You want MY opinion?

Ts_Stormrage

Summoning... everyone tlks about it everyone makes their own threads...

How do I think the skill will work? I know there is a TV show where 2 people toss out creatures against one another and have them fight eachother...

POKEMON, I CHOOSE YOU!!!

Think of it... Summoning pouches (pokeballs), limited time that your critter can be out, names that are hybrids of real animals (wolpertinger is part wolf, just look at the pics)...

I'm willing to take bets on this :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

No you're wrong. They are familiars, familiars have existed in many rpg's for years, fighting ALONGSIDE the player. Not duking it out in an arena like som mongoloid beyblade or pokemon :lol:

p.s.. SQUIRTLE SQUIRTLE SQUIRTLE!!!

^^ What he said \'

so we will be summoining monsters with pouches?

I personally can't wait for the rants forum to be filled with "OMG Jadex mak gam 4 kidz, summing mite as well call dem poke-pouches, cuz der just lik pokemon!"

When I said that, I didn't actually think anyone would be that pathetic.

Also: Wolpertinger is a real mythical creature, not a pokemon. I didn't realize that pokemon (Yes, I played red and blue when they first came out) could only be out for a certain amount of time, and needed to be trained with the summoning skill.

When we have to get badges in Summoning by defeating "obleisk gym bosses" and are given a "Summon-dex" to record information on our summon-mon, then I'll believe you.

Otherwise, /thread.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

My idea of how summoning will work is that certain items must be used to summon the animal (eggs, karamthulhu, etc.) Each sumons will use an amount of summoning points, more for a higher animal, and these points can be recharged at the obelisks we know about?

What do you think?

maybe the pouches can be obtained from some minigame or something and each one contains the items needed for that monster?

Hmmm....

I need a new siggy, get round to doing it later.

Probably.

Also: Wolpertinger is a real mythical creature

Erm? :?

But I'm pretty sure pokemon wasn't the first game to use pets to fight and I do feel that the main diference will be animals attacking people, not animals attacking animals.

On the other hand...

[hide]pikascape.png[/hide]

But I'm pretty sure pokemon wasn't the first game to use pets to fight and I do feel that the main diference will be animals attacking people, not animals attacking animals.

On the other hand...

In World Of Warcraft, a jackalope-like creature called a "Wolpertinger", which resembles a jackalope with buzzard wings, is given away as a non-combat pet (companion) at a yearly in-game festival called Brewfest.

And as for the picture, I'd choose that game.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Guest xpoc454

Something is just not logical when hearing the sentance.

"Wolpertinger is a real mythical creature, not a pokemon." :)

On the other hand...

In World Of Warcraft, a jackalope-like creature called a "Wolpertinger", which resembles a jackalope with buzzard wings, is given away as a non-combat pet (companion) at a yearly in-game festival called Brewfest.

My point is that there's no such thing as a real mythical creature, some jackalope with wings is just as "real" as a charmander. Neither exist.

On the other hand...

My point is that there's no such thing as a real mythical creature, some jackalope with wings is just as "real" as a charmander. Neither exist.

Sure there is.

Grendel is a real mythical creature, although he didn't exist. Pokemon are real fictional monsters, the wolpertinger is a derivative of a real mythical creature, a germanic version of the Jackalope, IE: The Wolpertinger is not just a Jagex attempt at a pokemon-esque ripoff, but has real roots in an already existing fictional creature.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Omali, please stop using the word "real", when addressing thinks "not real". You'll end up confusing yourself ;)

you do realize that in philosophy the terms 'real' and 'not real' are very flexible definitions? ;)

Yes, I do realize that. But we're hardly philosophizing.

And in reality, the terms "real" and "not real" are very clearly defined ;)

Your most likely gonna have a familiar as a hitman than as a pet.

well since they released photos of obvious pets like dogs, monkeys etc of course your going to have pets! :-s

Ok, yes they have fighting monsters aswell but not 'hitmen', they don't run round assasinating people for money. Just fighters, not hitmen.

Anyway their not gona be pokemon either...you'll just use life runes to summon then and then tell em to fight, or to collect resources/aid skill or tell em to follow you (pet).

Simple as. ::'

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

No you're wrong. They are familiars, familiars have existed in many rpg's for years, fighting ALONGSIDE the player. Not duking it out in an arena like som mongoloid beyblade or pokemon :lol:

p.s.. SQUIRTLE SQUIRTLE SQUIRTLE!!!

Hmm.... I agree with that.

P.S. Bulba SAUR!

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?