sexist runescape!? but...but...but.....how?

mariomascot

Male characters can wear skirts of any kind as you can see from other posts. The fact of the price difference is to do with popularity. Prices are affected by the what the players pay for and how many they buy.

Platelegs just look nicer; and fit with a lot of outfits. Also; the majority of players are boys.

- Rem.

::'

Please visit our forums !! Click the link!!

Register; and get posting!

CLICK! ---> http://dantay800.com/forum1/index.php <---CLICK!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skirts are for poor nubs.

/thread

You, sir, are narrow-minded. I can easily afford dragon platelegs, but why spend over 700k more for them when I can get the same protection for so much less? I'll admit, I think the legs look better, but I stopped caring about what my character looked like in, oh, 2007, so I just go with the cheaper options now. \'

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

Well, first of all, the fact you said that only girls can wear them is untrue. I myself wear a plateskirt, and the barrow brothers' armors have plateskirt. Also, remember that in the very beginning prices were determined by the players. JAGeX just went with what was most popular. The reason that they were worth less is because, back then, either less males played, or less people liked plateskirts. I am against the idea that RuneScape is a sexist game, as it is obviously not one.

r2kuft.gif

Click Here for my RSOF 99 Construction G&A thread! Post your support!

Probably because 90% of all the player characters in RS are male, so platelegs will be most in demand, and therefore the most expensive. ::'

Hammer ---hit---> Nail (Head).

More males play MMO's than females, and Runescape is no exception. Killing things with swords is generally more of a man thing. Supply and demand follow through.

By the way, I wear my Dragon Plateskirt with pride, thank-you-very-much.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

i make my character a female and wear the skirt cause it is not only cheaper and provides the same def stats but i believe d skirts are also 1kg lighter...

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

• 2 weeks later...

OP is an idiot.

The cost is all about supply and demand. Nobody wants skirts because they look ugly and make your legs all chunky. Therefore, nobody sells them, and the price goes down. Everyone wants dragon legs because they look badass. So more people want them, and people will pay any price to own something they want.

I dont use platelegs anymore and nobodys said somthing nasty to me about wearing platerskirt/elegant skirt.

I do agree that most players wear platelegs and Platelegs are heavier and cost more then they are worth.

My username is jamesrules90 NOT jimmyjames227.

897093.gif

Click here to feed me!

A nice undieable one!!!

It like paying to buy a blue partyhat instead of a green one ... They have the same bonuses (absolutely none LOL) and yet they have a different price (although the skirt weigh less and are actually better than legs!)

Either save up to buy platelegs and be a nobody in the crowd, wear a skirt and pretend you are Scottish or pay a visit to the Make-over-mage to do a little corrective surgery. Personally I've worn a plateskirt as a guy for very long and no one ever said anything about it... (Now I switched my character to a girl and it looks better to wear skirts.)

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with men wearing skirts (4 of the 6 Barrow BROTHERS wear skirts).

Men wearing dresses however ...

• 3 weeks later...

/thread

I wear my manly dragon skirt with pride. All the best armor are skirts:

Armadyl: best range attack bonus (I think?)

Bandos: Best (and only) legs with a str bonus

Kharils: Best mage def

Verac: Equal crush,stab,slash as dharok and torag (best melee def in game)

Guthan: Part of the only armor that heals you (I also own full guth)

Dragon plateskirt: Cheap, wont degrade, and is lighter then dragon platelegs

If anyone makes fun of my d skirt I equip my guthans and point out my fury and berserker ring. They shut up pretty quick.

Be a man, wear a skirt.

Also, that /thread thing is stupid, especially when you have no idea what you're talking about. Just made yourself look like an [wagon].

quit

/thread

I wear my manly dragon skirt with pride. All the best armor are skirts

#snip#

Be a man, wear a skirt.

real men wear skirts (and suspenders, stockings, lipstick, mascara....=) But if skirt sets are cheaper than leg sets in Ge and I believe there is still a mechanism to change skirts to legs, couldn't some one make a profit out of converting them? thus bringing the prices closer together?

vivimancer.png

/thread

I wear my manly dragon skirt with pride. All the best armor are skirts

#snip#

Be a man, wear a skirt.

real men wear skirts (and suspenders, stockings, lipstick, mascara....=) But if skirt sets are cheaper than leg sets in Ge and I believe there is still a mechanism to change skirts to legs, couldn't some one make a profit out of converting them? thus bringing the prices closer together?

