The 3k Limit is Finalized - Everyone's Thoughts

warshadow212

I've been here since 2001, putting up with Jagex's half-baked [cabbage] month after month after month, but I can't turn the other cheek this time. Their lack of effort in correcting the problems in the GE is utterly spellbounding. All the problems that were ranted about ceaselessly two weeks ago still remain. For one, yew Longs are still 708 each, minimum. I am seriously contemplating buying Guild Wars. As far as I am concerned, Jagex has until this Summer to un[beep] things, or else I am gone forever.

td2sig.jpg

I don't mind it, the game changes = so do i.

I've been here since 2001, putting up with Jagex's half-baked [cabbage] month after month after month, but I can't turn the other cheek this time. Their lack of effort in correcting the problems in the GE is utterly spellbounding. All the problems that were ranted about ceaselessly two weeks ago still remain. For one, yew Longs are still 708 each, minimum. I am seriously contemplating buying Guild Wars. As far as I am concerned, Jagex has until this Summer to un[beep] things, or else I am gone forever.

Go buy it then, if it annoys you so much, basicly you're saying Jagex has never done anything good, so go ahead, buy your guild wars, i'm pretty sure you'll end up playing Rs again sooner or later.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

I'm so glad, I quit a year back. I couldn't imagine putting in another years rs for it to turn out like this. Ah well. I hope things work out for the old timers still playing rs, since Jagex have pretty much shot both themselves and the old timers in the foot.

I believe they should allow the trade limit to be based on the person with highest quest points. ..Its simply impractical to do a trade based on the lower level when you dont even know their qp. There is no highscore for it.. If it was based on the highest on the other hand I would know we could both trade max and I could state that prior to trade.

..As it is all trades default to 3k as I dont know their qps.. ..So I use the GE instead.. ..and wait days/weeks to buy anything at max price.. ..when I am prepared to spend 1000x more what its worth just to save time.

Something about the GE. When you need random small items that could literally take an hour to gain yourself but only costs 1k from another player.. Some of these items you buy instantly which is much easier than before the update! While other items take literally days/weeks to buy making it pointless. I am forced to do some tedius task when I rather spend more and lose less money that I could otherwise make. Other people for whatever reason may have a huge supply of the item that might otherwise take me hours reading up guides trying to remember where that silly 'jack petes leg' from 'forgotten quest I did years ago' item is. Grr.. The thing I dislike most in this game is literally spending HOURS of gameplay trying to find some random item. =S Wondering around everywhere! Its very annoying to me.. when I could instead 'buy it' at a higher than average price. I understand this update but this is overly frustrating more than ever now. I few days ago I was put into this situation. I spent 2 hours wondering around trying to find some stupid item digging up guides eh.. I hate boats! Theres too many docks and captains lol....

Otherwords I dont enjoy dong tedius rubbish when I could otherwise afford to skip it. Thats what I trained my account for I thought.. So I could focus more on what I enjoy rather than involving myself with the basics again. Its like a salesman being forced to clean public toilets rather than selling bathroom suites after spending years in nightschool.

As for air running I imagine its a real pain giving money when everyone has different qps.. If this was members you would get people anywhere from 3k-30k and what does that mean you pay them? its overly complicated to me. It should be based on the highest. Then all you need to do is get all the quests done and your set.

I can understand the limit of 30k but its too complicated to be a feasible form of trading when everyone has different quest points. You cannot adapt to this when the numbers are too odd. It was hard enough trading before but now its just based on 3k or nothing. Anything else is too complicated making qps allowing you 30k pointless to me.

It wont help much when trading friends.. nothing much fits 30k.

Jagex's half-baked cabbage

sounds delicious :D

Anyway, the highest limit on P2P is 100k atm? This is good, except I'd raise it a bit because I've never seen any p2p bots, albeit the trade between an autoer would matter on the autoer's qp. (which is 3k on f2p max?)

sizegf9.jpg

^ my book :^_^:

I don't play anymore, but I'm grateful I played through the best RS times!

by the time they resolve essence running payments (if they ever do) the running systems will be dead.

A fairly obvious kludge would be to revalue un-noted versus noted essence when inside altars. A few loopholes would not lead to rampant RWT so long as they do not form a chain and cannot be repeated indefinitely.

In fact, it would be good if the trade restrictions took account of the difference between point of source and point of use.

Another thing, if you make a 3k loss and then a 3k gain, are you back to zero, or can you neither gain nor lose in another trade

Another thing, if you make a 3k loss and then a 3k gain, are you back to zero, or can you neither gain nor lose in another trade.

The 3k gp per 15 minute limitation works if you gain 3k gp in one trade. After that, you cannot recieve any more gp, until in 1 minute, when you can gain 200 gp. Increases every 200 gp/minute, until 15 minutes, when it gets back to 3k.

~WSW~

So, the 3k gp per 15 minutes limit is finalized for everyone in f2p servers. I don't mind it, per se as to my goals dont need more than 3k per 15 mins per person, as I can get anything i need in the ge. But, I do have a problem, major one at that.

Wait, could I get a clarification from someone?

I haven't been on runescape since all these updates happened; and I don't plan to for a while too.

Say I were to make a trade and I paid 3k for a law rune, and 3k is my max. Does that mean I am not able to trade again for 15 mins?

No it just means you couldn't pay over the actual price of an item minus the current price of laws (around 300) at the Grand Exchange. So you could say get 5700 ish gp from another player and then give away 6000gp and so on.

No actually, he can pay 3k for a law rune. As long as he's paying 3k gp, and the law rune is at around 300 gp, he's losing 2.7k gp. He can still make 3k gp gain (to him) anytime, but after he makes that gain, he can't gain any more money from people until 1 minute, when he can gain 200 gp. This is applicable to f2p and p2pers with less than 50 qp, i believe.

Since 200/3k = 6.67% per minute, that might be the ratio to use to know how much money you can get in any amount of time, between 0 and 15 minutes. I'm not sure, if any p2per, that has noticed this, can prove this 6.67% per minute recovery, please let me know, in a post/PM. I'll credit you in the OT. Thanks.

~WSW~

On a personal level, I bet that at least some of the 300+ Jagex staff are against the update as well. But they're probably not allowed to post their personal opinions under their mod names, as that would destabilize Jagex. However, some of them are probably ranting under their normal player names as well.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Simple, I don't really care about it, at all.

Of course you don't. You're alrdy lvl 126. I'm sure you can gather materials like no one's business.

I don't think I will have problems with it but I am worried about World 16 air company for Runecrafting -.- .

Yeah, I kinda got into the Rcing thing late... right smackdab in the middle of the limitation... lol

~WSW~

Man...I'm an f2p merchant/skiller and let me tell you: this 3k trade limit sucks some sweaty, hairy moose testicles man. I have no idea who to go to with this idea, but: they should base the trade limit on total levels (like 1k will get an f2p'er to 10k or something). I mean really, I have a total level of 940 something, and let me tell you, it took time, just less time than aquiring 200 qp (not to mention 200 qp is impossible for f2p #-o ). Only difference is, total levels would make it fair to the higher leveled f2p'ers (LIKE ME!). But I'm just a lowly non paying player, so naturally my comments and ideas may as well be wind in Jagex's ear. <.<

Now, I've been getting some conflicting reports that I have a limit on how much I can give. I know I can give only the amount it says on the limit of the person I'm trading. Can someone please verify this? Or is it that I'm giving out too much money to too many ppl? I don't think I'm doing something wrong.

EDIT: I've confirmed it myself. It's based on the person giving out the extra cash, not the one receiving. Wow, we're screwed. Pardon my french.

~WSW~

Miniclip doesn't have RS news

A lot of F2Pers (myself included) are unhappy, hoping Jagex might be nice and do something right to start out the new year

the other day, i was selling my rune kite (t) To a buyer that wated it loads.

he put up 215k and a rune kiteshield h1 as well as a rune baxe.

thanks to the new trade limit, however, he was forced to remove the baxe and some moeny... =(

i have had lots of unfair scenarios like this, thanks alot jagex. :evil:

O.mirzan-O.mirzan.gif

d drops/ legs(0) chain (0) axes (0) skirts (0) meds(0)/ visage! (0)/ rings (0)

-My Blog! Don't forget to post!