~!~Runescape: Learning to Cope~!~

Wheaties

Welcome.

Anybody who has been on in the month of December '07 will know the game has changed quite a bit. Come January it will change even more.

So I have been thinking lately how will all the scapers out there learn to cope?

There are various topics on this forum about: Alching being ruined, No more pking, Wilderness more dangerous then ever etc...

So will the average player be able to lose there 55k magic exp an hour through alching or will they quit because of it?

There are other options in the game to gain magic exp(obviously) and you still can pk but, now with a guarantee when you kill the person you will get at the very least one item.

My thoughts on Jagex doing this is to bring back using skills over merchanting and pking, also gaining profit out of skills like magic.

Now instead of alching go to the metal dragons for 40k exp an hour. Or in the wilderness bring friends or decent armor to fend off the revenants. For pking simply go to BH and to make some money spend a few days at Yews or camp at other skill places.

Many will probably quit in the next three month period but, those who don't will learn to cope and have more fun on Runescape then in the past.

These updates in my mind will actually end up in a better RS, just wait and see what could happen. :D

Assassins_Creed_27-1.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those who learn to cope with it, but have no fun in doing so, are hooked to Runescape. Fact.

And most of us dont want to pay and wait for a better runescape to emerge. We pay to play now, not in the future.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Alching being ruined

Yeah

No more pking

Yeah

Wilderness more dangerous then ever etc...

No

For pking simply go to BH

You don't get it

and to make some money spend a few days at Yews or camp at other skill places

have more fun on Runescape then in the past

14372072_1261576748.jpg

These updates in my mind will actually end up in a better RS, just wait and see what could happen.

Not a chance

We pay to play now, not in the future.

+1

No

Revenants. That teleblock, poison, freeze, and hit 20s. In F2P.

And can't hit you if you walk behind a tree. OOOO A BIG SCARY REVENANT IS GONNA GET ME LOOK OUT

you should be afraid... with talk like this ur asking for soem revenant pounding. They can teleblock, tele out, they eat, they switch styles according to prayers, the knights magic atack hits over 40, and they dont get stuck on trees, they start walking norrow and using magics.

it other words wild IS more dangerous then even before

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

No

Revenants. That teleblock, poison, freeze, and hit 20s. In F2P.

And can't hit you if you walk behind a tree. OOOO A BIG SCARY REVENANT IS GONNA GET ME LOOK OUT

you should be afraid... with talk like this ur asking for soem revenant pounding. They can teleblock, tele out, they eat, they switch styles according to prayers, the knights magic atack hits over 40, and they dont get stuck on trees, they start walking norrow and using magics.

it other words wild IS more dangerous then even before

Full rune + protect from magic + walk around the tree till they get stuck

But as usual people are like "ZOMG HE HITS 40" and run for their lives instead of using their brains for a change. Pity, that.

Ignoring the pointless flame war above me....

I'll tell you how Runescape players will have to cope: With the trade limit commencing in January, players will be forced to fall back on their skills as a source of income instead of player interaction.

Think about it: No more begging, no more gifts, no more loaning of items.... It will be impossible for anybody to make money without earning it themselves.

The game will become a single player experience, which may be good or bad, depending on your opinion of the Runescape community.

blackmageid8.png

Ignoring the pointless flame war above me....

I'll tell you how Runescape players will have to cope: With the trade limit commencing in January, players will be forced to fall back on their skills as a source of income in stead of player interaction.

Think about it: No more begging, no more gifts, no more loaning of items.... It will be impossible for anybody to make money without earning it themselves.

The game will become a single player experience, which may be good or bad, depending on your opinion of the Runescape community.

^Thanks for posting something that isn't a flame lol. With your point it is a good and bad update.

Assassins_Creed_27-1.jpg

Revenants are as powerful in F2P as they are in P2P, which in totally unfair to them, seeing as they often have lower combat stats than members and do not have access to things such as Dragon items, Ancient Magiks, etc...

Now I'm not saying F2P should get such updates, hell no! They don't pay. But the revenants' power should be nerfed, in P2P and (especially) in F2P.

Plus, revenants can pass through a closed door, appear out of nowhere, never run out of "food" or "prayer", etc...

Is that fair? Is that how pkillers were?! Not at all! :wall:

And Bounty Hunter is very unbalanced. If a lvl 60 enters the medium crater (for example) he can be attacked by a horde of lvl 90s instantly, anywhere in the crater. And what about the skull symbol over your head? Hooray, no more 1-itemers, but say hello to something that lets everybody in the area know how much is the value of the items you have, resulting in you being piled on the spot by the whole crater! :uhh:

As for the trading limit, at least it made rule breakers go away, but at what cost? It is now very hard to make money, and former merchanters have hundreds of millions of gp in their banks, and they can just adapt and move on, leaving the rest of the player community to scrape what they can of gp. The trading limit is necessary, as I said before it got rid of many rule breakers, just fix the prices, keep them up-to-date, and give us a bit of flexibility! #-o

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

RWT is bad, ergo Jagex makes their game into a grind with a chatbox full of such glittering personalities as "P00p Sk8 Pk1." Brilliant.

^ that actually made me laugh, reminds me of my last month when I was F2P

Assassins_Creed_27-1.jpg

Revenants are as powerful in F2P as they are in P2P, which in totally unfair to them, seeing as they often have lower combat stats than members and do not have access to things such as Dragon items, Ancient Magiks, etc...

Now I'm not saying F2P should get such updates, hell no! They don't pay. But the revenants' power should be nerfed, in P2P and (especially) in F2P.

Plus, revenants can pass through a closed door, appear out of nowhere, never run out of "food" or "prayer", etc...

Is that fair? Is that how pkillers were?! Not at all! :wall:

I think revenants should be left the way they are (down to the AI), and if people can't figure out how to trap them then they deserve to die.

^ I was F2P for a month and never had a problem with revenants after the update they were easy to avoid and escape from, if you cant escape then PKers would be able to kill you from before.

That's the thing, though. Decent group-traveling PKers did and could, and they showed up a lot more often to kill low-leveled miners, which are now the scourge of the rocks. Regardless of your level, revenants are fairly easy to escape if you know what you're doing.

I think revenants should be left the way they are (down to the AI), and if people can't figure out how to trap them then they deserve to die.

To be honest, I hate people that think like that..

"If you can't do such as such you deserve such and such"

Say a new player is discovering the Wilderness, he hasn't been playing too long and is proudly wearing his new mithril armour. All of a sudden, without a warning on the mini-map, a lvl 100 revenant appears out of nowhere and KOs the poor unexperienced player before he has time to realize what has happened.

If that seems fair to you, then I don't know what to say. :boohoo:

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

Get over it...

Yesterday I lost over 5M: fury (3.3M), guthan helm (1M), RFD gloves and dragon boots (400K). I didn't quit... just get on with your (virtual) life!

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

Say a new player is discovering the Wilderness, he hasn't been playing too long and is proudly wearing his new mithril armour. All of a sudden, without a warning on the mini-map, a lvl 100 revenant appears out of nowhere and KOs the poor unexperienced player before he has time to realize what has happened.

If that seems fair to you, then I don't know what to say. :boohoo:

The wilderness is supposed to be dangerous, don't bring items you aren't prepared to lose.

Before the update, a level 100 pker could have KO'ed him too.

Sure, it may not always be fair, but thats the food chain for you.

tifa.jpg

Its going to be hard to adapt to trade limet. ..I dont merchant. I just dont like being told I can only sell things for a loss. When before I could atleast brake even or make a profit from my skills. I also dont like being told I cant buy a certain item because im 1003432242 in the queue to buying it at the max price. I am forced to wait a month to buy. :shock: Rather just spend 50x the cost and make the cash back quicker than getting it myself.

If I learn to cope I wont be enjoying myself as much. I used to plan my skills months in advance, collecting etc. I think now I should plan 6 months in advance just to buy the materials. Thats how I will adapt...

Its also disturbing how they have made ridiculous minimum prices for all the most commonly alched items in the game making them redundant. :-s ..Seems they think we are all stupid.

Turn your public chat OFF then. I know it pisses me off when I see little kids playing and chatting immaturely. Not all of them, but 90-95% of them.

Skilling will somewhat be of necessary importance in the market now. But isn't it ironic that the materials we create are not for PKing anymore? Fletching, RCing, Smithing - all pretty much to get to 99 in the skills or sell to PKers. Cooking, fishing, herblore, mining, farming, slayer - all end products pretty much went to PKers...

Now we're all on the goal of gettin to 99 or our desired max lvl in our skills. That or sell to BHers, or Duelers, or Clan Wars (though you don't lose anything in Clan Wars).

Oh, and I'm so glad that all the beggars will leave us med-to-high lvl players alone. I hope most of them stfu, so I don't have to turn my chat OFF and not see it floating in the game screen.

~WSW~

Ive gottne over farily easy, just due to the fatc i nevered pked(however i did buy a dark bow around the 13th to start pking <.< ) Ive just been traning combat and skilling and talking to friends. Just enjoying the game i think is best for me is how im coping.

-Haseo

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]