Benoit4whc

Summoning F2P?

3 hit u is right as always.

also fook a ji stop complaining, if you want to experience summoning so bad then pay $5, you have no purpose on this game f2p garbage, your opinions dont even matter since you cant even support the game.

Cant support the game? are you [bleep]ing kidding me? Fook, like myself and lightning, merlin, jericho, raab and a lot of others are the players who you owe for even having this game to play moron, if we hadnt played it back in 2001 and supported it runescape would have never taken off, we played when there was half the skills, the graphics were blocky and p2p didnt exist.

We supported rs, we made suggestions to the gowers back on scapeboards before rs HAD forums.

If it wasnt for players like fook a ji rs would have died in the [wagon] back in 2001 and you would have a life.

So please go on and act oh so important, just remember without the original players your char, your servers, your precious p2p wouldnt even exist.

How many players are on a first name basis with all of the oldschool moderators including the founders of rs? fook is one of them, do they [bleep] him out for being f2p? no, so niether should you.

5$ is the price of a big mac meal, you act almighty for paying that?.

Guest Venomex

It is F2P, I am pretty sure about that. On the development diary it says, How will this affect Duel Arena, Clan Wars, and Bounty Hunters? All those minigames are F2P so it will most likely by F2P.

I may be wrong, but here are things that makes me think that it will be P2P :

- Pet shop is located in ... Yanille, near hunter store, A P2P town.

- Summoning is though to complete Hunting wich is ... P2P.

- Diary 3 :

You need some skills to be easy to train and some that are hard." Summoning leans more towards the hard end of the scale, but it's well worth the effort. Everyone will be able to get something out of it ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ whether that's the skillcape at level 99, cockatrices at level 43 or just pet dogs at level 1

Hard skill for skilled P2P, i can't explain, but all updates have driven players to skills so adding a new hard one is making it a better challenge. And tbh, high skill are more P2P parts of RS.

How would it be possible for F2P to summon a P2P beast (cockatrice) ?

Now, let we take it as it is : runescape business plan is built on membership + ads (for f2p players). What makes is so popular ? the fact that you can start a character in f2p in order to get familliar with the game... and become a member to benefit the hole gameset.

Like merchants, pkers pures and rwt macros/farmers, f2p skillers represent a deviation of the game.

Wow : i can see you starting to be nervous. I don't mean they are not good. They are the best players ever in my eyes (so much work in so poor conditions). I mean that f2p part of runescape is an appeal... for membership, not a goal. Here is the deviation. You can still skill f2p, it doesn't hurt the game at all.

I think f2p won't change in deap and won't get that skill.

Hope you won't flame me, i <3 f2p's and was one a long time.

Oh baby light the dark side...

We've had too much these past few months. JaGeX probably would like to make it f2p but they'd get ranted too much by the 'we pay for update' people.

Runescape player since 6th November, 2003

pen_chef.png

pen_chef.png

flubbersig.jpg

I think summoning will be a hybrid f2p/p2p skill, like runecrafting. F2P can use the basics, but only P2P can summon advanced stuff.

This will make F2P have a demo of P2P and entice membership, but also allow F2Pers to raise combat lvl. Probably an F2P could still get 99 summoning by using low level spells, it'll just take very long.

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

Max combat is 138 and it's P2P skill only, as I posted 3 weeks ago.

The problem is that it would make members chars weaker in f2p than f2p chars if it is purely p2p yet affects combat. I hope Jagex has taken this into consideration.

Take for example, two level 70s, one is members with summoning and the other is f2p. the f2p would have higher att str def hp and prayer, while the member level 70 would be stuck with useless summoning levels. The members guy would have his char ruined for player vs player in f2p, especially when the new single combat area is introduced. Pkers normally like to pk in both f2p and members. F2p is also good for BH since you spend a lot less. :P

I may be wrong, but here are things that makes me think that it will be P2P :

- Pet shop is located in ... Yanille, near hunter store, A P2P town.

- Summoning is though to complete Hunting wich is ... P2P.

- Diary 3 :

You need some skills to be easy to train and some that are hard." Summoning leans more towards the hard end of the scale, but it's well worth the effort. Everyone will be able to get something out of it ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ whether that's the skillcape at level 99, cockatrices at level 43 or just pet dogs at level 1

Hard skill for skilled P2P, i can't explain, but all updates have driven players to skills so adding a new hard one is making it a better challenge. And tbh, high skill are more P2P parts of RS.

How would it be possible for F2P to summon a P2P beast (cockatrice) ?

Now, let we take it as it is : runescape business plan is built on membership + ads (for f2p players). What makes is so popular ? the fact that you can start a character in f2p in order to get familliar with the game... and become a member to benefit the hole gameset.

Like merchants, pkers pures and rwt macros/farmers, f2p skillers represent a deviation of the game.

Wow : i can see you starting to be nervous. I don't mean they are not good. They are the best players ever in my eyes (so much work in so poor conditions). I mean that f2p part of runescape is an appeal... for membership, not a goal. Here is the deviation. You can still skill f2p, it doesn't hurt the game at all.

I think f2p won't change in deap and won't get that skill.

Hope you won't flame me, i <3 f2p's and was one a long time.

1. That the first shop was found in a members city not necessarily implies there won't be others.

2. If Hunter is to Summoning what Fletching is to Range wouldn't that make Range a P2P only skill? >_>

3. The skills are way harder to train in F2P.

4. Like i said before, either way F2P wins.

Something eated my sig.

The problem is that it would make members chars weaker in f2p than f2p chars if it is purely p2p yet affects combat. I hope Jagex has taken this into consideration.

Take for example, two level 70s, one is members with summoning and the other is f2p. the f2p would have higher att str def hp and prayer, while the member level 70 would be stuck with useless summoning levels. The members guy would have his char ruined for player vs player in f2p, especially when the new single combat area is introduced. Pkers normally like to pk in both f2p and members. F2p is also good for BH since you spend a lot less. :P

They could also make one's combat level appear using the old formula on F2P (though that would be rather confusing to some.)

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

SO if combat is linked to summoning, people who are skillers will not be interested in summoning?

Alex_Ewan 1.png

Goals achieved: lvl 99 Cooking, Fishing and Fletching.

Surrey CC and Liverpool FC fan for life!

SO if combat is linked to summoning, people who are skillers will not be interested in summoning?

No, I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t think so. Or you can't say all or majority of skillers wonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t be interested. I think people will interested in summoning for the simple fact that it is a new skill and something the can yield great reward. Wither you just want decent levels or 99 in all you can, you will be interest in summoning in some way. You may love it because of its combat. You may not like it because itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s another thing you have to worry about. You may only like it for its art concepts and creativeness but never try the skill because you may be going or attempting to do something else. Even if you just want to do mining, crafts and such you could still find summoning pretty interesting. A skiller does have to be just a person involved in smiting and stuff. A skiller can be any person who looks to prefect a skill and summoning is a skill so a skiller will be interested, just not all types or the ones you think.

Also to say F2P got a bunch of new updates is true. But so did members since they can still participate in these updates. But they were not for just to give F2P something because for F2P to complain about wanting Summoning too would be greedy. But the fact is those updates were to STOP RWT. This just happened to involve F2P getting new stuff. RWT can still function in a F2P world so they had to make these update, wither you like them or not, or find them fair. Now if these updates were to reward F2P for still playing and push them to P2P then F2P could be considered a little greedy if demanding this skill because Jagex just gave you Bounty Hunter, Duel, and some other stuff when you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t even pay.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

They could also make one's combat level appear using the old formula on F2P (though that would be rather confusing to some.)

I think its unlikely but yes that would fix the problem. This is all just speculation but I did post my concerns in the RSOF, hopefully they already thought of it themselves so summoning won't ruin f2p combat. I'd hate to see new "pures" in wild.

No, I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t think so. Or you can't say all or majority of skillers wonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t be interested. I think people will interested in summoning for the simple fact that it is a new skill and something the can yield great reward. Wither you just want decent levels or 99 in all you can, you will be interest in summoning in some way. You may love it because of its combat. You may not like it because itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s another thing you have to worry about. You may only like it for its art concepts and creativeness but never try the skill because you may be going or attempting to do something else. Even if you just want to do mining, crafts and such you could still find summoning pretty interesting. A skiller does have to be just a person involved in smiting and stuff. A skiller can be any person who looks to prefect a skill and summoning is a skill so a skiller will be interested, just not all types or the ones you think.

