i've been called a no lifer, a tank noob and all that before lol... they ask me

noob: why do i train def?

me: i say because i want to...

noob: its stupid:

me: why are you wearing dragon then?

noob: because i want to...

me: you have to have 60 def to wear it

noob: so?

me: u called me a def noob but u also train your def...

noob: sdfu and leave me alone...

lol they are just looking for an excuse to complain about your stats because they are just jealous of you... so when they call me a no lifer def noob i just say ty and walk away \' \' besides i haven't train def in ages so meh!

8a6769dab0.png

Pretty much sums it up.

But you gotta remember some people got problems: depression, extreme shyness, bullying and other sorts of problems. Runescape is their way to escape all of it. They're just kids, you can't say it is their fault or their choice. Wait until they're 18 for that.

2480+ total

No-lifer is a word used by people to describe (or insult) people who have something they don't.

no social life? :thumbsup:

The question is: how can you kill something that has no life?

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

No-lifer is a word used by people to describe (or insult) people who have something they don't.

no social life? :thumbsup:

The question is: how can you kill something that has no life?

:lol: at the South Park reference.

I always think that the term 'no-lifer' is for anyone who puts playing a game first over something that is more important (examples include social life, school work, family relations, occupation). They haven't got their priorities right. You can't put a time limit on the term 'no-lifer' because it varies from person to person.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

If you've ever used chinchompas (ironically, I haven't but I've heard from friends), or talked to someone who has, you know that you can get 300-400k range xp an hour. Add hp to that, and it's around 500k xp per hour, only 2 hours to get 1m xp, so the 1m xp a day thing isn't really an accurate accusation.

As for me, I see a no lifer as someone who chooses RS over friends and things. Sure, it's okay to spend most of the day on RS if it's only once or twice (I've done it twice in 3 years, parents were out of town and friends on vacation), but day after day is too much.

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

There's an old RS joke:

If someone has a lower combat lvl than you, he's a noob. If someone has a higher combat lvl than you, he's a no-lifer. :twisted:

Personnally, I don't judge people. So what if someone has a high combat lvl and an astounding total lvl? Maybe it just means they've been playing for a long time (maybe since the release of RS2) and does not mean they are nerds. :|

On the other hand, if the account is so new that they have yet to experience their first holiday event, and they're already going into the high-lvl crater in Bounty Hunter, while showing off a trimmed Runecrafting cape, then maybe it's safe to say that the player is a no-lifer (or that they had bought their account:P)

But for most people like myself, Runescape is just a way to kill some down-time during those whole 10 minutes a day where you just can't seem to find a reality show on TV (joking :P). You can't expect to play a skilling-based MMORPG and not gain levels! :shame:

Aha, the joke is too true.

I agree mostly with your post, except for the "playing for a long time" comment. I made my current RS account when RS2 came out, and my combat level is still 62, while I have no skill more than sixty-something.

MSSW4TI.png

"No-lifer"? Who the hell are we to judge someone based on their lifestyle?

The way I see it, if someone calls someone else a no-lifer, it's really none of their damn business (and they just want the resources said person is using for themselves). If you have ever called someone a no-lifer, take a good hard look at your own playing style.

Seriously though, it's no one's damn business what any high-ranked player does with their free time. That's their free time. If you're so concerned with their life and their time online, then you probably need to spend less time online as well.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

now, i cant judge anybody whos played for years (ive palyed for about 3) but someone who plays from 10-14 hrs is kinda in need of help...15+ just needs to quit for a while (not judging you, if you like it well you like it lol :P ) but i play for about 5 hours a day.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

There is no accurate definition of a no-lifer, aside from the strictest definition, depicting someone who has absolutely no life outside of the mentioned game, someone who simply plays the game and does only what is absolutely necessary for homeostasis in the real world, only because they cannot actually be assimilated in to the game.

An improper and stupid definition made by and mostly used by (There is no way to put this nicely, folks.) [wagon] and idiots is used to describe anyone of higher status within the game. This definition is mostly used by people who are themselves no-lifers by the above definition.

The commonly accepted definition is someone who has a bad social life, or no social life and does little more than play games. I myself would fit under this definition. I have no real social life by choice, and I do little more than play games. I don't sit at my computer all day and play computer games. I do other things. But the actual definition of a game is anything done for fun as the main motive. I believe that fun is the ultimate goal behind everything, and I do almost everything for, ultimately, fun. Therefore, I essentially do nothing but play games. The commonly accepted definition can apply to almost anyone, due to the vagueness of "bad social life," and the fact that, when you think about it, the ultimate goal behind everything we all do is for fun.

