Runescape is the biggest regret of my life.

ice_ring

Frig, I feel the same as you except I'm a freshmen. I wasted most of my junior high years on runescape which I realized doesn't gain you anything in real life.

Freshmen is an American erotic magazine published monthly by Specialty Publications. It was founded in 1991. Its target audience is homosexual and bisexual men. The magazine contains nude male photography, erotic fiction, video reviews and other adult features.
:shock:

I think the word you're looking for is freshman.

:lol:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not even in college yet...trust me, you'll have bigger regrets in life. Like the time you'll wake up in an unknown place with a raging hangover, a 300lb woman in bed with you and a broomstick stuck in your [wagon]. Sure you'll try to convince yourself you fell down while sweeping but the regret comes in when the pictures hit the internet.

Everything in moderation....that's the key to life.

Regardless, if you put half the effort into your future endeavors as you did runescape, you'll be fine and rs will become less of a regret and more just a stage you went through.

College...best days of your life :ohnoes:

Yeah, moderation is the key here, balancing real life with runescape. There are also many people who play rpg's like runescape to get away from problems in their own lives. This isn't the way to go, always let real life take priority, eg homework/essays before logging in, don't stay up all night playing when you know you have something important in the morning.

But yeah, balance and moderation is the key.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Frig, I feel the same as you except I'm a freshmen. I wasted most of my junior high years on runescape which I realized doesn't gain you anything in real life.

Freshmen is an American erotic magazine published monthly by Specialty Publications. It was founded in 1991. Its target audience is homosexual and bisexual men. The magazine contains nude male photography, erotic fiction, video reviews and other adult features.
:shock:

I think the word you're looking for is freshman.

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :ohnoes:

Anyway, I agree with mcneilp. Everything has to be in moderation.

j0xPu5R.png

I agree with you mate, grades 7-10 runescape was huge for me....it mattered more then h/w.

Runescape is also what got me into the whole internet/forum loop.

If I hadn't started Runescape, I might still be an internet "virgin."

But here I am, and thats the past.

Cheers <3:

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

Runescape is fun and in all, but you have to remember that RL comes before RS, even in alphabetically. I am in Band that consumes enough of my life already. I make I have done what I have needed to get done before I play RS. I have quite of few friends and keep a good social life, band helps alot with that.

Hmmmm...

If I didn't play Runescape, I'd be wasting my time watching tv or playing console games, I prefer this. This is my free time, theres nothing else to fill it besides playing games.

No truer words have been spoken!

I would never think about hanging out with friends being less important then runescape. I only do rune when friends are busy or it is a cold, rainy, bad weathered-day. Kthxbai.

Ditto. I started playing in spring '05 and I mean I played everyday after school for hours and hours. I didn't hang out with friends much, didn't do any activities besides Runescape. But 3 months ago I find an answer in myself. I figured out that my life is going downhill while I play Runescape. My grades in college were sliding down, I had very few friends, and I didn't have anything else to do. I decided to quit Runescape and see what happens. So I sold everything in my bank for a blue partyhat(which was stolen later, but i don't care anymore) and quit. Now I live a fulfilled life. I play guitar, I go to the gym, I work A LOT, I hang out with friends and school of course. Runescape gains you nothing, it's a complete waste of time.

~Retired 10/17/07~

finalslayerhz3.png

Zombies__eat_flesh__by_DJCandiDout.jpg

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." - George W. Bush

If it took you most of junior high school to realize that Runescape gets you nothing in real life, then you should be more worried about sorting out your own common sense than what other people are doing with their time.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

If Runescape, or any other video game for that matter, is the biggest regret of your life, you sir are a lucky, lucky man. Either that or your life hasn't gone on for that long.

Believe me, there will be plenty of things to regret more than a game. And they will suck more than you can imagine. :(

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, and though RuneScape might have played a part in your current state, I don't think its completely to blame. 3 hours a day isn't a lot, I play somewhere around that time, and still be able to play rugby for my school and keep up decent results.

Perhaps your own time management is at fault as well??

Air_Dragon15.png

While this statement does sound dramatic, it is very true. As I look back on my high school career (I am now a senior) I am extremely depressed at what I see. I spent most of my freshman and sophomore years playing Runescape gaining nothing in the process. In the last year that I have been Runescape-free I have picked up more constructive hobbies such as guitar, drums, reading, hanging out with RL friends, skateboarding, and dating. I am mostly saddened at the fact that I could have begun these hobbies earlier in my life (mainly guitar, drums, and skateboarding) and been much better at them.

Another regret is the fact that I didn't do better at school. While I played Runescape nothing else mattered. While I did make straight A's, I was never involved. IN ANYTHING. Now when I fill out college transcripts what do I put down as leadership or volunteer work? I was leader of a monster killing team and gave some money to noobs, nope I don't think that would work out. I've missed out on sports and clubs all of which I believe would have made my life better.

I also hate the fact that I lied to myself for two straight years, I told myself that I was gaining decision making skills and math skills. That was bologna and I knew but I didn't want to believe it.

Finally what have I gained from playing Runescape? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. My main account was hacked, there goes the first three years (my junior high career) and I quit my second account (my high school career). Runescape has taught me nothing made me no friends, though I have many now that its out of my life.

In conclusion, though it is not any of my business what you do with your time, I would advise you to either quit Runescape or consider shortening the amount of time you play a day (I played about 3 hours a day btw and I regret it)

bring on the flames..

Really? My life is so perfect that I crap jellybeans and piss rainbows

Wallettheif.png

lordsalamence.png

jmccainwm3.jpg

The game.

I think that is what is wrong with kids nowadays. Video games are taking over there whole life. You only get 1 life and playing runescape on hours end is not what i would want to look back on either.

I have played a long time and I think for the 6+ years I played I have enjoyed the game more than anything. Sure, my levels could be better, but the only time I ever get on all I do is talk to my old friends. Runescape reminds me of Mario games. Sure it gets boring from time to time. It is always fun when you come back to it.

Tyrael.jpg

You shouldve balanced real life with runescape/other entertainments.

IDK about you but I learned a lot of things from runescape..

From runescape I learned that saying "noob" is a commonly used insult for someone new to life. I now call every infant I see "noob" based on that lesson. I also learned its acceptable to kill people if they enter the wilderness, no matter how weak they are. I have begun killing in the woods based on this lesson. I also learned from runescape that scamming people is normal. I have began selling fake watches on the street based on this lesson. (I didn't learn anything constructive).

It makes me (and should you) wonder what people live for, life in general. We are all going to get old, and we will all die. Life isn't about the end result, but the journey we take. If we are happy with that journey doing whatever we are doing, then, so be it. If sports, outdoors, and socializing is your thing, so, be it, glad you broke this routine. Some of us (me unfortunately :oops: ) don't really get much out of doing those other things. I commend whoever spoke about moderation. This is the key. Spend the time where you can doing something else, and, let RS fall into the gaps of 10 at night or on the off days where you are completely cranky.

I should prolly follow my own advice too :-s

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Don't entertain regrets, that's just silly. How can you regret things when you got all your life ahead of you, full of possibilities? You got lots of time left to get the life you want. Fun doesn't end at highschool.

2480+ total

What would've happened if you're account wasn't hacked? :wink:

I'm sorry for you, but you really should have realized that this was affecting your life negatively, though. You should have limited the time on RS, so you really don't have anyone to blame but yourself.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and what Runescape has done to your life. But I'm sorry to say that It was your problem of letting Runescape to be your number 1 activity in your life. You should control yourself and your life from the start instead of blaming Runescape.

I understand your situation but isn't Runescape a game for Fun only? and you just play it to enjoy your free time?. Plus, you should obviously realize that you could have a great social life as well as being a Runescape player at the same time without affecting your whole life negatively.

You brought a very good example to illustrate this idea that people should plan how would they process their life first before planning what to do for Runescape :roll:.

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your life :).

*Started Runescape in 1st of August 2005*.

Sweetfruits89.jpeg

RuneScape fills my free time and haven't regretted it at all.

I have a gf, a motorbike I've fully paid for with money from my job and I'm at uni making good grades.

Motorbiking is my passion, I go on many meets from sites, track days and done some off-roading too but I always find time to do important things then fill any other space with RuneScape lol.

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

Playing runescape will ruin your life if you dont balance it.

I only play monday to friday and weekend mornings. On Friday evening i go out with my friends, On saturday and sunday i go out with my friends.

nobody my age gos out during the weekdays so thats when i play. To balance my study i go to supervised study after school for a hour and half. I get my homework done in 40 minutes and study for another 50.

I do my sports after school on monday and wednesady. Also before school on tuesday and lunch breaks during school so i get a good 6 hours of hard training done during the week.

If you cant balance your life while you play runescape then either play it or quit it for something more rewarding I.E hobbies, sports, friends and relationships.

If you cant balance it then you have these 2 choices:

1. Pixels on your computer sceen that you power while putting work into something that is useless in the future

2. A healthy body, social life and mind.

Pretty simple decision if you cant balance you RS life with your IRL life.

This is the thread I needed. I may finally do my homework instead of jumping right into the chair and logging on to Runescape.

Saturday is now my day to hang out with friends.

But the thing is, I can't give up on Runescape, because my girlfriend and I talk primarily on the computer (since she is in high school and I'm only in eighth grade [and next year, I probably won't be going to her high school], so I don't see her much =[ ), since both of our parents are on the phones a lot and we don't have cells... And then sometimes, we can't think of anything to talk about, so I minimize the IM and play RuneScape while I think. It also gives me something to achieve, and I like to achieve. No other real reason to play a video game.

Anyway, I can't manage time. At all... And I procrastinate terribly... And I'm a good liar. Terrible combination if you ask me...

Hopefully I can break the habit. I'll pick up my guitar (either one), or even my flute (although, I barely practise flute playing), or ask people to hang out, or maybe practise martial arts some more (I teach it, I have to be good)... But anything to get me with my friends or doing some other fun hobby is just what I need. And I need more A's in school... My parents get mad even when I get B's on my report cards (I guess that's what I get for having an I.Q. over 140).

I'm not quitting RS, but instead, I'll play a bit more RL.

I don't regret RuneScape, but I do want to be with my friends more.

When I see people say it, I pronounce it "poon" in my head. Makes more sense to me. My friend said it in real life once and I almost kneed him in the family-maker.

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

This is the thread I needed. I may finally do my homework instead of jumping right into the chair and logging on to Runescape.

Saturday is now my day to hang out with friends.

But the thing is, I can't give up on Runescape, because my girlfriend and I talk primarily on the computer (since she is in high school and I'm only in eighth grade [and next year, I probably won't be going to her high school], so I don't see her much =[ ), since both of our parents are on the phones a lot and we don't have cells... And then sometimes, we can't think of anything to talk about, so I minimize the IM and play RuneScape while I think. It also gives me something to achieve, and I like to achieve. No other real reason to play a video game.

Anyway, I can't manage time. At all... And I procrastinate terribly... And I'm a good liar. Terrible combination if you ask me...

Hopefully I can break the habit. I'll pick up my guitar (either one), or even my flute (although, I barely practise flute playing), or ask people to hang out, or maybe practise martial arts some more (I teach it, I have to be good)... But anything to get me with my friends or doing some other fun hobby is just what I need. And I need more A's in school... My parents get mad even when I get B's on my report cards (I guess that's what I get for having an I.Q. over 140).

I'm not quitting RS, but instead, I'll play a bit more RL.

I don't regret RuneScape, but I do want to be with my friends more.

Why does every one i meet online have an iq over 140 when only 2 people i know in real life do..

And what martial arts?.