~~~How will/has the 138 CB cap affect/ed the game?~~~ =~)

n_odie

For all the people who may say that the title is wrong because there is no 138's yet, keep this in mind. The game has been changed to accommodate future players with this combat level. That can be discussed here.

Deciding that Summoning would add to a character's Combat level was quite easy, but there were repercussions for the rest of the game. Does this new Combat level affect Slayer assignments? What will this mean for Bounty Hunter, Clan Wars and the Duel Arena? How will future player-vs-player content be affected? How is Summoning balanced with combat? As you can imagine, balancing Summoning against all these factors is difficult. Some of the things it has led to include are 'No Summoning' duels, a Protect from Summoning prayer and the relative cost of the skill.

138fe9.png

As mentioned, this affects many aspects of the game. Anyone think of ways this can be useful or will it just be frustrating to have higher combat lv people walking around? I think it's a great idea for all the 126 players out there who would like a new combat challenge. :P

A great post by -Peronix-:

It IS possible that when you enter a f2p world your combat level will reflect only your f2p combat skills. So if you're 138 in members you'd show up as 126 in f2p...

As for the combat level change, I see no real pros or cons for it. I might have if the wilderness was still intact, but the number makes little difference now. They'll probably just throw the 127+ in the same high level arena in bounty hunter as the one we have now.

I don't see how there will be more beggars with the 138 cap... begging will have already been eliminated by the change in the trade system.

Pros so far~

Karamja dungeon dogs can't attack anymore :thumbsup: .

there will be a new high combat level to respect

no more thrower trolls at 138 cmb!!!!!!

this also means more single click attacks. Those abbys should now be left click to some.

If you have a high summoning level it will be much easier to kill all those high-level monsters!

I'm very excited about this, A new level for me to achieve and a new combat goal, I haven't had a combat goal since I finished Slayer so I can't wait :D

I never expected this... :shock: can't think of any cons, but a pro is that it's new goal for people to work for.

You will have a companion to talk to during the quiet times!

Cannon fodder for all those uncertain times ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ summon critter then run away :)

High possibility that summoning would help make getting a fire cape a lot easier

Since I can imagine the life runes, if used, can be made with Runecraft, it'd make Runecrafting a bit nicer for those people using it to make money for the first month.

New achievement cape!

More fun in members and easier ways to train skills!

Cons so far~

It would unbalance the overall game by allowing level 138 members into F2P world against level 126 players, although I guess the summoning aspects wouldn't be usable so in a sense it wouldn't actually affect combat. It would, at minimum, blurr the understanding about what someone's levels might actually be (e.g., level 100 F2P vs level 100 member).

If it is F2P, it'll be equally as hard as prayer (or more so) to level.

2. It changes Purepure4774 Combat goals... jk really good post on pg 3 by him and EugenyG. Thanks

Those of us who like Bounty Hunter will have to sacrifice training summoning to stay within a certain cave level.

It might cost ALOT of money. and they said it could cause the game to get laggy at some points,

imagine world 2 falador, but with people summoning.

OH GOD :wall:

More people saying "Do emote pls!"

More F2P Riots about having this update on their worlds

List of monsters that will no longer be Agressive: \:D/

Here's a list of things that will no longer be agressive at 138 comb coming from 126. I tried not to include things that are already agressive or are always agressive, only ones I'm not sure about is the PC monsters really.

68 - Catablepon

68 - Skeleton (SoS)

68 - Thrower troll

68 - Undead one (No more taking hits when leaving shilo, good for rc?)

67 - Defiler (I don't know if PC mosnters stop agressivness, probably not)

67 - Thrower troll

66 - Pernicious Parrot (Makes getting through karamja maz a tad easier)

66 - Torcher (Same deal as defiler)

65 - Splatter (Same deal as defiler)

64 - Catablepon (Makes Sos easier to go through)

64 - Jungle wolf (Makes legends forest area south of shilo safer)

64 - Poison spider (makes falling of agility obsticles in the dungeon near Yanille less dangerous)

64 - Wolf

64 - Crocodile (This might be a problem for melee slayers, the won't be agressive and won't come out of the river out for you)

63 - Ogre

63 - Shadow hound (This is abig one in my opinion, DT dungeon is going to be insane exp when killing all the skeletons without interruption.)

63 - Skeleton (Tarn's lair)

63- Wild dog (Wow this one is huge, especially for red dragons :D)

All these monsters will now be left-clickable :)

138 Animated Rune Armour

138 Glod

137 Aviansie -2-

137 Bouncer

137 Giant Rock Crab

136 Karamel

134 Spiritual Warrior -Bandos-

133 TzHaar-Xil

132 Confused Barbarian

132 Lost Barbarian

132 Skeleton Brute

132 Skeleton Heavy

132 Skeleton Thug

132 Skeleton Warlord

131 Aviansie -2-

131 Bronze Dragon

130 Gelatinnoth Mother

129 Zombie Monkey -2-

128 Brawler -4-

127 Hellhound -2-

127 Rock Lobster

127 Sir Lancelot

127 Spiritual Ranger -Armadyl-

Sorry, don't know if this was alreayd posted and yes, I did get this from the Tip.it Bestiary.

~N

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will open up a fourth room in Bounty Hunter, thats for sure.

Other than that, I don't see how large an effect it can have, seeing as there is no wilderness for pking anymore.

Certain clans will have to up the ante on joining levels etc.

Mats, if buyable, for summoning will be extremely expensive the first months, as the first hardcore players will be aiming for 99.

Another race will take place at the same time, between the overall 2277'ers. Seeing as the highest summoner of the maxed out players will be #1 in RS, and who doesn't want to beat zezima nowadays?

Just a side thought... will they move the stats in the stat menu so that summoning will be with all the other combat stats?

They probably will, but either way they are going to have to either make the skill pics smaller or add a scroll bar to the skill list. If they don't they would have to take away the total level bit :wall:

vansing.png

This will affect temp f2p members if the skill is p2p, which I expect. Ex-members will not be able to do BH well in f2p.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

will this mean f2p for summoning? or will max stay at 126 there?

Since they said it was related to hunter as the way smithing is to mining...

I would say its only trainable in p2p. And being able to summon in f2p worlds would make a huge rift in all F2p know. XD

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous

Since all combat skills are F2P, does anyone think this will be F2P as well? <.<

I think it will be members. If you go to yanille magic guild you can see into the pet shop. If it was F2P then it wouldn't be in yanille :?

vansing.png

lvl 126 was getting boring anyway.

seems like ill be a lvl 130, has a nice taste to it :)

And it sounds like they are going to make it a little more difficult to train so it should be a respectable 99. :D

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous

lvl 126 was getting boring anyway.

seems like ill be a lvl 130, has a nice taste to it :)

And it sounds like they are going to make it a little more difficult to train so it should be a respectable 99. :D

Yeah, not another skill like fletching or cooking \:D/

vansing.png

Other than that, I don't see how large an effect it can have, seeing as there is no wilderness for pking anymore.

Mats, if buyable, for summoning will be extremely expensive the first months, as the first hardcore players will be aiming for 99.

Another race will take place at the same time, between the overall 2277'ers. Seeing as the highest summoner of the maxed out players will be #1 in RS, and who doesn't want to beat zezima nowadays?

No? By the time summoning comes out the trade restrictions will be in place, and you won't be able to trade in excess of 3k in anyones favor. This means people like ME can't gather supplies and sell them to the skillers :roll:

W2G JaGeX!

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

No? By the time summoning comes out the trade restrictions will be in place, and you won't be able to trade in excess of 3k in anyones favor. This means people like ME can't gather supplies and sell them to the skillers :roll:

W2G JaGeX!

Umm, the Ge or Market is driven by supply and demand. Thus meaning that hunter will be expensive at first and then the whole market of Summoning wil slowly go down to reasonable price.

The market with any items that are releated to Summoning will go up so there will be infaltion. But none of the stuff where people are buying items for 10x the average price.

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous