Runescape was the best time of my life.

booduz69

Look down a few threads, and go read ice_rings's topic on how Runescape is the biggest regret of his life.

Now, my experience has led me to have a completely different opinion on the matter. Playing Runescape was the best time of my life.

I'm a seventeen year old boy who spent around half of his teenage life playing Runescape. Over that time, I've managed to build up a decent level character with a fair amount of quest points, and spend a decent amount of time knocking around with various clans. I quit RuneScape about a year ago, and i don't regret it, but looking back, RuneScape really has had a massively positive influence on my life.

There is a massive difference between spending time online, and spending time in real life, with real people.

I love a good party, or wandering around town at 3am in the morning with no idea where I'm going. It's great. It really is.

But i also loved a good drop party, and i loved wandering around the wilderness in the middle of a clan war trying to return, to fight.

Both give a different thrill, and both are different ways of enjoying yourself, and one is no better or worse than the other. I'm glad that i've had the opportunity to experience both ways, and when I hear of friends of mine spending their weekends raiding on World of Warcraft, or having hardcore training sessions on Runescape; i just smile, because i know they're enjoying themselves just as much as I am.

Lately, i've taken time to log back onto RuneScape, just to check up on how old friends are doing. Because I haven't forgot those online friends i made many moons ago. The chances of meeting them in real life are slim, sure, but I think it's fantastic just to have someone to talk to about a subject you both really enjoy. And if any issues crop in your real life, you have the added bonus of confiding in people that you know you're never going to meet. When it comes to my birthday, people ask if i share a birthday with anyone, and i immediately say "Yeah, a guy i used to talk to online has the same birthday as me". It's just nice. (:

What does it matter if you can't write anything on your job application forms, or college transcripts, because you were beating down some virtual monsters? You had a damn good time doing so. That's what life is all about, just living it as it comes.

In conclusion, it's not any of my business what you do with your time.

If you want to spend your weekend playing an online game, that's fine.

As long as you have a good time doing it. (:

x

pixelsigwg5.png

I love a good party, or wandering around town at 3am in the morning with no idea where I'm going. It's great. It really is.

...Wait a minute, are you Holden Caulfield!? (Kudos if anybody gets this joke)

But seriously, what you say is true. An online game isn't a bad thing; It's only harmful if you allow it to get in the way of real life.

blackmageid8.png

It's nice to hear that you had a good time :)

I don't agree with any of the threads, though. RuneScape isn't the worst thing in my life, nor the best. For me, RuneScape is just... RuneScape... :?

signature8xy4.gif

Thanks to Jwrm22 for helping me with the signature :D

Have a look at my 'Land of Fakes'

Private chat ON, give me a HYT and I'll HYT you back :D

As long as youre having a good time, it's wonderful!

Too bad my account has been stolen this morning :(

Glad to see you have no regrets though, neither do I

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Catcher in the Rye?

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

Catcher in the Rye?

I Was about to say that.

Had to read that book over the summer for school <.< That kid was soo messed up imo :XD:

Gratz runescape didn't mess you up. ::'

Can you honestly say that you have as much fun at a runescape drop party as a real life party with friends? Even if you find them comparable, runescape memories don't last compared to memories with real life.

When I think about the time I spent on rs, I don't have much to remember really. And since life comes down to creating memorable times, I just don't see rs as a good use of time. It's comparable to watching TV. It's just a stream of passive immersion that's fun to pass the time with, and sure it's fun, but I can't even compare the highlights of my life to time spent on runescape. I can't see how anyone can unless you have that much of an uneventful life.

I think that I have so many memorable moments on Runescape, just as I do in real life. Just because its a game doesn't mean there aren't real people behind their computers actually becoming your friends. When I go into lightning chat it gives me a whole nother reason to play besides leveling up some character on some game. I have friends there, that help me out like they would be my friend in real life. You might call me a dork for having good online buddies, but I find that some people in lightning chat actually make me laugh harder than anyone around ...

Conclusion is, I think Runescape has been a great time and always will be.

I love getting adrenaline rushes from seeing three rev orks.

I love fighting til my whip should need to be repaired.

I love going to parties on here and talking to everyone.

PS. Yes I do have a real life and I do go out everyday with friends or family. Runescape doesn't run my life, I am just trying ton convey that while I am online I have a blast and I am happy that I play.

It's comparable to watching TV. It's just a stream of passive immersion that's fun to pass the time with, and sure it's fun, but I can't even compare the highlights of my life to time spent on runescape.

^^

Real life memories are so much stronger, you just can't compare. If I think back to the best moment of my life, I have to say that I never really thought it was possible to live such fun and exciting moments. Usually, life is so boring and dull, and full of cabbage. But extraordinary moments, lives and events do exist. And when you find them, you won't want to go back.

2480+ total

It's comparable to watching TV. It's just a stream of passive immersion that's fun to pass the time with, and sure it's fun, but I can't even compare the highlights of my life to time spent on runescape.

^^

Real life memories are so much stronger, you just can't compare. If I think back to the best moment of my life, I have to say that I never really thought it was possible to live such fun and exciting moments. Usually, life is so boring and dull, and full of cabbage. But extraordinary moments, lives and events do exist. And when you find them, you won't want to go back.

But what is rs to you IS a rl memory? When I had appendicitis, I was at hime recovering for a month. Imagine 1 month of not leaving the house. I played rs during that time to talk to friends. That's a rl memory to me, since I was talking to people I knew.

I love it when people make threads like in response to other threads.

Especially when the new threads actually have content.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

Can you honestly say that you have as much fun at a runescape drop party as a real life party with friends? Even if you find them comparable, runescape memories don't last compared to memories with real life.

When I think about the time I spent on rs, I don't have much to remember really. And since life comes down to creating memorable times, I just don't see rs as a good use of time. It's comparable to watching TV. It's just a stream of passive immersion that's fun to pass the time with, and sure it's fun, but I can't even compare the highlights of my life to time spent on runescape. I can't see how anyone can unless you have that much of an uneventful life.

I hate real life parties, i just hate them, but i have tons of good memories, from runescape. REAL memories.. from an UNREAL world.

TipitSiggy-1.jpg

Really, if you think about it, it doesn't matter if it was in runescape, some other game, reading a certain book or during a party in real life. It all depends on the amount of fun you've had.

I must admit, I don't have as strong memories about runescape as I have compared to real life, but I do for some other game. You can experience great things in real life, but the same is true for a game. That doesn't have to mean that the person in question has had an uneventful life, but that the person in question experiences games on a different scale compared to you.

There was this game that I used to play, the last knights. It doesn't look like much of a game, yet one of my best memories is from being one of the country leaders in that game. Bungee jumping of a bridge is one of the other great memories I have. Bungee jumping sounds a lot more exciting than playing a game, yet I still treasure the memories I have from that game. Maybe I'm just weird that way, but I tend to not draw such a huge line between real life and the virtual world.

best-guide-ever.jpg

Now I wouldn't consider RuneScape the best thing in my life or anything (for the record, I don't play anymore), but I agree with your whole having fun concept. It really irks me when people make comments like "You need to get a life" and whatnot. Well personally, I live in a community that I hate (it's quite comparable to "The OC" actually) - spoiled rich kids with too many problems to count. Now in my situation, "getting a life" or "enjoying the real world" would mean going to wild parties and getting drunk, which is something that I neither like or condone. Life should be about having fun and not fitting into the 'expectation' of society and what qualifies as a life. I'd rather spend my childhood enjoying myself than working up to completing the world's most admirable college application.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I don't exactly regret runescape, i've learnt alot; and its shown me what i can achieve, its taught me how to avoid emotional and financial blows, and taught me how to bare them.

Its shown me how not to run a business, and therefore how to run a business. And its made me a lot more outgoing IRL. :)

However i've learnt as much as i'm going to, and i've quit.

I've lived a 'practice lifetime' so to speak in the space of 6 years and i understand things alot better now.

A good part of 3 years sacrificed for the best i hope.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

=D> However much I hate spam and all, all I can really say is...

+1

Yes, its ironic, but I just completely agree with this thread, and Booduz.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite