Good at chess?/ Try this computer

StrOwez

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im unpredictable - therefore it took too long thinking after my second go - therefore i pressed the x at the top. i found the wait boring, patient people may like this though, too much waiting for me.

edit: i wonder who got the first post... :-k

im unpredictable - therefore it took too long thinking after my second go - therefore i pressed the x at the top. i found the wait boring, patient people may like this though, too much waiting for me.

Instead of worthlessly boasting about my "skill" in the face of a superior opponent by hiding the fact that I x'd out of the webpage two turns before I was going to lose *cough*, I'll simply state the fact that that thing completely obliterated me in less than thirty moves. Forced my king out of the back with the black queen, and pinned me in a matter of five moves >_>.

[Dacona- by second go, do you mean your second turn? If so, LOL. That's how the program works genius; it pretty much examines every possible move for the next ten turns (thus the neon lines and curvatures), and then decides a move to make for that turn in a matter of ten or so seconds. If you think ten to fifteen seconds is a long wait, I'm guessing you don't play chess much, do you?]

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Instead of worthlessly boasting about my "skill" in the face of a superior opponent by hiding the fact that I x'd out of the webpage two turns before I was going to lose *cough*, I'll simply state the fact that that thing completely obliterated me in less than thirty moves. Forced my king out of the back with the black queen, and pinned me in a matter of five moves >_>.

[Dacona- by second go, do you mean your second turn? If so, LOL. That's how the program works genius; it pretty much examines every possible move for the next ten turns (thus the neon lines and curvatures), and then decides a move to make for that turn in a matter of ten or so seconds. If you think ten to fifteen seconds is a long wait, I'm guessing you don't play chess much, do you?]

i meant second turn yes. i know how it works and that it predicts, me being unpredictable led it to take forever, which for me, was annoying - then again i was completly being random on where to move and not trying so it would be a bit harder to predict i assume.

i meant second turn yes. i know how it works and that it predicts, me being unpredictable led it to take forever, which for me, was annoying - then again i was completly being random on where to move and not trying so it would be a bit harder to predict i assume.

It is physically impossible for someone to be considered "unpredictable" on their second move, unless they did something stupid like uselessly sacrifice their queen, which would be considered more so as idiocy than anything else. There's also no way that the computer took more than twenty seconds to choose a move after your second one, so you're most likely either a) the most impatient person on the planet [who, if his standards hold for chess both off and on the computer, most likely has never completed a game in his life] or B) scared of losing and feeling the pains of ego deflation. It's most likely a combination of the two.

Seriously, play a full game; I'd like to see how far your "unpredictability" gets you, hotshot.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

There is no such thing as unpredictable in chess. There are only a limited amount of moves possible. Although, there are illogical moves which can place you in a better position.

I'm not sure if it's the game or me, but I cant make some of the moves that I want to.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

If anything, it's certainly pretty. I don't like the pieces though - it's trivial, but whenever I have to play with strange interpretations of pieces, I can't visualize anything. I just can't get a good grip on the position when I have quarter-circles for knights and triangles for bishops. :oops:

I enjoy watching it consider knight moves - it makes a very nice spiral shape. :D Overall a very interesting program, and it definitely makes me embarrassed for not living up to my username.

Somehow I lost a bishop without knowing it, lol. Guess you can't post and play at the same time, eh?

chesssigtexttipitlt0.jpg

Stunning signature created by the one and only My Boggy.

Just like Columbus he gets murderous on purpose

Rebdragon, lets just quit this alright - if we keep argueing we will end up getting this thread locked. i dont want to be the result of that.

i have played chess before, i dont play it often as,as you quite rightly said, im impatiant (sorry about the spelling).

many apologies for being impatiant people, sorry for not being perfect, but its not as if i can become perfect all of a sudden, when someone actually becomes perfect let me know what to do.

There is no such thing as unpredictable in cheese. There are only a limited amount of moves possible. Although, there are illogical moves which can place you in a better position.

I'm not sure if it's the game or me, but I cant make some of the moves that I want to.

hehe cheese.

On topic: I got absolutely hammered. Out of nowhere... It makes me want to play against some real people. Also. I have an absolutely kickass chess set, Gold plated pieces modelled like greek gods. Shame I hardly ever use it since my family are crap at chess and so are most of my friends.

Tk5SF.png

On topic: I got absolutely hammered. Out of nowhere... It makes me want to play against some real people. Also. I have an absolutely kickass chess set, Gold plated pieces modelled like greek gods. Shame I hardly ever use it since my family are crap at chess and so are most of my friends.

I know what you mean. I'm not bad at chess, but I haven't played in forever because my family absolutely sucks at it/don't even want to try. Which means that I would probably be destroyed in less than fifteen moves by the computer.

p2gq.jpg

chesswinpv2.png

You may bow before your master now.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Img.

its shooped. I can tell by the pixels.

No need to keep a live image if the same image is on the page it just means more loading, only quote an image if your trying to reflect on something on a previous page or just put it in a hide tab if you have to.

Kind of great chess machine but I still think the Chinese guys that play chess all day can beat it.

563rd to 99 mining on 15/08/07

99 Farming

No need to keep a live image if the same image is on the page it just means more loading, only quote an image if your trying to reflect on something on a previous page or just put it in a hide tab if you have to.
thanks mister mod!

I dunno, the pic looks pretty real to me.

Look its rob!

I was slightly intimidated by all the lines at first, but I got used to it. I'm alright at chess, but nobody but my dad knows how to play in my family, so I don't play much. I lasted a while...but as soon as he moved his queen I realized I was screwed. I at least lasted longer than dacona... :D

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/2047/chesswinpv2.png

Uh huh... Well I can tell you it isn't "shooped." I figured I'd be nice and give everyone only what they needed to see rather than give them the full 1280x800 screen I have (as seen below)

[hide]screen1uh3.png[/hide]

Or worse yet; I have my system set up to use two screens connected as one desktop. If I had taken a straight up screenshot, you would've had this.

[hide]screen2pf1.png[/hide]

And realize that this image got sized down by Imageshack because its dimensions are 2344x1824. I don't think you need to be seeing that whole huge thing when all that matters is the chess board.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

It was a joke darkblade... :uhh:

Sorry. I just don't really appreciate being called a cheater or the like, regardless of whether its in joke or not. And especially since it's the internet, it's kind of hard to tell whether something is meant to be sarcastic, joking, etc.

f475e02ecc.png

Img.

Kind of great chess machine but I still think the Chinese guys that play chess all day can beat it.

Shouldn't mean more loading unless you have an exceedingly slow computer, because most browsers should be smart enough to just grab the image once and not grab it again the second time it's put as an image.

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.