Achievement Diaries: More coming soon...

Zierro

I thought the whole point of Achievement Diary was to encourage people to use and visit areas that aren't usually populated.

I'd expect somethign maybe in the desert, swamps or elf lands myself.

That is what they said when they released the Karamja Diary, but then they made one for Varrock. So I'm guessing they'll start making some for popular areas too.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the whole point of Achievement Diary was to encourage people to use and visit areas that aren't usually populated.

If that were the case, then I don't think there would be a Varrock Diary.

I'm hoping for a Fremminik Diary, as well. I just think that would be around the most interesting of them all, and if they have rewards that are anything like the Varrock Diary, that would mean that I would no longer need to go all the way to Seers to get to a bank. \'

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

Relekka/Waterbirth hopefully, we should have had it instead of Varrock in my opinion.

Haha I'd like to see a task where you have to kill DK after drinking three kegs of Fremennik beer. :wink:

Awesome. That would be so very awesome.

But I would like to see one for oh, I dunno, Morytania? Shades of Mor'ton could use some new tourists...

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I'd expect somethign maybe in the desert, swamps or elf lands myself.

That is what they said when they released the Karamja Diary, but then they made one for Varrock. So I'm guessing they'll start making some for popular areas too.

I'm guessing they'll go back to lesser used areas. Remember Varrock was a guaranteed content poll, not necessarily Jagex's first choice.

o_knames.png

Maxed total levels

Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)

I imagine that Jagex will keep achievement diary's in reserve for another guaranteed content poll. We might possibly see the poll towards the end of Febuary, after all the excitement of summoning.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

Hmm. A Wilderness achievement diary might be interesting, although considering all of the updates (I SHALL NOT NAME HERE), it's getting kind of crowded in that area. Damn, if only they could expand the size of the Wilderness just a LITTLE more!

I'm thinking either the Elven city or the island from the varrok museum. Both would be considered places less traveled too because of the quest and skill requirements to get to each.

True, but you also pointed out exactly why it's highly unlikely there will be an achievement diary for the Elven area (at least until other cities are done). Quest and skill requirements.

If you look at the Varrock and Karamja diarys, they all have Easy, Medium and Hard tasks. Only the odd very minor level/quest is needed for Easy, and medium levels/quests for Medium. The Elven area requires numerous, long, annoying quests, 53 agility and at least 70 combat to even reach, the Elf town requires even higher skills. Not to mention the patience needed after you fail some jump in the Underground Pass for the 10th time in a row.

blazesigbq9.jpg

From the poll on the last diary:

Which area should have the next Achievement Diary?

Varrock area 31% (38486 votes)

Camelot/Seers' Village area 21% (26626 votes)

Falador area 16% (20323 votes)

Fremennik lands 12% (15562 votes)

Gnome Stronghold area 8% (10478 votes)

Ardougne area 7% (9324 votes)

Burthorpe and the troll mountains 3% (3993 votes)

So seers might be next.

kill_o_troll.png

kill_o_troll.png

I'd love to have one for Morytania, but it wasn't even a choice in the poll :(

i reckon that they have more updates planned in that area, that could potentially be in a diary, so they didn't want to develop one for there just yet. e.g. craft a blood rune...? But I would have voted for morytania if there had been an option.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

yea, probably all major areas eventually.

my guess is that they'll make an achievement diary cape, like a quest cape. Same symbol, but maybe different color? :?:

The achievment diary symbol is indeed the same shape and size, Its green not blue. There will not be a cape anytime soon.

they will make a cape...

the wise old man told so in the letters...

also i think the next one will be in the elven lands, cause they also said the next diary would be in an area that they will give an update... and whats coming with summoning? yes indeed, an update to the elven lands, but yeah, i don't know how big this update will be, but they stated it in the bts so i think it'll be big enough...

99AgilitySignature-1.jpg

QP cape (20 october 2007)

yea, probably all major areas eventually.

my guess is that they'll make an achievement diary cape, like a quest cape. Same symbol, but maybe different color? :?:

The achievment diary symbol is indeed the same shape and size, Its green not blue. There will not be a cape anytime soon.

Why do you say that? The Wise Old Man hinted at one in his letter.

icecube7.jpeg