Boy Scout saves life of Maldives President

Ambassadar

Dude, I hate how people think Boy Scouts are gay and we sell milk and cookies.

First off, to all you idiots who think we're stupid, we sell popcorn, not cookies. That's the girlscouts.

Second, we do a lot of crazy crap. We camp in random spots. We went to a canyon once and camped there. It rocked.

Third, we learn how to use guns, learn to use a pocketknife, and many other things for survival if we ever get lost in the wilderness.

I know the author of this thread did not say anything harsh about Boy Scouts, I posted this for anyone who will post stupid crap about them later.

Anyway, Be Prepared. Really, not just for scouts, but for normal people too. Worse stuff happens all around the US and Scouts are there to help. One scout in the US saved everybody from an overturned bus. One stopped an individual from choking to death.

To all you guys who hate Boy Scouts, kiss my [wagon], and if you don't stand behind us, stand in front of us during our rifle training.

First off, to all you idiots who think we're stupid, we sell popcorn, not cookies. That's the girlscouts.

Second, we do a lot of crazy crap. We camp in random spots. We went to a canyon once and camped there. It rocked.

Third, we learn how to use guns, learn to use a pocketknife, and many other things for survival if we ever get lost in the wilderness.

I know the author of this thread did not say anything harsh about Boy Scouts, I posted this for anyone who will post stupid crap about them later.

Anyway, Be Prepared. Really, not just for scouts, but for normal people too. Worse stuff happens all around the US and Scouts are there to help. One scout in the US saved everybody from an overturned bus. One stopped an individual from choking to death.

To all you guys who hate Boy Scouts, kiss my [wagon], and if you don't stand behind us, stand in front of us during our rifle training.

what rank are you? I'm doing my eagle project know :) . My counselour at scout summer camp made me a special badge for knife throwing. we were hiking in a group and me, him and a couple other kids lagged behing because someone needed to take a breather. While we were waiting he just pulls out a huge knife, gives us the :-$ sign and chucks it into the tree nearby. I pulled out three wimpy knives and made a triangle around his =P. he called me a "showoffy asshat" and then later he just gave me this crappy piece of cardboard with knife throwing written on it.

sonerohi.gifimage,p0wn,orange,lblue.png

I can't finish Scouts because my troop is closing down. The nearest one is atleast 15 miles away from my place and I don't want to have my parents waste their time driving. I just don't.

I feel embarrassed because I never made it over Tenderfoot.

Its a shame they didn't give the boy more media coverage. They basically just said "he stoped the knife, was cut, complained about not moving his fingers, and went to the hospital"

Woop de doo, thank you media for not showing any honor to the boy who saved a mans life.

Either way, I congradulate the boy and hope he gets a medal or something :)

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

Powman, no need to fly off the handle there, in my experience there aren't a whole lot of people who hate Boy Scouts. If they do, they're idiots. Having Eagle rank starts you off a rank above evryone else in the Army, and looks pretty impressive on any resume, not to mention all the valuable skills you learn.

Me, I'm three required MB's and a project away from Eagle :D .

Kudos to this kid for stoppng the knife, and let's not belittle his achievement with claims that anyone would do it. That's needlessly taking away from some positive publicity that the Boy Scouts deserve.

p2gq.jpg

I couldn't. I was too busy practicing in football.

That's what happened with me in Boy Scouts. I made it to Star but sports became too big a time commitment for me to continue. We did some awesome trips. We went to Yellowstone, the Grand Tetons, was in a raft race down a river where we built our own rafts, did a camping trip once a month, stayed at a US military base camping on the beach and got to tour some hangers where they were working on helicopters, saw the Blue Angels, rock climbed, shot bows and arrows, etc etc. Scouts was awesome.

We had so many near death experiences as well hehe. Mothers would freak out if they realized.

Ambassadar.png

That is very brave. I'm an Eagle scout and I probably wouldn't have had the presence of mind to try to stop an assassination attempt on someone.

I also agree that there are too many people who bash people who are members of Boy Scouts. I know that I've learned valuable lessons and that achieving Eagle will definitely help me when I start applying for co-ops in the next year of so. Sports can get in the way in later years, but the modern Eagle rank has been watered down from what it used to be. It used to require a full commitment ad it was expected that it wouldn't be earned until the candidate was about 16 or 17 at the earliest. Now it isn't completely uncommon to see 14 and 15 year old Eagles. I actually planned on not only completing the requirements for Eagle in the present day, but also from my dad's book (1965-ish), but it was just too difficult to find all of the old requirements let alone complete them.

What the heck where the security guards doing at that time then?

Well done for the boy but I would sack them guards now

they dont have security guards they have boy scouts

Did you know, the Boy Scouts are something like the seventh line of defense for the US, after the National Guard :lol: .

p2gq.jpg

Third, we learn how to use guns,

Oooo...I respect you so much more now :roll:

Seriously, you guys should start selling cookies aswell. We'd like you alot more :P

Oh....and sew your shorts longer next time :P

Kudos to that kid......I would've just tackled the guy :shock:

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

You should. Every Boy Scout who learns how to use a gun properly means one less idiot and potential threat who doesn't.

Seriously, you guys should start selling cookies aswell. We'd like you alot more :P

No. And what do you have against Boy Scouts in the first place?

The Boy Scouts have been around for a long time. When they were founded, that was the most common length for men's shorts. Styles change, but the BS have not.

I hate them and never wear them anyway, most Scouts don't except for very formal occasions.

That kid was a Boy Scout.

This is the sort of senseless dislike that the Boy Scouts don't need nor deserve. So the organization isn't your cup of tea - fine, but that doesn't make us lower than you.

p2gq.jpg

what rank are you? I'm doing my eagle project know :) . My counselour at scout summer camp made me a special badge for knife throwing. we were hiking in a group and me, him and a couple other kids lagged behing because someone needed to take a breather. While we were waiting he just pulls out a huge knife, gives us the :-$ sign and chucks it into the tree nearby. I pulled out three wimpy knives and made a triangle around his =P. he called me a "showoffy asshat" and then later he just gave me this crappy piece of cardboard with knife throwing written on it.

Powman is an emo boyscout apparently.

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

Powman is an emo boyscout apparently.

or just constantly pissy.. but my crappy cardboard piece and promotion from first class to "showoffy asshat" was talked about for several weeks..

sonerohi.gifimage,p0wn,orange,lblue.png

[hide]

You should. Every Boy Scout who learns how to use a gun properly means one less idiot and potential threat who doesn't.

No. And what do you have against Boy Scouts in the first place?

The Boy Scouts have been around for a long time. When they were founded, that was the most common length for men's shorts. Styles change, but the BS have not.

I hate them and never wear them anyway, most Scouts don't except for very formal occasions.

That kid was a Boy Scout.

This is the sort of senseless dislike that the Boy Scouts don't need nor deserve. So the organization isn't your cup of tea - fine, but that doesn't make us lower than you.

[/hide]

Ok, I have absolutely nothing against boyscouts. I'm just messing around. (Although the gun thing did set me off...I absolutely hate people who wave around that they can use a gun)

I apologize for the shorts comment, that was uncalled for.

And yes, I know the kid who saved the dude was a boyscout. :roll:

And the cookie comment was serious. :wink: (no j/k)

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

Get your cookies from girlscouts, boyscouts sell popcorn.

I was in boyscouts when I was younger, I never cared for it that much so I ended up quitting after a few years. Its funny because many of the rest of my troup that stayed in it ended up on drugs and dropped out of school.

crim2ma.jpg

~^v^~Ex-Leader of the Divine Flames of Redemption~^v^~