Has Jagex Forced Prices up of Items that were Undervalued?

DegenerateX

Well today I headed off to the grand exchange to buy some gold bars when I noticed they were at 210 each. No problem I say to myself and scuffle off to the forums to buy them at my regular 120 each price. However all of a sudden I realize I can't buy them at that price anymore due to the "Balanced Trading Update."

Gold Bars never sold for that much during the entire existance of the grand exchange even though the Grand Exchange price is supposed to update to the "average" price it was traded at on the previous day.

Could it be that Jagex has not updated certain items to force up the prices of items they consider to be undervalued?

Consequently does this open up a door for real world traders who have stocked up on such items. For example there are several items on the grand exchange that have values of 200k even though their real worth was only 13k or so. I forget the name but I believe it was one of the obsidian items.

Now all RWT'ers would have to do is trade and since the game measures the objects value at the 200k price the Seller Can Trade 187k per item.

Do you think Jagex will realize their mistake and immidiately update their prices to reflect the real value or will they let it stew for a couple of months until it slowly gets their leaving Real World Traders with another opportunity to conduct their ill-gains until then?

Looking for someone to teach me how to Armadyl farm - pm me

10,200th Person to Achieve 99 Magic on 1/10/08

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This goes back to the issue that:

In the past before GE, coals are like 200ea. After GE, I always ask why coals are 150-160ea even theres no more mining autors now -.-

Fools!! Having Wilderness Pking back is harder than Letting camels pass through the needle's hole!!

This goes back to the issue that:

In the past before GE, coals are like 200ea. After GE, I always ask why coals are 150-160ea even theres no more mining autors now -.-

because people are impatient and kept putting their coal at the minimum price to sell faster. This of course didn't work at all because everyone tried it...

And regarding RWTers using obsidian items to sell gold... Since when did they have obsidian items?

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

If the price is that bad, I believe it'd just drop back down to the normal price, supply & demand ::'

I think that prices can only change when the item is bought/sold on the GE, so if noone buys, the price will stay the same. I'm pretty sure that noone has ever bought a cut onyx on the GE because of it's nice rounded price range.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

If the price is that bad, I believe it'd just drop back down to the normal price, supply & demand ::'

Yew longbows have been 700gp+ each ever since the Grand Exchange came out, and yew longbows were an item that was very high in demand before the update. Jagex made yew longs incredibly overpriced for some reason, and I don't think it's because they think they were undervalued. The same with steel plates, 500gp+ over priced now. Jagex is nerfing alching for some reason.

If Jagex won't fix yew long and steel plate prices, I don't see any reason why they would fix the gold bar price.

99 magic achieved on July 3rd 2008.

signaturead7.png

Yew longbows have been 700gp+ each ever since the Grand Exchange came out, and yew longbows were an item that was very high in demand before the update. Jagex made yew longs incredibly overpriced for some reason, and I don't think it's because they think they were undervalued. The same with steel plates, 500gp+ over priced now. Jagex is nerfing alching for some reason.

If Jagex won't fix yew long and steel plate prices, I don't see any reason why they would fix the gold bar price.

Like I said, they won't change because of price floors.

For most commonly alched items, the price floor is 11/12ths of the alch price.

icecube7.jpeg

Well what happened was the "Smart" RWT'ers stocked up on these "over-valued" items to be able to use them to transfer money later. While this stock is limited and can only be used for a certain amount of time until their stocks run out it's still a viable method for them as has been posted in several RWT forums (yes I peruse them from time to time).

Gold bars high alch for 210 ea. Anybody who was selling at 120 was doing you a big favor.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Gold bars high alch for 210 ea. Anybody who was selling at 120 was doing you a big favor.

Actually with the price of the nature rune your losing more money than you gain. And if you ever bought gold bars before the grand exchange update you'd know the average price was around 120.

Actually with the price of the nature rune your losing more money than you gain. And if you ever bought gold bars before the grand exchange update you'd know the average price was around 120.

\

Actually, I have always been a seller, and I never sold lower than 180.

=;

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Yes, well you know how Jagex is trying to control the amount of gp created, apparently Construction wasn't enough so by manipulating prices at the GE they can ensure many players won't high alch as much, thus minimizing the creation of gp.

In addition to this, I believe they are raising the prices of evrything else so that they wouldn't have to tweak prices so often.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

This is causing troubles for f2p crafters - u cant make yewellery and sell to alchers anymore. Sapph ammys are 495 on GEX, no way alcers would buy them. same goes for other ammys, even necklaces are out of question now. guess its back to hides then.

i used to buy gold bars around 150 ea, never even saw a seller at 200+ on forums. although cut sapphs are 200 ea now, its useless, cause u cant get ridd of saph (ort any other) yewellery. i may be missing something, cause i really lost interest in RS and havent looked around too much, so feel free to enlighten me.

Dont believe they did it intentionally, but it sure looks weird.

and yes, this is a good point - if no1 buys an item (saph ammy), its price wont change... dang, i hope it isnt so...

This is the world we live in

And these are the hands we're given

Use them and lets start trying

To make it a place worth living in

Yes, well you know how Jagex is trying to control the amount of gp created, apparently Construction wasn't enough so by manipulating prices at the GE they can ensure many players won't high alch as much, thus minimizing the creation of gp.

In addition to this, I believe they are raising the prices of evrything else so that they wouldn't have to tweak prices so often.

that's great. now tell them to get red masks back up to 40m+.

as far as i'm concerned, jagex are bound to get biased when it comes to price control. they will always adjust things to suit their own benefits no matter how hard they try not to.

:shame: :shame:

actually u can buy blue d hide bodies in ge at lowest and craft your own nats and actually MAKE money or buy bodies and nats at lowest and break even...and yes you can buy bodies at lowest i bout over 2k .... i dont know how long it took cause i was off for 2 days but i had 2,000 bodies waiting for me when i came back.....made a nice little profit with all the extra nats i had in bank too

justin500.png[spoiler=Goals.]justin500.png

justin500.png

justin500.png

[/url]

[spoiler=99's]99 strength achieved 5/27/09.

99 hitpoints achieved 9/30/09.(59,643)

99 attack achieved 11/08/09. (77,453)

99 defence achieved 1/31/10. (63,382)

99 range achieved ( sometime ago )

[spoiler=Drops]

x15 whips

x53 d boots

x3 visages

x88 g mauls

Well what happened was the "Smart" RWT'ers stocked up on these "over-valued" items to be able to use them to transfer money later. While this stock is limited and can only be used for a certain amount of time until their stocks run out it's still a viable method for them as has been posted in several RWT forums (yes I peruse them from time to time).

You have this completely backwards. They can't RWT by having a bunch of items themselves. For your plan to work, they would have to have the buyers owning the obsidian items, not the sellers. Otherwise the buyers would give money to the sellers for worthless items. And there's no way they said "Hey everyone, if you plan to buy some gold in the next few months, stock up on obsidian items!"

The pure and simple truth of the matter is:

You were NEVER meant to be able to make large gp profits buy simple buying in certain items and alch runes. Alching was only meant to be profitable if you made everything yourself, and this was the case a few years ago.

The thing is so many people flooded certain resource markets that prices crashed way to far and this stupidly easily money maker opened to the masses.

All Jagex has done with thier price floors is ensure that you can no longer make big profit alongside mage xp by merely buying products. Now once more if you want the profit you have to make at the very least the item you are alching.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You were NEVER meant to be able to make large gp profits buy simple buying in certain items and alch runes. Alching was only meant to be profitable if you made everything yourself, and this was the case a few years ago.

The thing is so many people flooded certain resource markets that prices crashed way to far and this stupidly easily money maker opened to the masses.

All Jagex has done with thier price floors is ensure that you can no longer make big profit alongside mage xp by merely buying products. Now once more if you want the profit you have to make at the very least the item you are alching.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner. Exactly how it was.

Why is he right? All skills, if you don't do every aspect of raising that skill, will cost money. If you don't craft nats yourself, and you don't mine the iron and coal to make steel bars yourself, you're not gonna make a profit if you superheat and sell on the ge. Experience costs money. Look at cooked vs. raw food. Isn't it cheaper to buy alrdy cooked? That's because the experience is added into the cost. If you buy raw food for more money, you're buying experience points!

~WSW~

You have this completely backwards. They can't RWT by having a bunch of items themselves. For your plan to work, they would have to have the buyers owning the obsidian items, not the sellers. Otherwise the buyers would give money to the sellers for worthless items. And there's no way they said "Hey everyone, if you plan to buy some gold in the next few months, stock up on obsidian items!"

Any way is a way for a RWT'er, and what stops them from saying that? besides, Alching was way too easy money for no effort, there was even auto alchers. there's other things you can alch out there that takes less effort to make.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner. Exactly how it was.

Why is he right? All skills, if you don't do every aspect of raising that skill, will cost money. If you don't craft nats yourself, and you don't mine the iron and coal to make steel bars yourself, you're not gonna make a profit if you superheat and sell on the ge. Experience costs money. Look at cooked vs. raw food. Isn't it cheaper to buy alrdy cooked? That's because the experience is added into the cost. If you buy raw food for more money, you're buying experience points!

~WSW~

Exactly. Experience has a value too, so an 'unprocessed' item will also include the cost of the potential experience it can provide. If it's the case that the experience itself is in higher demand than the actual finished product, you will make a loss. That's probably the biggest difference between the Gielinorian Economy and a real life economy. The potential experience is more highly valued than the effort put into processing, in most cases.

~ W ~

sigzi.png