Also to say F2P got a bunch of new updates is true. But so did members since they can still participate in these updates. But they were not for just to give F2P something because for F2P to complain about wanting Summoning too would be greedy. But the fact is those updates were to STOP RWT. This just happened to involve F2P getting new stuff. RWT can still function in a F2P world so they had to make these update, wither you like them or not, or find them fair. Now if these updates were to reward F2P for still playing and push them to P2P then F2P could be considered a little greedy if demanding this skill because Jagex just gave you Bounty Hunter, Duel, and some other stuff when you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t even pay.

Thats is so true, PolarBearBlue! :)

Also, I think, Jagex made Duel Arena avaiable for F2p becuase they removed Wilderness and as many other players, Jagex knew that Bounty Hunter won't fully replace the old Wilderness and they are still working on PvP mini games and I think Summoning Mini-games will be one of the updates that will be a part of the "replacing Wilderness plan". This is also an argument to make Summoning F2p because many members enjoyed pking in F2p and most clans Pked in F2p so by making Summoning F2p these clans have more options of PvP. Even though I do not want Summoning to be F2p, there still are some good reasons to make it F2p and one of these is not to please the whining, the "I want updates" people but one of the reasons can be that making it F2p will please the Pkers which are a big part of RuneScape then again making it Members only can make the Pkers subscribe to members and "Voila", less whining Pures in F2p and more in P2p. :P

I agree, Jagex won't want to punish ex-members. Qeltar's solution is possible, but i see lots of glitches and confusion.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

I agree, Jagex won't want to punish ex-members. Qeltar's solution is possible, but i see lots of glitches and confusion.

Completely agree. summoning would definitely disadvantage members in f2p.

I would very much like summoning to be part f2p even though im a member.

I highly doubt that summoning will also be released f2p. The last 4 skills released are not available to f2p and I don't think Jagex is ever going to release big updates to f2p, ever.

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015

I know this is going to seem like spam, but this thread is giving me a headache.

felter_laur.png

I can see it being Free to Play.

After all I've never known a game to stop you becoming the maximum level because you don't pay.

wow

Care to elaborate?

Or do you just like to spam your post count up?

RobinHoodie.

http://www.battleon.com

http://www.dragonfable.com

http://www.mechquest.com

http://www.godsoftime.com

Yes you may say the first three are not multiplayer, however they do have multiplayers parts (wars, PvP)

Wow has a free 10 day trial in which the person using the trial can not progress past level 20.

Hopefully I shrunk your E-peen a little bit there sworddude.

I know this is going to seem like spam, but this thread is giving me a headache.

Are you sure it's not the hours you spend infront of the computer?

I get annoyed when there are 10+ threads about the same thing but this thread is pretty different from others, people are discussing if Summoning should be F2p or not and pros/cons of it being F2p unlike most other threads that are about F2p which almost always turn into flame wars and what you said is clearly just spam.

Well, I am at work right now. I spend all day in front of a computer.

felter_laur.png

I highly doubt that summoning will also be released f2p. The last 4 skills released are not available to f2p and I don't think Jagex is ever going to release big updates to f2p, ever.

??? More bank space and GE???

On the line of bank space. Maybe its for Summoning itmes for F2p.

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

more likely its going to be exclusively for P2p'ers. At the very best for F2p its going to be like a half and half. What I personally think is that they might try and relate summoning to a F2p skill as well as Hunter, thus F2p will be the backbone of the manuel labour due tp the lager quantity of F2p'ers (e.g. yew cutting for fletching).

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

??? More bank space and GE???

On the line of bank space. Maybe its for Summoning itmes for F2p.

Or for F2Pers who had bank accounts that wouldnt be usefull after the 3k trade limit.

<.< On topic...

Says it's related to hunter! This is like asking if Hunters is going to become part f2p?

EDIT: It says thinking actually so it may be a possibility. However, shop is in yanille. Which is in P2p. ::'

The core idea being that these summoned animals would do more than just fight for you. "We were also thinking Animal Lore would be to Hunter, what Smithing is to Mining," he continues - you'd either catch and train up animals or call them out of the wild to aid you.

thats just the animal lore, dont know with the rest of sommonening :wink:

could be teh animal lore is the shark of tt skill(refering to shark is member food in f2p skill cooking :) )

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

I can see it being Free to Play.

After all I've never known a game to stop you becoming the maximum level because you don't pay.

Heres a short list:

Star Sonata (only allowed to games level 20 if you dont pay)

Starport GE: (people who pay always have the combat advatage, but there are no levels in this game)

Darkspace (14 day trial, so max level is physicaly impossible)

Out of those 3 I only play starport.