Tip.it Times Presents: Double Feature!

MPM

This week, we have two Times articles in our packed issue.

The first, "Clans - A personal view from a Tipit-er " is by a Panel writer, Ts_stormrage.

The next, "A Letter to Jagex" is by one of our own forum mods, turtlefemm.

Hope you enjoy them.

~M

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is where i go "woot! first post!" right?

on topic: i enjoyed the first article. the second article didn't really speak to me, but i'm sure others will enjoy it. i just wasn't as affected by the trade changes as i thought i would be. the only thing that might even have some impact on the way i play is that raw materials have gone up a bit, but i can live with that to see fewer gold farmers in the game. as far as gift giving...i would help out my friends here and there, but i stopped giving things to random strangers a long time ago. i found that even after i did they would follow me around and pm me and harass me to give them more stuff. it's kind of nice not to deal with a random beggar who is wanting a "free million" from me. i'm sorry that the second article's author is upset, but i just don't see the end of gift-giving as the end of runescape. i'm not saying i agreed with all of the updates last month...just feels that this was a rather minor issue compared to the bigger picture....but like i said i'm sure others will enjoy it

rssig2.png

The Letter to Jagex was very good, I liked how he spent the majority of his post explaining how much fun he had giving away things to new players (something I experienced myself at a little level 10) and then came in with the Dec. 10 updates in two short paragraphs. Pretty much sums up the updates, long times of generosity, put to death in one short day.

Cowmasta13.png

I'd like to know what Jagex would reply to that message tbh.

Probably something like "please send complaints through or comment on our service section of the website. If you have any questions please refer to the Knowledge Base to get them answered quicker"

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

2nd article was a great read,

i am kind of sad that i never could experience the runescape of old, before it became overrun with the "noob"-word.

I try to be a giver rather than a taker, but nowadays it's hard to seperate the newbs (who i want to help) from the noobs.

I sometimes shared out some armour or money, but they just started taking it for granted and asked more.

Turtlefemm, since Jagex isn't likely to say sorry, i just want to express my sympathy for the game you loved and 'lost'.

~Prozac~

siggya.th.png

xprozaccx.png

RIP my main Xprozaccx.

Still Dreaming of Farming Cape

Confucius say: "Crowded elevator smell different to a midget" xD

I liked the 2nd one as well, it basicly worded what I miss most with the updates...

I kind of chose against writing about a popular subject (updates, summoning), as so many people already expressed views of a quite similar nature...

I do hope people read both of them though :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I really liked both of them. The second one though, I have to say that one really got to me the best.

I will still be able to run around and show newbies their way around, but I will miss being able to give them nice items like a mithril set or whatever. Or, being able to give my friends nice gifts when they reach a specific level or goal.

tfssig.png

What's ironic to me is that the first post talks about the great quality of clans, and what you can get from them. The celebrations, the lessons (teaching people how to do stuff), the comradery, and everything like that. And then the second one pretty much says his only way of making others feel good is from giving them items.

I can think of many examples where I was given many things, and my RS "career" has been bettered, but none of them have to do with being given items. Basically all the second article was, was an organized mature rant.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

First Article: Meh. Just a normal 'What is a clan' topic

Second Article: some could say Heartbreaking. and I agree. The topic struck a chord with me, and I agree with it

RIP Gifts and the people who give them

Boom! Dead Shot

The second one was truly inspirational and summed up my feelings about the trade update perfectly. Personally, I've received no gain from them. I never used RWT sites, nor cared about people who do use them. I punished them by not giving them my hard-pushed time. I was perfectly happy with it being that way.

Good Times. Two in a row. Third time lucky? =D>

1st one normal i just skimmed through that one but the second one real hit me hard i totally agree although ive never givin anything to anyone for free i didnt realize how good it felt until i gave out everything in my bank on new years then i realized how good it felt.

ps i know the whole bank thing was a little bit to much giving but i wanted peaple to get something good before the trade thing started

Warning cute killer fluffy bunnies will rule the world after killer furbys BEWARE THE BUNNIES