Do i have a right to attack someone breaking into my house?

mixand

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just give em some sweet chin music...or a tombstone..

Yea like the robber would give you time to tune up the band or signal the end.

I live in Singapore and I think I've read that someone got killed by a robber in their own house. And the robber didnt use a gun, just pure knife stabbing.

And if someone breaks in to your house, watching those wrestling shows also pay off. Nothing like scaring a robber by no-selling their attacks :shock:

But I'd say just throw anything bigger than you at the robber.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Smash a person's window, cut your hand on the shards and then sue the home-owner for the injuries you sustained while attempting to rob their house. I'd put money on you winning the case.

It's that kind of [cabbage] that gives criminals the upper hand most of the time in the courts where a home-owner has fought back against getting robbed.

Watching those wrestling shows also pay off. Nothing like scaring a robber by no-selling their attacks :shock:

But I'd say just throw anything bigger than you at the robber.

wresling.gif

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

I don't remember which, but some southern state in the USA allows you to shoot someone just for standing on your front porch. Now THAT'S a safe state.

Or a very sick one :? Not everyone standing on your front porch has bad intentions either... You could kill the mailman if he's attempting to deliver something when you're in a bad mood, and get away with it?

And one would think the violent, angry "southern idiot/hillbilly" is just a stereotypized joke like in Borat..

In the UK, there are a lot of lies put about by the conservative media concerning what you can and can't do. If you feel threatened, then you can use appropriate force to defend yourself.

This means that you can hit someone first, you can hit someone in the back, you can use lethal force, etc.etc. as long as it seems appropriate to you to defend yourself. Juries are pretty open-minded in deciding what is "appropriate to you", and they will take into account your emotional state at the time.

What you can't do (like that farmer that got charged for killing a burglar) is to shoot someone in the back when they're running away from your property. That's not in self-defence. There was also a case where a guy disabled a robber, and then decided to set him on fire. Obviously that's also not self-defence.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

Well, once a guy robbed into my house. Well, broke into..

And i was listening to Queen, and i heard 'CRASH' in my aunts room ,and i was like 'wtf?'

Then i heard someone going '[cabbage]..' and i just took my baseball bat (lol, over reacting ftw) and he took out his pistol and went like 'DONT MOVE!!!' and i was like 'oh boy this can't end up good...'

Well, then he made the rookie mistake and looked behind him, which was my opportunity. I swinged my bat at his arm, then following with bash to his ribs. Then i called 911 (well, the 1 that is 911 in finland, which is 112).

Then after cops questioned me and such, i found out that i had broke his entire right arm up to his elbow, and 1 rib bone. In the court i got accused of 'overuse of strenght' or something lol, but my lawyer was The Own lol, and i got out of it, because my situation was 'Death or self protection' :P

I concider myself lucky with getting out of it so easily, but...

My conculsion is: Yes, you can attack them :D

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

It's up to the court to decide because there are so many different scenarios. In france, there was a report that stated people's "right to kill". Basically, you're aloud to ambush him from inside your room, but you chase after him if he runs. It's all about specific technicalities like that.

So depending on the situation, it is possible to escape prosecution for killing in self defense.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

In my opinion, if the person(s) is brave or mad enough to try and get into your own house, then you're free to show him the error of his ways. Just don't go overboard. If he's unarmed or has a knife, then just sneak up behind him, nudge him in the back of the head with a 12 Gauge, and ask in as calm a voice as possible, "What are you doing in this house?" That's most likely gonna produce a brown spot on his backside &/or a yellow puddle on the floor. \' :mrgreen: If it's a machete or something similar, you can "disarm" him as needed. If it's a gun, go "Scarface" on his [donkey], but DON'T kill. You can use sufficient force to send him to the ER, but only if the equipment he had was capable of lethal action. Aside from that, have fun. :XD: :thumbsup: ::'

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

What I would do would be, lock myself in a room, make loud footsteps and in a loud voice pretend that I'm calling the police to scare them. If not, grab a Cricket bat and hit him in the leg to make him fall over. Disarm him and call the police. That's what I would do. :)

On topic, yes you should be able to attack them if they are going to take your stuff and try to kill you.

Phaper_Plane.png

If he's unarmed or has a knife, then just sneak up behind him, nudge him in the back of the head with a 12 Gauge, and ask in as calm a voice as possible, "What are you doing in this house?"

There is no way I would get that close to him with a long barreled weapon. A guy that is good could move fast enough before you could react to disarm you. I'm staying on the opposite side of the room from the person if someone breaks in my place.

Ambassadar.png

I can hear people around the front of my house walking around but i was just curious if i would be able to defend my self against them if they come in ,like me threatening them with a knife or attacking them if they try and get near me. (im in Australia, nsw and i just turned 15 if that changes anything.
\

No. It's assault and he can have you charged and sue you later.

Our laws are pretty [cabbage].

You could argue self defence at best.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

No, actually, instead of being a man, I cower in a corner and let them steal all my monetary belongings.

Of course you can. Over here in America, if you're life is threatened, you can defend yourself.

asigthegodofsoupzz0.gif

The spelling and grammar of that email was that of an 11 year old palestinian goatboy who is speaking english for the first time
Quite simply, Facebook craps on Myspace. Then makes it eat the crap.

The way I understand it in the United States,if their on your property you can threten them and maybe fire warning shots. If they come into your house it really dosent matter if their thretining you or not (if they werent invited), you can shot them. If they hahve a knife you can shot to kill.

Now Austrailia might be more like canada. For Canada it must be self defence. Try to avoid a situation where you could be charged with 'assult with a deadly weapon' so a kitchen knife is not the best. Still, defend your house. I know if someone broke into my house id load and arm my air (pellet) rifle. And id be loading it with the pointy ammo, not the flat ones (lead poisioning possibility anyone?) and i'd feel free to fire if someone came at me with a knife.

The best idea is if you have a painball gun and they come in, go wild. Paintball guyns are not deadly weapons, they hurt (if like me you keep ammo in the fridge so it dosent deform), and you cna file aot of shots at multiple targets.

What I would do would be, lock myself in a room, make loud footsteps and in a loud voice pretend that I'm calling the police to scare them. If not, grab a Cricket bat and hit him in the leg to make him fall over. Disarm him and call the police. That's what I would do. :)

On topic, yes you should be able to attack them if they are going to take your stuff and try to kill you.

Nah, pretending to call some gangsta friends would seriously scare them, because they don't do rules. *Insert complicated gangland sign here*

Or you could, you know, call the police in the first place, not just pretend to?

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Ok, let's assume they're robbers.. The US, I think, is the only western country where you can get away with killing a person who comes on your property. That's quite sick, would I take a human life because of a $1k TV? Heck no, but if he was armed or had a knife, I would probably shoot the offender into the leg/arm, then call an ambulance & police.

But it's pretty scary, how especially a lot of americans, defend their right to kill a human who even enters their property.

this isn't a widely used, or defended right. The rule is if they attack you, you can fight back. But if they're just stealing your stuff, and run when you come, and you kill them, you'll go to jail

Even if they don't run, and keep stealing your stuff, it would be hard not to go to jail for killing them.

I don't like the way you're trying to make Americans seem brutal, and enjoy random killing.

snowsigyy7.png

Wise wan say 'Walk softly and carry a big stick'.

Key words when speaking to the police: Self Defense. Hell, in America people can own military-grade weapons legally, I don't think there are many limits on what we can't do to trespassers, especially if they threaten us. But if they have a gun, go throw a brick through your rich neighbor's window, and direct the police to your house when they arrive. ::'

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

Ok, let's assume they're robbers.. The US, I think, is the only western country where you can get away with killing a person who comes on your property. That's quite sick, would I take a human life because of a $1k TV? Heck no, but if he was armed or had a knife, I would probably shoot the offender into the leg/arm, then call an ambulance & police.

Yeah but what if its your family.

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

Yeah but what if its your family.

That, uh, that...that didn;t make any sense. If it was his family he definetely wouldn't shoot them...and if it were his family they would just come over to his house to use his stuff.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif