Is there a "true" training method?

Central_Keeper

Any way to LEGALLY raise a skill is Kosher.

I raise most of mine by gathering all my own materials, then making, and either alching them, or selling them.

I then have a large amount of gold on hand....

What am I supposed to "do" with it, if using it to buy a skill is "wrong"?

I think it's fine to use anything legally obtained in the game to raise skills. I made money fishing shark to 99.

So I used that money on ranged, and on construction. Nothing at all disrespectful about that. It's MY cash.

MY skills raised that cash for me.

I'll use it to power level till I run out, then I'll skill up some more for another run.

And why does it seem that so many od these posts here about respect deal with "profit"?

I'm fairly certain I read a post that said a method of leveling is only "true" if it results in profit. Am I right about that?

Exactly where does Jagex state this game is about "profit"?

"Here lies one whose name was writ in water."

Well I consider the 'true way to train an efficient and not much money losing type of training. Power training is NOT a true way of training since it usually has no profit and gets no respect from others.

99 Ranger: I got 99 range is 1 week.

Random Person: Ya but you power training and did nothing but watch your prayer at skellies.......

Vioce in the background: Owned

Basically anything that is not power trained in my opinion.

Power trained=no respect=false cape

This from a guy who powermined to 99 mining.

I think that using two skills in unison is a waste of time, and its faster to do them separately. In the time it takes to fish one load of fish to cook them, I can cook maybe 10 loads? Granted some skills are slower then other, I prefer skills that I can *buy* (go ahead and flame me) because I cant just stay focused on say fishing for 10 hours, and I might not come back to it should I get bored. But say with smithing, if I get bored, I leave, and I KNOW I still have the bars in my bank, so, I will go back and finish them to give myself the cash back.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

I try to find a training method that gives both reasonable XP and lots of profit.

In this case, I fish Raw Lobsters, which give me 2.5k XP/25, and when I get 100 that is roughly 10k XP, and then I sell my Lobsters for 24k on the Grand Exchange, and repeat, simple as that.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

'Buying a skill' is fine with me because they got the money in the first place, which from the start must have been earned by sheer effort. However, I do respect those who are self-sufficient in their training because it takes a lot of effort and perseverance, with very nice results.

There is no 'true' method, it's just a balance between XP and money. However far along the line you go, they are all as 'true' as each other.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Well I consider the 'true way to train an efficient and not much money losing type of training. Power training is NOT a true way of training since it usually has no profit and gets no respect from others.

Random Person: Ya but you power training and did nothing but watch your prayer at skellies.......

What if he caught the chins?

~Could you perhaps clarify what you're asking us to discuss? It's sort of unclear =S.~

The topic indeed was a bit hard (or confusing) to start with since I know everyone will have different interpretation to it.

In my own word, the question would be something like: What is the right training method that is consider to be the true method (as people tend to approve, or rather recongize a skill when it becomes hard work vs fast xp)

To reiterate some points, it would be something like this.

Both Player A and player B start training cooking, Player B train the conventional way, fishing or making his own food for example, to get lvl 99 cooking and this also consider that you are not just fishing, cooking, and dumping the fish (you also need to bank the fish too) at the same time, so nothing is wasted

This could mean that you are training the skills without getting rid of the resources that you collect, if you toss the materails away just to get the xp, you are just getting a "number", (some might argue, all you want is the xp and look good on highscore table)

Player A, trains the faster way, he went to players or GE buy tons of raw lobs and repeatly cook them and sell them back, basically, some people consider it as "buying" xp, (hence cooking was actually harder skill to train before cook x comes out, since u have to click at each raw food indiviually). In the past, before cook x comes out, cooking food does take a while, so cooking was considered a hard skill (and at that time, highscore table did prove that point), but when cook x comes out, cooking become nothing more than repeately clicking with roughly 25 seconds of rest in between.

Some might say that power lvling cheapen the skills (another post discuss the value behind cooking and fletching, why some people dont consider them as an achievement), because you are just getting the xp as fast as you can, and you are not getting the real fun out of it. Again the advantage and disadvantages between the speed and value of raising a skill become blurred.

The point of my post is again to see what the interpretations were, and see if people can provide points to "clear" up some ambiguity, and having reading this far, I did get some valuable reponse from other players which certainly changes my mind about the outlook on this aspect of training.

Overall, when you look up on someone on the highscore table, you wont really know if they power train to get the skills or not, when the xp is there, its there, and it would be hard to prove or disprove that which type they train, and again, as so many other point out, there is no "right way" to train, it is more than of preference or personal choice. Like I said before this is no right or wrong in the discussion, more so on providing your own point of view so others can read and ponder about something they didn't thought of.

a happy Runescaper

IMO Theres no such thing as "true training methods"

All of em are either effective or uneffective.

And then its broken into 2 different parts from there into Exp or Money

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Don't u play 9 Hours+ a day?

Hunter

rawr7zv.gif

Thanks to Goldwolflord, megadedhed, willmcdermot, Biabf, jak722, born2die, Mediumwell, xxxShade, Random, speedofsound, edtheripper, and Alduron for the awesome sig

This is how i look at it. The only true traning method is the method you think is right. You play the game how you want to play it. Im not going to have someone come up to me and say it was stupid to get 99 firemaking off willows. As i said before...

I choose how i play and train in this game and whatever method i use is right to me.

-Haseo

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

are you guys forgetting the point of this post, most of you are just arguing against master smither for his comment( i think atleast 7 people quoted him and kept going on and on about it)...its done! he understands, lets move on and talk about the topic at hand and the true ways of learning. look at different view points

Before post, think about the point of this thread for a second, and try to be constructive by giving essential points or personal experience, there isn't a right or wrong arugment surround this kind of topic, nor should we try create a 2 sided war. Its again simply to let people express their views and understand this topic better.

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

^^^^read backwards^^^^

anish00b.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=757562&p=6009903

^^^^The Best Melee Training Spot In The Game^^^^

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=786213

^^^^The new Bandits^^^^

even i have the misfile craze!!!

are you guys forgetting the point of this post, most of you are just arguing against master smither for his comment( i think atleast 7 people quoted him and kept going on and on about it)...its done! he understands, lets move on and talk about the topic at hand and the true ways of learning. look at different view points

Everyone keeps talking about his post because thats what this topic is about :P

the face of the matter is that he specifically said NOT to make a 2 sided war going on, but guess what, that's what has happened. master smither has been told of enough times and i believe the point of the topic is to talk about "true" training methods and DISCUSS them, not keep going on about one persons view.

my view on is that the true training method is that method that YOU like, no matter how long it takes, how much money you make, just as long as YOU are glad that that you have done it!

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

^^^^read backwards^^^^

anish00b.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=757562&p=6009903

^^^^The Best Melee Training Spot In The Game^^^^

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=786213

^^^^The new Bandits^^^^

even i have the misfile craze!!!

The point of the topic again is what other people think when it comes to training method, some people acknowledge certain ones while some dont, and again, there is no right or wrong way to truly said one method is the "right" one.

As others said before, train the longer conventional way with more clicks doesn't mean its efficicent. on the other hand, train it with more effcient way and faster xp dont get recognized by others. Its all really based on personal perception, and what it really come down to the point of this post:

That your opinion and input on this matter could make others on the other sides (those who believe in power lvl, and those believe in traditional lvl, those who believe both) to understand many different views. In essence, everyones contribuition to the post will provide a summary of what this topic is about.

a happy Runescaper

Well, I got to 90 fletching the old way, by getting 70, then trading yew sups for longs ect ect, but then I realised that if I did that for too long, woodcutting would become null and void, so I decided that I would try to get all my own rescources for doing everything.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

What if he caught the chins from 99 Hunter?

Didn't you powermine your way to 99 Mining?

Voice in the background: OWNED

The most of the time I get the raw materials myself. For example I mine my own ores for smithing and I craft my own runes for magic. But sometimes, when I want the xp fast, I buy the materials I need. This is however pretty a rare occasion.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak