could have saved you back there, but you failed to use it to help yourself. Now start bringing armor for yourself after you find out what to actually do in event of an revenant encounter. :|

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Revenants are made to replace pkers, going to lvl 55 wild for a scroll was very dangerous when the Wild was PVP, all Jagex tried to do was to make it equally dangerous with the removal of PKers.

I'm not against toning them down for f2p, but as far as I'm concerned (I haven't met one myself), they are a good replacement for pkers, especially if you're running around naked in lvl 55 wild.

grammar2gr8dx.png

Noob.

Lets get some things straight, RC pking is BAD, therefore you deserve to get FLAMED. Bad kills, they are defenseless people. It's like attacking a woodcutter for a yew log...

Obviously you failed to find out how you should actually survive these things and how they attack and such etc. Prayer could have saved you back there, but you failed to use it to help yourself. Now start bringing armor for yourself after you find out what to actually do in event of an revenant encounter. :|

To be honest I actually used protect from magic, but getting frozen doesnt seem to get protected. Plus, I didn't even see a yellow dot on the map when he started attacking me, and when I turned on protect from magic he ranged me.

As I said before I might have made some small mistakes but that isn't supposed to kill you! Revenants don't even let you do ONE single mistake whatsoever!

karlpetter.gif

Revenants are made to replace pkers, going to lvl 55 wild for a scroll was very dangerous when the Wild was PVP, all Jagex tried to do was to make it equally dangerous with the removal of PKers.

I'm not against toning them down for f2p, but as far as I'm concerned (I haven't met one myself), they are a good replacement for pkers, especially if you're running around naked in lvl 55 wild.

Definetly not good replacement, pkers were very rare in the top of wildy, and they allowed you to atleast log out when you saw them on the map. As I stated before I didn't even see him on the map before he attacked me, and as replacements for pkers its extremely overpowered, it sucks.

also pkers dont teleblock you, freeze you, poison you and do what-not to you in just a few hits.

karlpetter.gif

All of this talk of revenants make me pray for the old wilderness. This is coming from someone who hated to be pjed at the green dragons, but at least I knew where I stood.

I even had a shot at survival, but these guys just seem too ruthless and common.

Back a few weeks ago, you could go to a semi-empty world and do level 3 clues without too much worry. Now I just may drop clues that take me to that dark place. I believe it is going to leave the wilderness more deserted than ever.

felter_laur.png

Now this isn't only about clue scrolls, dont forget the good 'ole ghostly robes, that many havent gotten yet. I seem to remember that you had to venture very far into the wilderness, and have a very long dialouge with each character. I'm lucky that I have already completed it, its gonna be impossible, specially if you don't want to miss the story by rapidly clicking the mouse button.

karlpetter.gif

Now this isn't only about clue scrolls, dont forget the good 'ole ghostly robes, that many havent gotten yet. I seem to remember that you had to venture very far into the wilderness, and have a very long dialouge with each character. I'm lucky that I have already completed it, its gonna be impossible, specially if you don't want to miss the story by rapidly clicking the mouse button.

This is a good point. I also have neglected ghost robes. Now I am not sure it is worth the risk.

I also guess that the ape atoll is the only place for me to train agility now. :x

felter_laur.png

In the 3 years I have been playing I was killed only two times by pk'ers when I was on a clue scroll in the wild. I was killed twice in one week since they put the revs there. I went there after that to see how I could fight/run from them in an efficient way. There is none. RUN RUN RUN is all I can say and hope they fall behind. I had dressed thinking protect from mage and used range prayer. Full load of potatoes. I got him down to 1/3 hit points and he healed almost to full as I was eating the last of my food. I ran. I had to. I would say soloing these is NOT impossible but you need a group in muti attack area to be efficient. But hey, it's the wild and we got gravestones. And it seems they disappear after they kill you.

Actually i don't really see why, they put revenants in for obvious reasons, if they did not put them, wilderness would be a walk in the park, zero danger as long as you know where your going, now what part of that is fearsome eh?

Besides, since there is no longer pkers you can take whatever gear you wish, and so since revenants unlike players they won't do constant freezing on you, you can easily escape.

(Though in my case i just kill them)

I don't get the p2p people who get killed by revenants. I was in the same area (running wilderness agility course) and got attacked by three revenants. I survived on 2 trout and a dds. Lots of people tell stories of them constantly teleblocking and barraging for 30; it's more like they splat on you 95% of the time and have almost nonexistent melee attacks. Seriously, I don't get what the big deal is, they're on average weaker than moss giants.

This is a good point. I also have neglected ghost robes. Now I am not sure it is worth the risk.

I also guess that the ape atoll is the only place for me to train agility now. :x

It's not impossible with revenants in the wildy. I did it yesterday. Except it's EXTREMELY HARD with all those revenants around the lava maze. I got attacked by two werewolves (SP) died to one, then after i got the part from the ghost there, i had to use almost all my food and prayer to escaped a revenant. I dislike them.

Pretty much done with rs now

just happened to me 5 mins ago got like my 4th clue coodinates in willdy so i assume its the zammy mage so i bring all my stuff and go to the area im right it is the zammy mage and guess what?

a revenant steals me from the mage and kills me...... :cry: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh: #-o

well done jagex your just wonderful.... <.<

To be honest I actually used protect from magic, but getting frozen doesnt seem to get protected. Plus, I didn't even see a yellow dot on the map when he started attacking me, and when I turned on protect from magic he ranged me.

As I said before I might have made some small mistakes but that isn't supposed to kill you! Revenants don't even let you do ONE single mistake whatsoever!

The attack that freezes you is range based :-w

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I don't get the p2p people who get killed by revenants. I was in the same area (running wilderness agility course) and got attacked by three revenants. I survived on 2 trout and a dds. Lots of people tell stories of them constantly teleblocking and barraging for 30; it's more like they splat on you 95% of the time and have almost nonexistent melee attacks. Seriously, I don't get what the big deal is, they're on average weaker than moss giants.

I'm level 100, full karils and a whip and ddp++, I used Protect from Mage and I was still constantly barraged with 20+ hits.. the revenant literally wittled away my health to the point that I couldn't stop eating sharks without dying. It was level 87 as well. They are not as strong as a moss giant.. with that setup I could kill 100+ moss giants easy.

siggy.jpg

^Click Siggy for Blog^