The guy in al-karad (sp?) was taken out, I believe when rs2 was released.

quit

• 3 weeks later...
as you all know, plateskirts are the same defense, offense, fense-fense, as plate legs. correct me if im wrong. yet, the cost less, and only girls can wear them, correct me if im wrong again. doesnt that link to a sexist runescape?

does it not view that girls cant make as much money as boys? does it view that they intend runescape to be harder for males than females?

Your basis for this argument is that plate legs cost less, and that skirts are cheaper and because of that you assume that people think that women are incapable of making the same money as men?

I care to disagree. As far as I know, the prices in the Grand Exchange are changed by supply and demand. The majority of RS players are male, and thus, there is more of a demand for plate legs, and less of one for plate skirts. Thus, skirts cost less.

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

i've always worn the skirts instead of platelegs, to me the platelegs have always looked a bit goofy

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

if u want to turn the tables on the ppl who make fun of guys for wearing skirts do this:

you: "hay man im just showing my haritage."

noob: "what are u talking about noob."

you: "Im scottish stupid ever hear of William Wallace."

that tends to shut them up realy quick or they say something stupid and i use that against them.

Words are only interpertaions of opinions.

Not true. It's supply in demand. Usually for most games, RuneSCape being one of them, female gears with the same stats as the counter-part male always costs less.

I don't find a problem with that ... as a female player =D>

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

I am currently training my skiller account. I like to wear the iron plateskirt (Defense 1 at the moment) while training. The price, and it has the same defense status as the iron platelegs have.

BUT, there is a one small great/bad (my opinion is great) thing about skirts. They cause confusion to your enemies while you are playing PvP minigames. Me, as an old Wilderness PKer, have noticed that the other players tend to attack the players who are wearing platelegs.

I don't know if it's about the price (I don't believe so, iron/steel is worthless, although if they're facing a Rune Pure with platelegs, then the PKers are thinking about the cash) or about the usual pure outfit.. (pure PKers like to of course fight other pures)

But I have managed to run through Edgeville Wilderness hotspot to Black Warrior Castle (known as Castle) without being attacked. And I was wearing a Rune Skirt with a Green D'Hide Body and I was wearing a Coif, and a Rune Plateshield.

Did everyone forget that Armored Skirt was part of uniform required by Roman Legionnaire? Spartans? Highland Barbarians?

If these Romans were unmanly for wearing skirts, then isnt it even more unmanly for those enemies who lost to them in battles?

aalelaabm.jpg

The Haraguroi Club: Where Yandere Thrive for Chopping

rune skirts and legs are now the same due to pvp worlds but price demands doesn't means RS is sexist. It means the RS community has a heavy gender skew.

There are less girls so demand for the skirt prices go down. I know its only pixcels but you still want you little person to look cool which is why phats are pricey and skillcape in demand for that matter.

My IQ is 146 - Free-IQTest.net - IQ Test

darthnixon16.png

There are more male players than female players, thus there is more demand for platelegs.

Jagex are racist (We all remember the guy in the cave goblin area that was called a name that the whites used to call blacks :P) they're not sexist.

The players are sexist. How many times have you heard 'buying GF 2k' outside Lumbridge castle? :P

People in OT eat glass O_o

• 2 weeks later...

I've never heard that, but as far as I'm concerned, if a girl agrees to that request, she has no grounds to accuse the "purchaser".

I do believe that Jagex are partialy sexist (or at least inconsiderate), as when female players wear clothes, they reveal much of their body. Whether this is becuase Jagex expects male players to want to look at females in scanty armour, or because they expect females to wan to dress revealingly, it is still prejudiced.

If absolute power corrupts absolutely, where does that leave God?

I've never heard that, but as far as I'm concerned, if a girl agrees to that request, she has no grounds to accuse the "purchaser".

I do believe that Jagex are partialy sexist (or at least inconsiderate), as when female players wear clothes, they reveal much of their body. Whether this is becuase Jagex expects male players to want to look at females in scanty armour, or because they expect females to wan to dress revealingly, it is still prejudiced.

Please prove this accusation, I cannot imagine how can just having a few pixel less can be too revealing for female sprites. I have used female account and found no "revealing" clothing.

aalelaabm.jpg

The Haraguroi Club: Where Yandere Thrive for Chopping