What are your views on a Runescape Girlfriend/Boyfriend?

Knitewulf

i got 5 words for this: "dateline: to catch a predator"

3 words > 5:

You Are Paranoid. If you do meet this person irl, meet them in a park or something at noon. Not like they can kidnap u in front of a crowd :wall:

Really nothing wrong with it if it's a genuine friendship, because even if it's through an online game, the human contact is there.
newsigac5.png

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong. Having relationships on here is wrong. Its not like you will ever meet it is not date for marige and If you want a reltionship like this just join some stupid cybering site.

In fact, I do have some pancake mix.

2ic8sw5.png

• 1 month later...

HAHAHA an online virtual girlfriend wh oyou have never met....not for me ! fair enough but remember you love a pile of pixels with some stats ! and where the loving? !! lol

Lameo3.png

Joined RS Dec 24th 2004.

99 Hunter 14.08.09 10084th

99 Cooking 17.06.11 188188th

<< Drum and Bass

• 2 weeks later...
If you have a Girlfriend/Boyfriend on Runescape, of all places, you're a loser.

That, is an opinion on YOUR part. Having a relationship on Runescape does not automatically qualify a person to be a loser. We all know that human are - what people call - the social animal. Sounds wrong but it's true. We're unique amongst the rest of the living things roaming on earth because we have the ability to communicate well with each other. Sometimes, this mutual relationship through communication expands so greatly that "love" happens. However, I'm not saying that it's good to have a relationship on Runescape. We all know that everyone that we see in Runescape are just pixels. Behind the pixels is a human. And.. We all know that some people act differently in real life and in games. Some appear to be kind and understanding in the game but are like devils in the real world.

I feel that even if we do know the person well enough in Runescape( or so we THINK), a relationship is definitely a no-no.

Devils in disguise xD.

MSSW4Banner.gif

speedquick.png

having relationships with people over the internet is fine by me, to a certain extent. If anyone ever starts to have a 'loving' relationship and you are asked to meet them irl, either: a.) tell them no, because you do not want to, b.) if you actually want to meet this person, bring at least a friend or parent/older sibling/guardian, who can watch things from a distance. That may sound sad, but i think that being watched over, whilst meeting someone, is a lot better than being kid napped without anyone knowing about it.

i do not however condone meeting people over the internet, i am simply telling you that someone who is more mature, or a mate should come with you (not this is directed at those younger people 15-, who wont be able to defend themselves against a grown man). I would also not suggest giving out your phone number, if you are a child, because you could get disturbing texts/calls, and the person may pass your number on to third parties, making your life even worse.

i know loads of people on rs, who i have relationships with, i even know the part of new york, that two people i know over rs, live in. But am i gonna go there? Hell no. apart from living in britain, if i actually met them, i may well hate their guts because they are a**holes in real life.

I agree that sometimes people can have good relationships after meeting on rs, but usually that happens to adults only, as an adult is more likely to know what to do etc. Children should not look for love over the internet, because of all the sick people out there. despite probably being underage (older readers will know what i am referencing to), you are vulnerable, even if you wont like to admit it.

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

I agree with many other posters on this thread that these sorts of relationships require a bit of caution if the subject of your new found love is a complete stranger. Of course, love in any way you find it is always a wonderful thing, that cannot be undermined. But be aware if you take the step and meet up in real life - which you may only do if you are a grown up adult and know what you are doing.

In case you do, do this on a neutral place, like a café or other public space if you risk it at all. In most cases, people are honest and genuine and mean well, but those few who aren't could get you in massive trouble and that's why you need to be cautious especially while you are up in the pink fluffy clouds of love. :)

So don't give out your personal details to someone on the internet, ever. If you do arrange meeting someone you do not know in real life, keep it anonymous and arrange it like as if it was a blind date.

I myself have a girlfriend on Runescape, but I guess she doesn't count in that way as we met and had a relationship in real life quite a while before we started playing Runescape together. (You could read about it in my blog if you are curious. Click my signature.) We play Runescape as a way to enhance our relationship while we are away from each other. <3:

If any of you have a runescape relationship who read this, I wish you good luck and happy scaping! ;)

BlogofGlorySignatureFixed.gif

I think it's just an excuse for not being able to get a real girlfriend. It's kinda sad in my opinion.

Playing for 4 years with only 3 drag drops. most amount of cash ever had: 15m :P

Something tells me im not very good at this game...

Picture1.png

Dragon Drops: 2 D skirt, 1 D med

Barrow Drops:1 Dh helm, 1 Guthan's body.

253+ quest points and counting :)

Click here to be a good person!

• 3 weeks later...

I dont mind it, i know people who have got married after meeting in a game, some kids aren't social gods and find it hard to find a bf/gf, while online its much easier, althought when anyone hits on me it's lame

I'm at Karamja ranging lessers... if I don't kill him in time people run underneath my foe and steel my arrows. Why! Have some decency and let me finish off the monster and get my arrows that I earned you PIG! Otherwise i have to run out to grab my arrows, get hit, and go back.. and guess what!, by then they stole my lesser! BASTARD!

100% P2P

hmm this is interesting....i have several very good friends that i have met on rs, and i trust them with a lot

However, i find that people behave differently when behind a screen...i have noticed this with irl friends playing rs too...

so if you are really in a serious relationship, you will undoubtedly need to meet them irl some time, and you may find them to be quite different then what you expect(and i mean this personality wise, not looks)

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I dont mind it, i know people who have got married after meeting in a game, some kids aren't social gods and find it hard to find a bf/gf, while online its much easier, althought when anyone hits on me it's lame

If an online relationship turns into an RL relationship, it isn't quite an online relationship anymore. Ofcourse it's possible to meet people you've met online and develop a relationship with them, but that's different from a relationship that exists purely online.

Well online the general rule is, everyone is a boy, i've had friends who trusted "girls" and gave them stuff, bought them things online etc. Only to find out it's a guy. I'd never have a purely online relationship and think it's pathetic myself

I'm at Karamja ranging lessers... if I don't kill him in time people run underneath my foe and steel my arrows. Why! Have some decency and let me finish off the monster and get my arrows that I earned you PIG! Otherwise i have to run out to grab my arrows, get hit, and go back.. and guess what!, by then they stole my lesser! BASTARD!

100% P2P

• 2 weeks later...

its wrong in my eyes. its the internet. u know nothing of them. for all u know it could just be a 80yr old horny guy ...

besides u said that its personality not looks. u and i and every tifer here knows that that is bs. ur saying u would have a gf that is butugly but has a good personality. dont get me started...

This is a qualified answer...

If you dont know the person, except on RS, then not only is a relationship wrong, it can also be dangerous. That GF could be someone like wacko jacko luring u to neverland ranch. But, if its someone u know in real life, and RS just helps you express yourself, then I say go for it! Its a great way to enhance a relationship

I myself have a girlfriend on Runescape, but I guess she doesn't count in that way as we met and had a relationship in real life quite a while before we started playing Runescape together. (You could read about it in my blog if you are curious. Click my signature.) We play Runescape as a way to enhance our relationship while we are away from each other. <3:

This is exactly as it should be.Couples who Dont see eachother as often as they want to , or couples who want to do things together.

Online games are probably the worst place to start dating, Some popular known site's , that are actually used to find a partner, should be used,Altough i dont really aprove internet dating. Yes there are some predators and people with play with your feelings, I dont see how starting a relationship on the web is really diffrent from real-life, You've got to be careful though while dating on the web.

the human contact is there.

Also dating on a online game, where there is real Contact instead of "be my gf pl00xors", where actually some people could learn about dating, and be more ready the next time they meet somebody "in real-life" instead of the web.

• 3 weeks later...
besides u said that its personality not looks. u and i and every tifer here knows that that is bs. ur saying u would have a gf that is butugly but has a good personality. dont get me started...

"Love is blind," as the saying goes.

---

While dating someone on RuneScape, or online in general for that matter, isn't my cup-o-tea, I don't really see the problem with it. Although, relationships in real life, where you can see the person face-to-face, are hard enough! Just imagine trying to have a successful, lasting romantic relationship without actually getting to interact with the other person! Hard work!

Although none of them have been romantic ones, the closest friends in my life are people I met online seven years ago. They're all like family to me, and although we haven't met or seen each other, we each play such a huge part in each other's lives!

I don't see why this can't apply to a romantic relationship online.

Although RS has enough drama as it is without throwing love into the mix! :twss:

Edit:

Although, I must say, the entire "Press 123 for a gf/bf" and "Looking for a gf/bf" is complete bullocks.

I'm talking about actually meeting someone in RuneScape, starting a friendship in the game, getting to know each other for a long period of time, and then starting to deepen the relationship.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

My view of this is similar to most peoples, that it is both wrong and potentially dangerous.

In my eyes, any relationship made online should stay there. I have made friends on RS and I value those, but I would never consider meeting those people in real life.

The truth is, no matter what, you can not know for sure who the person you are talking to is. Whether they are male or female, or how old they are.

I understand, and think that it is nice that a relationship on here is based on personality, but that can be true of any real life relationship. I don't really agree that you can love someone, or truly understand them if you have only spoken online. The lack of any kind of physical relationship, for me, takes away a large part of what an adult relationship is.

I would never have an online relationship and think that in some ways it is a little sad. The only thing that stops me from ranting at people who say "i love you" to each other in-game is the point that they may well know each other IRL.

My advice is steer clear of anyone who wants a relationship online, and give your reasons. Please, please, please remember that you CANNOT know who these people are. And I urge you all to heed police warnings that say NEVER meet anyone in person that you know from an online game and if you really really feel that you have to, then take friends with you.

My view of this is similar to most peoples, that it is both wrong and potentially dangerous.

In my eyes, any relationship made online should stay there. I have made friends on RS and I value those, but I would never consider meeting those people in real life.

The truth is, no matter what, you can not know for sure who the person you are talking to is. Whether they are male or female, or how old they are.

I understand, and think that it is nice that a relationship on here is based on personality, but that can be true of any real life relationship. I don't really agree that you can love someone, or truly understand them if you have only spoken online. The lack of any kind of physical relationship, for me, takes away a large part of what an adult relationship is.

I would never have an online relationship and think that in some ways it is a little sad. The only thing that stops me from ranting at people who say "i love you" to each other in-game is the point that they may well know each other IRL.

My advice is steer clear of anyone who wants a relationship online, and give your reasons. Please, please, please remember that you CANNOT know who these people are. And I urge you all to heed police warnings that say NEVER meet anyone in person that you know from an online game and if you really really feel that you have to, then take friends with you.

I think the dating being spoken about at the beginning of the topic was strictly online...

I think most people here would agree with you in saying that you never really know who a person is that you've only met online. But I wouldn't go as far as to think that all of my friends online are serial killers :x. I would have no problem with meeting any of them in real life (Just my thoughts).

But as far as "dating" someone online in RuneScape (always skilling with them, hanging out in your PoH together, going on dragon hunts, etc.) and having a relationship strictly in-game... how do you feel about that?

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

I think the dating being spoken about at the beginning of the topic was strictly online...

I think most people here would agree with you in saying that you never really know who a person is that you've only met online. But I wouldn't go as far as to think that all of my friends online are serial killers :x. I would have no problem with meeting any of them in real life (Just my thoughts).

But as far as "dating" someone online in RuneScape (always skilling with them, hanging out in your PoH together, going on dragon hunts, etc.) and having a relationship strictly in-game... how do you feel about that?

Yeah, I understand that the dating being referred to was online. However, taking that as an argument, I would say that it is not really a relationship if it stays online. I was assuming that as the OP commented that he "loved" his online gf, presumably the suggestion was that it would move from purely being online

Secondly, I was certainly in no way suggesting that I assume everyone I meet online, to be a serial killer or 60 year old bloke. However, you have to accept that there are people out there that pretend to be somebody that they are not, for perverse purposes. It's a horrible thing to consider - but it happens.

I have good friendships online as i say, but would still urge people - particularly younger children, or teenagers to careful if they felt that they wanted to meet their online friends. Perhaps talk it through with parents or take friends with you.

Back to the thought of relationships, you can be sure that you have one thing in common if you are both playing the game, but simply talking online cannot constitute a loving, caring and most importantly - grown up, relationship.

Speaking as someone who is in a rl relationship, as of course many people are, i know full well that i couldn't have got the same out of an online relationship.

Yeah, I understand that the dating being referred to was online. However, taking that as an argument, I would say that it is not really a relationship if it stays online. I was assuming that as the OP commented that he "loved" his online gf, presumably the suggestion was that it would move from purely being online

Secondly, I was certainly in no way suggesting that I assume everyone I meet online, to be a serial killer or 60 year old bloke. However, you have to accept that there are people out there that pretend to be somebody that they are not, for perverse purposes. It's a horrible thing to consider - but it happens.

I have good friendships online as i say, but would still urge people - particularly younger children, or teenagers to careful if they felt that they wanted to meet their online friends. Perhaps talk it through with parents or take friends with you.

Back to the thought of relationships, you can be sure that you have one thing in common if you are both playing the game, but simply talking online cannot constitute a loving, caring and most importantly - grown up, relationship.

Speaking as someone who is in a rl relationship, as of course many people are, i know full well that i couldn't have got the same out of an online relationship.

Firstly, just for clarification, I didn't mean to imply that you thought everyone you met online was a serial killer! - those are 100% strictly my words. Sorry for the mix-up! :D

I suppose the whole thing is just a matter of opinion! You have to consider: my relationship with my mother is totally different than my relationship with my best friend, but no one can argue that they are not both relationships, no matter what packaging they come in. Is an online, romantic relationship any different? Just because it doesn't act, look, feel, or talk like an "in real life" relationship certainly doesn't mean it isn't a valid relationship.

What constitutes a loving, caring, and grown up relationship anyway? Being able to touch the person and to actually see them, face-to-face? That to me just defines a physical relationship. I don't think it has anything to do with maturity or "real-ness." (After all, just because it's an online relationship, it certainly doesn't mean it's going to be as fake and forced as a typical high school "Will you go out with me?" / "Sure!" / "Cool - now we're dating." relationship is.) And no doubt countless grown up relationships have the same, and if not more and worse, issues than a relationship in-game could have...

And again, I think it's just a matter of opinions and people - my online friendships (although in no way, shape, or form romantic) have turned out to be far more beneficial and life-affecting than my past, real life romantic relationship. The whole real life ordeal I would just prefer to forget about and leave in the past!

I also agree that not everyone, especially younger people, should go out and meet everyone they met online. The views about this I expressed were just that: views, not suggestions or advice. I suppose it's just because I'm older now, and that I'm comfortable enough with myself to know that I won't put myself into dangerous situations.

Don't mean to argue or banter or to keep fueling the fire! I hope I'm not coming off as argumentative - I totally see (and agree with most) of your side of the matter!

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png