Finals Exams - Your experiences/strategies?

Kill_Thomas9

I cringe at the thought of even halfway following some of the 'hit the bunkers!' plans that people dish out. My exams start Wednesday and go two a day through Friday (although Java started today, completley forgot about that) and I'm just now starting to review for my Wed. exams. Since I have the rest of the day off after exams finish at 11 AM, I study for the next day's tests. I've followed this pattern for every exam week, and the only one I've ever gotten below 90% on was Math, but I fail at all Math bar Geometry anyway.

Are exams seriously such a huge deal that people actually follow those multiple-week nose-rubbing study plans? The most I've ever studied was for a few days, maybe the week leading up to my first freshman exams, as I didn't know what to expect.

p2gq.jpg

Pfft, I don't even know my schedule right now N0M, let alone studied for any of my exams :lol: .

Senioritis ftw. I'm in my university and now I couldn't care less ::' .

[Though, I generally in the past have studied less than N0M even with Senioritis further lessening my drive; I've always studied merely the day before each exam. Seriously guys, school isn't as important as this.]

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Reb, the only reason I know my schedule is those helpful teachers :lol: . They always have the day of their subject's exam on the board. They also insist on spending the two frankly pointless days before exams reviewing, so that's even less I have to do ::' .

p2gq.jpg

in reply to frogmann2:

Great advice. I'll be sure to follow a lot of it. And yah, breakfast is very important come test day.

IF there standardized test then dont forget that each letter has an equal amount as the others (EX: 100 questions A-25 B-25 C-25 D-25) (I have no idea if anyone else has mentioned this , but oh well -.- )

I have found the the answer is more often C than the other three (A-23%, B-23%, C-31%, D-23%). But my physics teacher likes to do things the opposite of other teachers, so he'll probably have all the questions average out to 25% each letter.

woot! biology module this afternoon! fun fun fun -.- .

still, its easy enough, 45 minute paper, no seriously taxing questions, I'll find it pretty easy, and its worth 25% of the GCSE. I'm more worried about the chemistry one i've got on friday.

Tk5SF.png

The key to caring about your exams is to, well, make sure you care as little as possible.

If you enter that exam hall with a clear mind, calm and confident, you will do much better than if you've panicked and tried to cram everything into your head the night before. Simply for the fact you're thinking a lot more clearer and logically.

My personal technique is to revise only in the week before the exam, doing a few hours each night, finishing off with a couple past papers the night before. No revision, just practising questions. The fact of the matter is, the amount of material they can test you for is incredibly limited and most questions are regurgitated year after year with slightly different wording. Doing practise papers almost makes answering such questions contemptuously easy.

It's not done me harm so far. In fact my friend, who never relaxes long enough to talk properly on MSN and has been in this state for the last month, is actually resitting this year (she's a year older than me), so...