There's an old RS joke:

If someone has a lower combat lvl than you, he's a noob. If someone has a higher combat lvl than you, he's a no-lifer. :twisted:

Lmao. "there's an old RS joke" lolol.

Imo someone who takes games way too seriously (be it putting it as a priority in his/her life or becoming so involved in the game that he forgets to enjoy the real world) is a no-lifer.

For me, someone who refers to a rs "joke" with a phrase that compares it to a joke about life or something, is a bit too obsessed with the game.

But that's just me, and I'm in a bad mood atm :-$

bottomsupsiggyori.jpg

Runescaper since June 2005

Blog

To sum up, a no-lifer to me is someone who:

Puts Runescape above a social life.

Puts Runescape above work/shoolwork.

Puts Runescape above doing sports and staying healthy.

Gets mood swings irl from things happening in Runescape.

Plays more that 7-8 hours a day frequently.

A no-lifer isn't someone who has a high level (although they can be.)

if I play hours upon hours to get something, and I loose it, I'd be pretty PO'ed...

" *works 50 hours over a few weeks/months for a BGS* yessss!!! *looses BGS* ....... f**k"

Yayyyyyy...

Well in my opinion it depends what genre of game you're looking at:

In non-competetive gaming (MMO's and RPG's) a no lifer is someone who plays, ignoring all real life ambitions and burdens.

In competetive gaming (FPS and RTS and Driving) a no lifer is someone who plays for a long time, but only for fun, and doesn't improve much, and doesn't really use his talent in tournaments, just wastes his hours spent.

A person who plays properly would improve lots, play seriously, and use talent in tournaments to make it worthwhile. However they must consider how much more income they get from there job, when balancing out hours gaming and working.

This is how i choose to play; playing for fun does seem like a waste of time.

This may be a complete inverse of some people's no lifer opinion but hey, thats just how i see it.

SO basically all round, a no lifer to me is someone who plays for fun, which results in negligence of RL.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

SO basically all round, a no lifer to me is someone who plays for fun, which results in negligence of RL.

That is, like, completly defeating the purpose of playing RS. Its a game! Play it to have fun <3: .

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

a no lifer for me a a person names rsw44

OMG OMG SAILING IS COMING LOLOLOLOL!!!1111 b/c JAGEX GAMES STUDIO , ANAGRAM OF SAITO JUDGE X-GAMES

TAKASHI SAITO= RED SOX P1TCHER... RED SOX = BOSTON, BOSTON = PORT CITY!!!! PORT CITY = SAILING

No-Lifer = more then 500k exp or 10+ hours daily :wink:

or someone with... no life?

i have 500k plus exp but ive played on and off again gor 4 years+ i usually like to hang out with rs buddies more than train

OMG OMG SAILING IS COMING LOLOLOLOL!!!1111 b/c JAGEX GAMES STUDIO , ANAGRAM OF SAITO JUDGE X-GAMES

TAKASHI SAITO= RED SOX P1TCHER... RED SOX = BOSTON, BOSTON = PORT CITY!!!! PORT CITY = SAILING

I think most people at some stage will no life.

For example I recently spent large amounts of time playing in order to get 99 firemaking, I'm talking around 4-7 hours a day (I sleep alot though so you need to make my sleeping time for this around 10-11 hours). I've since gotten 99 firemaking and since then have spent 0-2 hours per day online. This was all done during the school holidays.

I was no lifing then but I don't consider myself a no lifer because I don't do it that often. I think that people who consistently no life are those who could be deemed no lifers. I also don't think you can put a particular time limit on play time and then say that the person is no lifing, those numbers were just what I felt for myself to be no lifing.

This was also used as a subject for the Tip.It Times (well, sort of)

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

That is, like, completly defeating the purpose of playing RS. Its a game! Play it to have fun <3: .

Fun is a side-effect of becoming the better :-w :) .

however i no longer have fun on RS :cry:

Anyway what i mean is i play Shooters, to earn money IRL (side-effect fun!).

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

Read N0valyfes blog. That tells you what a no-lifer is.

n0valyfe.freehostia.com/

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.