Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
Clan_Chat_Op

Pure Essence

Well now that real world trading is "gone", does it not make sense to get rid of pure essence once and for all? I'm ready for our f2p friends to start harvesting essence for us again. =D

siggykv.jpg

I skill. If you skill you should join.

no, because then real world traders will be back, slowly flooding the ec. with 3k of pure ess every 15 minutes! (sarcasm) Jagex is nevahs going to change it cuz oh noes! moar botz!!1

sonerohi.gifimage,p0wn,orange,lblue.png

What about the pure essence that is already in the system..? Some people would lose millions...

but how would they transfer their wealth off of their account with their 3000 limit?

=( =(

siggykv.jpg

I skill. If you skill you should join.

I definetly think pure ess should go bye-bye! Or, it could be made to be able to be mined by f2p at level 30. If we eliminated pure ess, all pure ess could be transformed into 3 rune ess.

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

1. They don't want to make some people really pissed off if they get rid of pure ess.. They would have to turn it into normal ess, which would lose people millions.

2. People sometimes do macro on an account that they will later use, even though this doesn't happen often...

3. It makes sense to have higher level runes use higher level essence anyway.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

oh god, how many people would cry about this update because they stopped RC and already used "xx" millions to get their RC up.

good update or bad, some1 is going to complain. and at this rate, abby demons have become much more profitable. every super set i use @ abby demons yields a nice 500 pure ess roughly.

either way, its fine.

1. They don't want to make some people really pissed off if they get rid of pure ess.. They would have to turn it into normal ess, which would lose people millions.

2. People sometimes do macro on an account that they will later use, even though this doesn't happen often...

They made f2p merchants lose millions during the first swap.

It's an incentive to get members when a newer f2p'er realizes they would be getting 5x the money ess mining by being a member.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

I think they should just make pure ess mineable (sp?) in f2p. It's just too much of a hit towards the game if they take pure ess out again.

Dude, you're right! I didn't even think of that! They really should do it, it'd make loads of people happy.

I touched a pigeon once.

Bakerkills93.gif

I think that they should leave it as it is and NOT make pure ess available to free players. Pure essence is only used(by smart players) when they are making member's only runes. Aire, water, earth, fire, mind, and body runes are the only F2P craftable ones, so the only use for pure ess would be selling, and I doubt that agex would add in something exclusively used to make money that wasn't possibly convertable into experience.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 405~46 Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,8 Legs,9 Spear,2 D2h,8 L Half,49 Boots,2 Skirt,2 DDs,9 Lump,8 Claws,56 Dagger,13 Visage,74 Mace,4 Scimitar,2 Hasta,Baxe,51 Long,29 Royal,2 Kite,Ward,Plate,Staff,Hammer
GWD: 151~4 S Staff,72 Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,3 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,Z Boots,B shield

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 3~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl + GWD2: 6~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots 

Etc: 57~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,6 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,4 Rider Armor,4 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,Blood Shard,5 Hydrix,Gland
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19

Pure essence is only used(by smart players) when they are making member's only runes.

You don't have to be real smart to play Runescape..

Pure essence is only used(by smart players) when they are making member's only runes.

You don't have to be real smart to play Runescape..

I literally loled @ that. And that fact has been proven over and over again.

cool_sig1.jpg

Here is a promise made by Jagex, that thisu update was to stop real-world-traders.

[hide]20 April 2006 - Rune Essence adjustment

Today we have made an adjustment to rune essence mining due to players breaking rule 7 and rule 12, using macros to mine the rune essence and then sell it.

As you are probably aware we have various systems in place to detect people breaking rule 7 and ban them. These systems work very effectively at detecting people breaking this rule, and make macroing a really bad way to try and train a high level character.

The problem we are now solving is not a problem with our macro detection systems which are still working well, but rather a problem with banning being an ineffective punishment against abusers who only use very low level accounts, and who have no intention of ever playing the game properly.

Over the last few weeks we have banned literally hundreds of accounts a day for macroing at the rune essence mine. However the bans were ineffective as the abusers could just create more low level accounts that they didn't care about to mine more. We also track trades so we can ban the recipiant of the illegally obtained items, but the abusers in this case were swapping the runes for gp, and then selling the gp for real world money on auction sites. Of course the person buying the gp for real world money gets banned, because we track the money they received in an unbalanced trade to a macro account, but the seller doesn't care that their customers get banned shortly after, as they have their real world money by then.

The fundamental problem is that rune essence was one of the few areas of the game which could be used to generate a reasonable amount of RuneScape money on a 'throwaway' low level free account. Normally to earn large amounts of money quickly you need to level up an account first, and then of course you care if it gets banned so our normal deterrent is effective.

We have therefore split rune essence to have 2 grades. Normal essence can only be used to make the six basic runes, whereas pure essence can be used to make any rune. You can mine both types of essence at the same place as before. The kind of essence you receive is automatically decided when you mine the rock. You will always get pure essence only if your mining is over 30 and you are on a members' world, otherwise you will get normal essence.

As a one-off event whilst we introduce this, existing essence in your bank and inventory will have been automatically converted to pure essence if you are a member or have other members-only items in your bank, provided you have level 30 mining or runecrafting.

Since free players can only craft the six basic runes anyway, the normal essence is just as good for its intended purpose of letting free players do low level rune crafting. However it is not so useful for selling to members who want to make law and nature runes (who we believe buy the vast majority of rune essence in Runescape) which should reduce its price significantly and make it a much less appealing proposition for real world traders.

The only people who should be significantly affected by this are players mining very large amounts of essence on free accounts purely to sell to members. There are better way of making money on high level free accounts anyway, so this change should only really affect players trying to making large amounts of money on a low level free account - which is of course the exact idea.

We would also like to yet again remind our players NOT to break rule 12 and be tempted to buy RuneScape gold for real world money. Nearly all the gold being offered for sale in this way was generated by cheating on 'throwaway' accounts. If you buy it not only are you encouraging further cheating, but you run the very real risk of being banned yourself as the money you receive is dirty money and will be tracked. Again we have banned countless players for breaking rule 12 and fuelling this problem, and will continue to do so.

We hope most players will agree we shouldn't let rule breakers spoil this game, and we are determined to not let them do so. As well as banning, where necessary we will also make minimal changes to the game to make rule breaking unviable[/hide]

Many free players lost huge amounts of money through this update, as many p2p merchants made huge amounts of money. If Jagex was doing thsi to truly stop RWT'ers, then tehy can remove it as they are no more. If, as some suspect, tehy did this in order to eliminate a f2p cash oppurtunity, fine. But at least be honest about it. Making P-ess f2p(or making all ess make all runes) would make runecrafting much more affordable.If pure essense was removed, crafting regular essence with a lower runecrafting level might not produce a profit if the price of essence was to stablize high; higher level runes, in comparison, would generate a heavily increased profit due to the cheapness of the essence, more than the already-large profit one can gain now. I imagine the cost of higher level runes would lower because of this and cheaper runes would rise, making it easier for high levels to train and more difficult for low levels, but I believe the current system balances out nicely; cheap runes can be crafted using cheap essence, with a low xp value, and valuable runes can be crafted using valuable essence, with a high xp value. There will not be any concern with wasting essence on low-level runes thanks to the relative cheapness of regular essence right now, and this would remain an excellent way to make money in RuneScape for those that take the time to train it (it's one of those few skills that pays for itself). is really the principle of the thing with me. We were told one thing. Now that the condition is effectively dealt with (or will be in January,) there is no need for this any longer. It isn't the money. It is the taht it was a lie. If they keep two separate essences, they are saying the reason that they created them is a lie. And, they are just hoping we are too stupid to notice.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

Jagex divided the ess so f2p woulden't makemoney so easily and join p2p so they can not just so rwt coulden't make money. (although that was part of the prolem)

I can support this 110% - it's time to rollback pure ess.

They should use whatever ratio the GE has for prices (3:1?) to make it fair for all.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

the pure ess price atm is too high, either make it mineable in f2p or add alternative ways of gaining it such as a reward in MTK ect...

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

They made f2p merchants lose millions during the first swap.

It's an incentive to get members when a newer f2p'er realizes they would be getting 5x the money ess mining by being a member.

I had Mined 200k rune essences & was going to make into 2x natures. I'll go back to mining them again if they change it ::'

Whatpulse team

My Youtube name is: birdman258

266ga.pngpikapopfg7.gif

My Mining Goal- Mining Rune Essence till level 99 8-) :^_^: :thumbsup: :wink:

mineruneessence6ku.jpg

I think Pure Ess should get eliminated. They said their incentive for making Pure Ess was to stop the rule breakers and since the new updates already stopped them, why not bring back the normal Ess?

It makes sense to me to have higher level runes require higher level rune essence.. I don't know why they didn't implement that from the start.
ya me too

I dont see why not. :D I would infact like that.

*Shakes head @ sig* Can't believe how fast this is spreading.

Why arent you one with the lulz? :cry: