Westboro Baptist Church-"God Hates Fags"

bongo_man

Christianity is probably the most slandered and criticized religion in the world.

Yeah, I have to agree with that [at least modern day]. The one thing I probably hate the most is how all the "open minded liberals" of the world are open to every religion... except Christianity. If you open liberal newspapers and magazines such as the New York Times, the Rolling Stone, or Time, you will probably hear Christianity being criticized, as if it is not even a faith but some ignorant cult. However, if anyone dared pass a comment about Islam, the ethics police would be on them in seconds. Nothing pisses me off more than that, and I'm not even Christian.

Sure, Islam does get slandered, but it's mostly by 13 year old kids who think that all Muslims are terrorists and he war in Iraq is the best thing since sliced bread. No one in the "liberal intellectual ethics community" would ever slander Islam. It would result in an immediate firing and articles [complaints] by Muslim authors for the next six months about how their religion is always slandered and how much difficulty they have in life. It's like when Imus passed a racial comment, America couldn't shut up about it for weeks.

Don't get me wrong; I'm strongly against prejudice comments, I just think it's extremely stupid how the ethics police operate. Yes, people should get in trouble, apologize publicly, and get fired. I don't think we need incessant complaining about it.

happiehour.jpeg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Religion causes problems, but not only will there always be war, but taking away religion demeans humans and their right to freedom.

Animals have it so easy (not including us killing them), mind-wise, although we have the ability to comprehend things much better than animals, and hate and war comes with that ability. At the end of the day, you can't make more rules against them and their beliefs, you have to preserve their right at freedom and just hope that they'll see right from wrong. And this view causes plenty of violence and hurt feelings, no doubt, but that's what it takes. Hopefully it'll kick in soon.

Christianity is probably the most slandered and criticized religion in the world.

Yeah, I have to agree with that [at least modern day]. The one thing I probably hate the most is how all the "open minded liberals" of the world are open to every religion... except Christianity. If you open liberal newspapers and magazines such as the New York Times, the Rolling Stone, or Time, you will probably hear Christianity being criticized, as if it is not even a faith but some ignorant cult. However, if anyone dared pass a comment about Islam, the ethics police would be on them in seconds. Nothing pisses me off more than that, and I'm not even Christian.

Sure, Islam does get slandered, but it's mostly by 13 year old kids who think that all Muslims are terrorists and he war in Iraq is the best thing since sliced bread. No one in the "liberal intellectual ethics community" would ever slander Islam. It would result in an immediate firing and articles [complaints] by Muslim authors for the next six months about how their religion is always slandered and how much difficulty they have in life. It's like when Imus passed a racial comment, America couldn't shut up about it for weeks.

Don't get me wrong; I'm strongly against prejudice comments, I just think it's extremely stupid how the ethics police operate. Yes, people should get in trouble, apologize publicly, and get fired. I don't think we need incessant complaining about it.

I agree.

It's no real excuse but it's probably due to Christianity being the dominant religion there. I just think people who criticise one faith ad nauseum and cover the rest with a golden blaket suffer from narrow mindedness. Or it could just be that criticising Christianity and crying 'discrimination' against criticising the rest is the new band wagon to jump on.

Let me repeat something I said a while back either on this thread or another one about people crusading against gays:

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

*throws*

"Got him, Dad."

You score an extra man point for the quick Simpsons reference.

I'm really not going to bother with either side of the argument here. The Westboro Baptist Church is a lunatic fringe group at best, with very little influence on the larger picture. At the same time, I'm amused by the persecution complex some people here seem to have.

A sin is a sin according to the bible and it always says God loves everyone he just doesn't agree what they do..But really if I was God i'd hate [bleep]s but I don't believe he does hate the morons.

Dude, you don't make any sense.

Personally, these guys can stop wasting their time and actually hold services like a REAL church does. God doesn't care if you're gay or straight or bi. I'll be friends with anyone of any orientation. Don't matter.

God does care if you're straight, gay or bi. Assuming you believe in the Christian/Jewish God.

"Do not lie with a woman as one lies with another man. That is detestable."-Leviticus 18:22

Meh.

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

"Do not lie with a woman as one lies with another man. That is detestable."-Leviticus 18:22

Meh.

This is the main problem I have with quoting Leviticus in a modern context.

"Don't let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't have a variety of crops on the same field. (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed. (Leviticus 20:9) Have you ever done that?

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die. (Leviticus 20:10). I wonder if Dr. Laura would like that one to be enforced?

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death. (Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death. (Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed. (Leviticus 20:15-16). I guess you should kill the animal since they were willing participants. Are they crazy?

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death. (Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a [bleep], she is to be burnt at the stake. (Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community. (Leviticus 24:14-16)"

EDIT: forgot to cite http://biblebabble.curbjaw.com/laws.htm