sexist runescape!? but...but...but.....how?

mariomascot

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what? I am very pround to sport a man skirt. Both dragon and veracs. And never have I been made fun of. Now i do think all of the other skirts rune and below do look a bit strange on male characters, but i wouldn't make fun of them.

I'm sure a few guys have said this in the thread, but this is the first post containing it so.... But anyways, whenever I see a guy character in a plateskirt, I compliment him on his kilt and tell him it takes a real man to wear a skirt. Usually this is taken in the good humour it's meant - on one occasion it lead to a long and entertaining conversation about leg waxing!

Ananke32.png

male characters can wear plateskirts...

the price difference is purely because of looks, and that more players play on male accounts, from what i've seen. male accounts often are insulted for wearing plateskirts.

the price is entirely player made, not jagex-made

Only real men wear skirts into combat.

k9cpqg.jpg

You know what? I am very pround to sport a man skirt. Both dragon and veracs. And never have I been made fun of. Now i do think all of the other skirts rune and below do look a bit strange on male characters, but i wouldn't make fun of them.

I'm sure a few guys have said this in the thread, but this is the first post containing it so.... But anyways, whenever I see a guy character in a plateskirt, I compliment him on his kilt and tell him it takes a real man to wear a skirt. Usually this is taken in the good humour it's meant - on one occasion it lead to a long and entertaining conversation about leg waxing!

Nice Storyicon_thumbsu.gif

They really should make platelegs and plateskirts the same weight and price (like amulets). It's just sexist how the plateskirt is lighter than the platelegs, yet it is also cheaper.

They should give back the female chest piece as well.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I've worn a dragons skirt before (I always called it a kilt though :thumbsup:)

Players set prices, Jagex has nothing to do with it, although I do think that they should increase the drop rate of platelegs to even out the price, because of the abundance of male characters in the game.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

its not sexist its just alot of ppl dont like the style of a dragon skirt and they like the style of a dragon platelegs so they'll buy that moer often causing it to rise and since nobody wants to wear a d skirt itll stay cheap.

"does it not view that girls cant make as much money as boys? does it view that they intend runescape to be harder for males than females?"

Wtf? NO! Its just that there are more boys in the game = they need to sell the plateskirts = lots of plateskirts needed to be sold = need to be lowered.

Even if I was a boy, I would still disagree with you.

3fa4f49474.png

iAnnabelle.png

~iAnnabelle

• 3 weeks later...

In dung, the plateskirt and platelegs have severely different stats. The skirt has less of an impact to the magic attack and range attack bonus, has a lower stab, slash, and range def. bonus than the legs, and has a higher crush defense. This makes the skirt more favorable for a range tank than the legs.

xxmaryjanex.png

xxmaryjanex.png

Is this like the oldest active thread? :P

If the skirts are lighter, then why are they cheaper? Running less is more expensive? Logic?

Also this is not true for dragon armour. D legs and D skirt are equal in stats AND weight. Just legs are incredibly expensive for some reason. Dunno why, they make my thighs look fat :mellow:

I'm a man and I wear skirts just because they look awesome. Back in the days (REALLY BACK IN THE DAYS), skirt were a part of armour.

Only reason I don't have rune skirt for rune sets is because rune legs are needed for a clue and I didn't want to waste a bankslot. :P

Profins.png

specty.png