Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
fancyfrog1

Have a think about this...

Imagine if some-one trained thier fishing to around 96 or so and then started to use the barbarian method of shark fishing.

If they kept on doing it, eventually their strength levels would rise because of the 7xp you get from pulling out a shark from the water.

Now imagine this: A person with 99 strength at only 28 cb or so because they didnt train hp in the process.

A pretty cool feat if you ask me, Any1 daring enough to go and do it?! \'

Post you thoughts :mrgreen:

think of it this way. if you were to start training your str level, with gaining only 7 exp in the process they'll have to catch exactly 1,857,142 sharks. with a few genies\exam events which minuses by a few sharks. i hardly doubt anyone would have the patiences to catch this many.

Just FYI I calculated it, its 1.9 million fish pulled out of water for that...

I am going to say if the person was crazy maybe...

think of it this way. if you were to start training your str level, with gaining only 7 exp in the process they'll have to catch exactly 1,857,142 sharks. with a few genies\exam events which minuses by a few sharks. i hardly doubt anyone would have the patiences to catch this many.

1.8 mil shark, or 200 mil exp in a skill .. not a big differenmce if u ask me

who would get 200m exp by catching sharks though?

who would get 200m exp by catching sharks though?

My crystal ball is broken and I lied about my magical fairy godmother powers ::'

lets see

1.9mil sharks to get 99 str tht way

1 load of sharks takes around 10 - 15mins

so lets say 12 for the maths (rounding up all the way to nearest 1)

1.9m/28 = 67858 loads

67,858 loads * 12mins per load = 814296 minutes = 13572 hours

13,572 hours = 565 1/2 days

So ASSUMING someone played 24 hours a day 7 days a week it'd be almost 2 yrs to get 99 str tht way and this ignorwes getting the 96 fishing to begin with.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Nice calculations, reminds me of the wine pure back is RSC which used the dummies in Varrock to train Attack without raising HP.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

Or you could get your fishing up with catching leaping trout/salmon/sturgeon and bare-hand fishing tunas and swordfish on your way to 96.. That'll get a hefty chunk of exp out of the way.

And it's 11 exp for bare-hand fishing a shark.

Tuna = 8 str exp

Swordfish = 10

Shark = 11

Leaping Trout = 5 str exp

Leaping Salmon = 6

Leaping Sturgeon = 7

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Ooh that makes things a bit quicker, ut think of all the money :twisted:

It's not possible - You need 76 strength to even start fishing sharks bare-handed. And even if you were to start with the lowest bare-handed fishing possible, you'd need 35 strength.

signature8xy4.gif

Thanks to Jwrm22 for helping me with the signature :D

Have a look at my 'Land of Fakes'

Private chat ON, give me a HYT and I'll HYT you back :D

Imagine if some-one trained thier fishing to around 96 or so and then started to use the barbarian method of shark fishing.

If they kept on doing it, eventually their strength levels would rise because of the 7xp you get from pulling out a shark from the water.

Now imagine this: A person with 99 strength at only 28 cb or so because they didnt train hp in the process.

A pretty cool feat if you ask me, Any1 daring enough to go and do it?! \'

Post you thoughts :mrgreen:

My thought: Anyone who does this is off their rocker, literally.

Alex_Ewan 1.png

Goals achieved: lvl 99 Cooking, Fishing and Fletching.

Surrey CC and Liverpool FC fan for life!

Fishing without a Harpoon

One of the more impressive feats barbarians have learnt is the ability to use their own arm as bait for larger fish, and then using that same arm to wrestle the fish out of the water. It takes a bold fisherman to thrash their arm about, waiting for a shark to come close...

You need a Fishing level of 55 and a Strength level of 35 to begin Fishing without a harpoon.

From this quote taken from the Knowledge Base article on Barbarian Fishing, we see that a Strength level of 35 is needed to begin barehanded Barbarian Fishing. Secondly, the last chart in this article also states that 76 Strength is required to barehand Fish Sharks.

What you're thinking of is impossible, but I give you credit for your imagination.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

Fishing without a Harpoon

One of the more impressive feats barbarians have learnt is the ability to use their own arm as bait for larger fish, and then using that same arm to wrestle the fish out of the water. It takes a bold fisherman to thrash their arm about, waiting for a shark to come close...

You need a Fishing level of 55 and a Strength level of 35 to begin Fishing without a harpoon.

From this quote taken from the Knowledge Base article on Barbarian Fishing, we see that a Strength level of 35 is needed to begin barehanded Barbarian Fishing. Secondly, the last chart in this article also states that 76 Strength is required to barehand Fish Sharks.

What you're thinking of is impossible, but I give you credit for your imagination.

it's not impossible.... Just do genies and knowledge books till 35

1288581197250-1.jpg

Its feasable, but I have yet to see someone with the patience to do it. I mean, who pays 5 bucks a month to reach their hand into a lake of sharks for months on end until they reach 1.9million?

However, there's still the fact that even if youi don't go for 99, you can still get seriously high strength on a noob account. I mean, maybe reach for 80 or 90 strength at a very low combat. cuts off a heck of a lot of sharks from that goal. and you'll still pwn with whatever weapon you choose. imagine...

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Its feasable, but I have yet to see someone with the patience to do it. I mean, who pays 5 bucks a month to reach their hand into a lake of sharks for months on end until they reach 1.9million?

However, there's still the fact that even if youi don't go for 99, you can still get seriously high strength on a noob account. I mean, maybe reach for 80 or 90 strength at a very low combat. cuts off a heck of a lot of sharks from that goal. and you'll still pwn with whatever weapon you choose. imagine...

Actually you wouldnt.

with 1 attack you wouldn rarely hit someone with even 10 defence and black armor.

You would most likely be too busy eating because any other level 28 can hit 10's straight off the bat, if trained in the right way .

it would be a cool character to own, but a sucky character as well.

I had a wine pure with rune 2hander at level 13, i died alot due to me being level 13 with 12 hp, imagine being level 28 with 10 hp than going up against a level 25 with stats of 25 25 25 25.

Max hit with 1 attack and 99 str is only 18 i believe.

Actually you wouldnt.

with 1 attack you wouldn rarely hit someone with even 10 defence and black armor.

You would most likely be too busy eating because any other level 28 can hit 10's straight off the bat, if trained in the right way .

I had a wine pure with rune 2hander at level 13, i died alot due to me being level 13 with 12 hp, imagine being level 28 with 10 hp than going up against a level 25 with stats of 25 25 25 25.

Mage pures can hit 10 under 20 combat...

Anyways this would require so much time, its just impossible..

afbeelding4kopieae2.png

Mage pures can hit 10 under 20 combat...

Anyways this would require so much time, its just impossible..

Another very valid point of why a level 28 with 99 str only would actually suck more than own.

Assuming you could get the level, it wouldnt suck at PKing, if you got it to a decent attack / hp level, you would still be 40ish combat hitting what, 20s?

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Assuming you could get the level, it wouldnt suck at PKing, if you got it to a decent attack / hp level, you would still be 40ish combat hitting what, 20s?

So?

99 str isnt the recipe to ownage.

You would still be majorly flawed due to lack of HP points. 40 attack would mean nothing since you'd have so low hp that anybody could take you out before you even get to enjoy your 99 str.

Hitting 20's is nothing if you can only do it once every 10 times.

Actually you wouldnt.

If you didn't know there's already four 1 attack/99 strength pures. And tbh they owned the wildy while it was still around ::'

bling3.png

[blingkachi50]