Prayer Switching Guide for TzTok-Jad

Dire_Wolf

I'm at school at this second, and i cant see much pictures etc, so what i dont notice (if its there, ill apologize when i get home) is that, i see no mention of the F1-F7 or F9 keyboard shortcuts. it makes going between potting and pray switching even faster if you remember the F# button for prayer. F1 is inventory i remember that one.. but thanks. ill remember this guide, and ill use it maybe on my last day of mems :)

The F-buttons is not specially for TzTok-Jad only, it can be used anywhere. So i figured that if your aware of the F-Buttons and use them, that you will use it at Jad also. Good luck on Jad :thumbup:

And yet not everyone knows about them, so I think it would be good to mention them. Personally, learning about the F-buttons was the key to me finally beating Jad.

I don't use the F-buttons, i have never adapted to it. But i will do as you say. Will put it up as soon as possible :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a year since I last had gotten a fire cape and I assumed I was a bit rusty. Skimmed your guide and refreshed myself of my prayer switching skills and got my 2nd fire cape.

It turned out to yield a staff of light too:

firecapem.png

staffoflight.png

Nice guide SirHemen ;)

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

• 5 months later...

As final i wanna say that if you liked my guide or gotten Fire cape using it, please give feedback or post screenshot of the result! :pray:

After countless tries, I finally made it, thanks largely to your guide!

firecapee.png

A BIG Thank YOU!!!

Nice guide, I was doing well on Jad but then lagged on prayer switch. :wall: :wall:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

• 3 months later...

Hi, just like to thank you for the guide, I have just, in the last few hours got my first ever Fire Cape :shades:

I would like to especially thank LaLa for the tip on the pray switching as that was the problem that I was having, I kept missing the Mage attack.

I had tried 8 previous times this week and failed every time on Jad due to missing the Mage attack and the first time I tried it by keeping Mage Protect on at all times unless I saw Jad stomp before his Range attack, I completed it with ease :thumbup:

So thanks very much for all the info you have posted in this guide and as I said, thanks to LaLa too for that crucial extra tip :thumbsup:

Just in case any of you were interested, I'll list my stats and what equipment and invy I was using.

99 Attack

99 Strength

99 Defense

99 Constitution

99 Mage

99 Range

98 Prayer

96 Summoning (even though it's useless in the Fight Caves)

And my equipment:-

Neitiznot Helm

Ancient Dhide Body

Barrows Gloves

Veracs Plateskirt

Snakeskin Boots

Explorers Ring 3

Blessed Spirit Shield

Ava's Accumulator

Rune Crossbow

Broad Bolts (1000)

Diamond (e) Bolts (200, just to be certain)

This gave me these bonuses:-

Attack Defence

Stab 22 Stab 252

Slash 22 Slash 242

Crush 22 Crush 279

Magic -29 Magic 81

Range 142 Range 248

Other

Strength 23 Prayer 16

Ranged Strength 100 (Broad Bolts)

Ranged Strength 105 (Diamond (e) Bolts)

And my Inventory:-

Enhanced Excalibur (400 LP version)

Diamond (e) Bolts (until Jad, then equipped these)

Extreme Ranging Potion (4) x1 (used 2 doses)

Prayer Potions (4) x10 (used 5)

Rocktails x10 (used 3)

Saradomin Brews (4) x3 (used 3 doses)

Super Restore potion (4) x1 (used 1 dose)

This week was my first serious go at getting a Fire Cape since I've been playing and I may well still be at it without the information contained within this guide, so thanks very much, once again ;)

EDIT: I have now just read through the entire thread and have seen numerous comments regarding using both your eyes and your ears (for the Mage attack). Personally this doesn't really work for me as I sometimes have trouble distinguishing between different sounds. So, the tip from LaLa was my only real chance to get through the final fight, which I did with ease on my first attempt using the tip. The healers were not really a problem (luckily I have 99 Defense), so I just attacked them one at a time and then run around to the northern side of Italy, so they followed me and then went back to get the next one, and so on until I had all of the Healers on me and then finishing Jad off using the Mage Protect at all times apart from when he stamps worked perfectly for me.

Once again, thanks to you both =D>

Kutchek.png

@Guzo

Grats. Looking good with that cape!

Grats Kutchet :-P As for using sound and eyes. Jad¨s magic attack makes only ONE sound, and it¨s very easy to distguinsh from other sounds. Glad that Lala¨s trick works for you, i myself have never needed the use of it. Sound rocks for me :-D .

And to add, at one point Jad had sound for Ranged attack as well. The sound of his ranged attack could be heard if you were close to him. It sounded like a Bowlig ball being released onto a bowling lane.

Also, it¨s important that you try to keep trying to distguinsh Jads magic attack from other sounds. Why? Because when you get Chaotic rapier, Rune defender and Jad as task, he will die so fast with melee that you even won¨t need to deal with healers \:D/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

thank you so much for this guide. i finally got my fire cape after trying this past week and dying over 10 times lol. i tried a bunch of stupid tactics that other people recommended like: overload/turmoil rushing with d claws, melee (this was almost funny how quickly i died), running through his legs, and vengeance. in the end, i wound up beating him with just enchanted diamond bolts, drawing the healers far enough away so that they couldn't heal him and just ranging him to the end. the prayer switching practice links you posted were extremely helpful. today i actually got a fire cape for one of my best friends on RS. thanks again!!!