The oldest rl player?

upthebanner

My runescape character is 110 + combat and I am 45 years old. Am I the oldest high level character ? I think in his interview Syzygy mentioned he was 44.

I hope that there are plenty as I will then be able to point out the replies to my wife and maybe quieten her down for a while.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 years here...

Then i know 1 guy near your age (RSN: Swimuk ), i not sure how much he old at moment because know him few years but is like ~43-44 i think, character him was about 90 combat and another familar then your age person played rs for a while too (RSN: Agas ), but then leaved it already something like 2 years ago..

Suggestion: You can use Anchor on Waterfiends - is cheap if to compare to GS & effective with crush attack & it hit like Whip.

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

You're certainly not alone there.. I have several friends in their mid to late thirties that regularly play. I'm only 21 myself, but 90% of my friends are long out of school/college. I've heard of a few 60+ players too.

P.S. Get your wife hooked too :thumbsup:

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

One of my best friends on rs was over 60, 68 i think. He quit though but im also friends with his grandson lol.

Although this game is mainly populated by kids i would much prefer it to be 18+ even though im a mature 15 year old.

Also i think age shouldnt matter when you play the game aslong as your not avoiding censors. You play to enjoy it. Whether your 15 years old or 75 you still play the game and enjoy it.

I have a step daughter who has a child so I am a sorta Grandfather.

The wife hates computer games,playstations,gameboys etc so no chance of getting her hooked.

Few years ago i remember lost my girl because very serious 8 months played Silkroad (on my avatar is one from my characters picture) like i remember i had own clan :) & etc... is like result of it: http://dev.aiva.lt/games/Silkroad/now.jpg

Actually i think then all womans hate computers :) that girl was paranoic not only because i play but because i working with computer too :)

BTW: here more my own screenshots from diferent games: http://dev.aiva.lt/games/ if somebody have nothing to do :)

Suggestion: You can use Anchor on Waterfiends - is cheap if to compare to GS & effective with crush attack & it hit like Whip.

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

I'm 41 ...a wife and mother of 2 ...and combat lvl 86. It's great to know I'm not the oldest. I have to laugh when guy characters come up to me and ask if I want to be their gf ...I usually say no, but I could probably be your mother :lol:

mak_1027.png

Nice too see there are some other oldies out there :D

I'm 36 and have a CB of 104, been playing for about 2 1/2 years

My wife also hates computer games, even a wii didn't interest her - oh well never mind. She is very tolerant of me playing but I only get a chance in the evenings as work's firewall is very efficient.

Also slightly supprised that there was someone else who is a step grandad - I have to say it comes as a bit of a shock when you are still in your thirties, but that modern life I guess

Xxxxzedxxxx.gif

I am here to represent the teenage crowd. I am 17. I feel that there is a large separation in the ages of rs players. They seem to be largely 10-14 and 25+. I feel that other MMORPGs have successfully hooked the 15-24 age group since WoW seems to target that market. Most of my friends play WoW even though most have tried rs.

nopheo.png

Nopheo.png

Hey, I am 24, I know people who play in their 50's - 60's, us oldies are not alone!!! <3:

Old 'Scaper - returned * Former TET Leader * Council of Elders Member * Confirmed Scaredy Cat * Mother of 6 * Quester * Friend to many

saskia_snow.png

I have a step daughter who has a child so I am a sorta Grandfather.

The wife hates computer games,playstations,gameboys etc so no chance of getting her hooked.

Few years ago i remember lost my girl because very serious 8 months played Silkroad (on my avatar is one from my characters picture) like i remember i had own clan :) & etc... is like result of it: http://dev.aiva.lt/games/Silkroad/now.jpg

Actually i think then all womans hate computers :) that girl was paranoic not only because i play but because i working with computer too :)

BTW: here more my own screenshots from diferent games: http://dev.aiva.lt/games/ if somebody have nothing to do :)

My wife hates video games in general. However, since I got the laptop she hasn't had as much of a problem. I can still communicate with her, and I don't play much unless the kids are getting ready for bed and some on the weekends.

I still try to balance everything. Runescape is one of the things that I do for fun.

Oh, by the way, I am only 29. I never thought I would post something in this forum where I actually said "only 29."

felter_laur.png

27 here and combat lvl 90. Been playing since I was 20, on and off. But i have a few online rs friends that are in their 30's or so. It would be cool if there was some online spot where all the older players could go to meet. It's much different having a conversation with an older player than one who is in their teens. (no offense intended)

"it's frustrating when you know all the answers, but no one bothers to ask you the questions"

lostdreamer3.png

lol, it looks like im the youngest player. Im only 13 :D

I didn't know there were so much 'older' people :D My oldest friend is only 23. It can be that there are older friends, but don't know their age.

~cheers

koelegast.png

Koelegast.png

108 cmb-1550+ total lvl-barrower 4 life-dutch