sexist runescape!? but...but...but.....how?

mariomascot

I don't know why some price difference gaps are so large with platelegs and plateskirts, I was pretty sure manskirts were okay in runescape. Heck, half the barrows leggings are skirts, and I see people wearing those everyday.

Honestly, a skirt on a guy in runescape is normal to me. It looks fine (although who knows, with the new graphics coming up skirts may look worse on men).

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh I don't care about male characters in skirts, why not save a few bucks.

I see alot more female characters getting flamed for "not really being a girl" or "real girls dont play Rs" or "you must be a fat ugly girl to play this game" than males getting flamed for wearing skirts.. Which is the real sexist issue, imo.

fail124.jpgfailbait.png

Fire Cape - Aug 14, 08.

coolnamefailbaitedit.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Men can wear plate-skirts, and the price is different because of the looks. They knocked down the price of the skirt because back in the day, there was Horvick. Horvick was one of the most visited NPC's in RS because he was the man that was able to switch platelegs to skirts and vice versa at no cost.

Now he was abducted and there was a price change. :wall:

It just goes to show that, though there's an age requirement, there's no IQ requirement to play RS.

kule2000rf7.jpg

Wait, my friend said he got a keylogger and lyke he coudln't type, so I assumed it messed up his hands?

I think there is sexism in real life against males, people complain about women not getting jobs, but there are certain jobs that men won't ever get without extreme bias or stima, such as a babysitter(with my looks in real life, nobody would trust me alone with their child). Men will always be considered to be violent, sex addicts who cheat and can't be trusted with children.

Anyways, on to the debate, the topic seems to have shifted to men wearing skirts rather than sexism, so I will imput onto that.I personally believe that skirts look good on male characters, they accent the muscles and, when worn with the right armor, make the character look much more strong. Take veracs for example, it looks great, especially with bright skillcapes and nobody picks on someone with veracs(mainly because they will get pwned by its uberness).

www.littlefolkspuzzlepersistentillusion.fileswww.animals-in-

k1tt3h$ f0r t3h w1ns!

It's just less females play so there is less demand for skirts and some male players don't want to be seen in a skirt.

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

I don't see why people say more guys than girls play rs... I mean is there a poll somewhere? (if so will you please link me to it?) I'm a girl and I love rs... It's just that platelegs are more popular to guys and girls.

Technically in my eyes when the price difference between legs and skirts gets big enough for soemone to notice (ie difference bewteen mith legs and skirt) the player would probably hav enough money for runescape sex change anyway.

gty12

Uh, I would assume that the lower price indicates a higher droprate, not sexism...

Besides, given that more males play rs than females, it is possible that there are actually more men wearing dragon skirts than women.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

I really think should stop seeing racism/sexism in everything. Why? Because at first, they were right to fight, but, now, they are arguing without any reason (on most subject).

The tought that RS is sexist because:

A)Mainly boys play the game:Well, sorry, but Jagex can't make a law about girls having to play RS.

B)Plateskirts, etc.:Because it has relation offer/demand then about point A).

c) Cwars armor with no skirt: I'm sure Jagex just forgot this one.

WarBlastoise.png

I'm a guy who plays a guy charachter and i'm with the kilt guys, heh, i'm from a scottish background (kinda :? ) and not only does the "kilt" let me show of me legs :roll: but i'd like to see any of you go up to a 6 foot 6 scottish man wearin a kilt and say "ur wearin a skirt yay weirdy!"

Fergo1234567.png

fergo1234567.png

Ladies and gentlemen, I present...

The Bandos thong!

bandosthong1ed3.png

SCRUMMY!

OT: I prefer NOT to wear a skirt unless it's an only option(Verac's skirt, Bandos thong etc.)

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

i don't know if anyone remembers,

but a REALLY long time ago, there used to be a guy in varrock who would change the 'gender' of the armor. like he would make legs into skirts and back again, and there was also a 'female' version of the platebodies.

it was all for free.

if they would introduce this back into the game, the legs price would DROP and the skirt price would rise a little until it found a happy medium about a quarter of the way up between skirts and legs.

Evilfish1.png

I think I'll do Baby Blacks :P

There are more players than females, a lot of male players prefer to wear platelegs. Therefore the price is higher. Nothing to do with Runescape being sexist. Demand and supply, and the amount of male players. Nothing more.

as you all know, plateskirts are the same defense, offense, fense-fense, as plate legs. correct me if im wrong. yet, the cost less, and only girls can wear them, correct me if im wrong again. doesnt that link to a sexist runescape?

does it not view that girls cant make as much money as boys? does it view that they intend runescape to be harder for males than females?

i'd like opinions please.

im a man myself, i just lie to think about these things.

plateskirts cost the same price as platelegs in stores, but they are cheaper because theres not as much of a demand for them, because runescape is mainly played by boys/men. and yes men can wear skirts, and women can wear platelegs. it's just a choice of which you'd rather wear, and which is cheaper.

It's down to looks and the fact that a majority of RS players are male. Plus, the market prices are totally controlled by the players themselves, if you want platelegs to be cheaper, simply get everyone to not buy a pair for a week, they'll drop to the price of skirts in no time.

If anyone can pull that off, i'd be impressed.