new laptop

aspokaspofkjsopfkapo

I need to go to bed soon so I can't check right now, but I will say do not get a Mac if you want to play RuneScape. Unless you use Safari (which sucks btw), then there are several major glitches with Java handling and tab switching, and it's too expensive anyway. I think HP has some pretty good computers (I like them a lot and have used quite a few). Also, check sales at local computer stores; that's where you find most of the best deals.

I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
Pics or it didn't happen.
I hate my generation.

...but I will say do not get a Mac if you want to play RuneScape.

If you'd stopped to think for a moment, you'd realize his $700 budget throws that out the window anyways. If you're going to go Mac bashing, atleast have some hard arguments instead of using any random opportunity. :?

As for the OP, browsing around Newegg's laptop section will give you some idea what's out there for your price range. Even a basic Dell or HP machine will be good enough to play RS and do school work on.

Browsing the Internet and playing RuneScape? That's it? Whatever happened to homework, movies, video games, music, homework...

Anyway, Dell has some decent options on a laptop, but this is a basic one (and configured with XP is a good thing).

If you're interested, System76 offers some latptops preloaded with a type of Linux OS. In truth, if you haven't dealt with the *nix world, then I wouldn't recommend it.

HP has some nice deals as well, this one in particular would be something that I'd probably pick up.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I Suggest a Mac...

I like Microsoft and all But in my option Mac's new Leopard can not be beat...

Especially with Vista's flaws...

Since you Want a Laptop get an Macbook....

Great notebooks,

I got an Imac which is a desktop, and I love it...

I have never experienced lag at anytime, unless i'm in a very crowded world

then its just brief lag..

Mac's are just completely amazing nowadays...

They will Even run Windows xp...

ah the endless possibilities.... :D

Fusionxx.png

You Mac people seriously need to stop drinking the kool-aid and read.

1) $700 budget rules out *any* Mac laptop, as my last post said. $700 is not $1099. Learn to read and comprehend the entire thread please. :wall:

2) You must have missed some of the massive flaws in Leopard (like this data loss bug)(or perhaps a PC Mag editor having major issues with it) when it was released. You'd think they'd be able to get basic copy functions right. If you want to go OS bashing, even Vista got that right the first time.

I Suggest a Mac...

Since you Want a Laptop get an Macbook....

Great notebooks,

I got an Imac which is a desktop, and I love it...

I have never experienced lag at anytime, unless i'm in a very crowded world

then its just brief lag..

Mac's are just completely amazing nowadays...

They will Even run Windows xp...

ah the endless possibilities.... :D

Yeah, except for the fact you can't upgrade a mac save for ram. If a part is outdated you're screwed.

At any rate a mac is out of the question.

Now, looking through the computers Cruiser posted I think I would recommend THIS Laptop.

Why? Window's XP (you don't need vista for just web/runescape, and anyways vista would run kind of poor on a low spec machine). It also has an intel 2 core duo processor (1.5ghz) which is great for general multi tasking / web browsing / ect. needs.

Also comes with a decent 80 gig hard drive (I don't think you'll use much?) and a gig of ram.

Seems pretty good to me.

Browsing the Internet and playing RuneScape? That's it? Whatever happened to homework, movies, video games, music, homework...

Anyway, Dell has some decent options on a laptop, but this is a basic one (and configured with XP is a good thing).

If you're interested, System76 offers some latptops preloaded with a type of Linux OS. In truth, if you haven't dealt with the *nix world, then I wouldn't recommend it.

HP has some nice deals as well, this one in particular would be something that I'd probably pick up.

well if a windows 95, my second to last computer, can do homework then i think an xp or vista will be able to do it

Actually the Dell vostro laptops are a really good deal. Here. They are actually made to sell to Small businesses, so you will have to make up a company name. The laptop listed in the middle should beat out even laptops on newegg for value.

Actually the Dell vostro laptops are a really good deal. Here. They are actually made to sell to Small businesses, so you will have to make up a company name. The laptop listed in the middle should beat out even laptops on newegg for value.

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/ ... wkah&s=bsd

DELL:

PROCESSOR IntelÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâî CoreÃÆââââ¬Ã¾Ãââ 2 Duo T5270 (1.4GHz/800Mhz FSB/2MB cache)

OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows VistaÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâî Home Basic

LCD PANEL 15.4 in Wide Screen XGA+LCD Display w/TrueLifeÃÆââââ¬Ã¾Ãââ

MEMORY 2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz, 2 DIMM

HARD DRIVE 160GB 5400RPM Hard Drive

OPTICAL DRIVE 8X CD/DVD+RW Read and Burn CD and DVD

VIDEO CARD IntelÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâî Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

MEDIA DIRECT Dell Exclusive MediaDirectÃÆââââ¬Ã¾Ãââ Instant Play Software Application

WI-FI WIRELESS CARD Dell Wireless 1390 802.11g Wi-Fi Mini Card

Great deal to be honest. Intergrated graphics card but, obviously, you don't need that for the web and runescape lol.