Reapairing Gravestones.

craven_range

I believe that it's common courtesy to bless gravestones if you can, but it's common courtesy, not a requirement.

If I died and someone blessed my gravestone and I wouldn't have got my items back if it wasn't for the kind stranger, I would try to reward him/her depending on the items that were saved, but only if I was sure that it was him/her who saved me (ie s/he was the only person around).

That doesn't mean though that I expect them to bless my grave though.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best F2P gravestone is the "Ornate Gravestone", costing 5,000 coins from Father Aereck in Lumbrige and giving 3 minutes protection, instead of 2 minutes for all lower F2P memorials.

The Restless Ghost quest is required for F2P gravestone upgrades.

Members with The Giant Dwarf quest completed can speak to Blasidar in Keldagrim, for a wide range of 4 minute gravestones at 50,000 coins, including some which require additional quests.

The 5 minute "Angel of Death" costs 500,000 but does not have additional requrements.

According to the Knowledgebase, members gravestones do appear the same on F2P worlds, so maybe "buy an Angel of Death" is another thing to do before dropping to F2P, assuming it remains the same for ex-members.

As for repairing...

If I see something higher than the basic, I'll probably repair. Sometimes the basic as well, but unless you are a 0 prayer pure, why not upgrade if you actually care about getting back.

Of course, if the other player was being a pest, they get no repair, neither would I expect one from player that I was wrangling monsters onto.

I think it tells you when someone repairs.

As a side issue, I'll usually pile a revenant if it's within my level.

And finally...

Please demolish your grave, as other players may waste prayer holding it up when it's no longer needed.

I th

I wouldnt be offended, its my own fault if i die

If you can repair someones grave, i think you should (might get a 3k reward for it)

Unless your in a far away place, and youre almost certain the one who died wont come back anyways, you should bless/repair the grave. Just to be polite.

qnn23r.jpg

angel2w.gifmaursangeli.gifCredits to Littleboy for the signature.

While it's noone's responsibility to repair or bless gravestones, personally, I would have repaired/blessed it. The only possible reason not to would be if you wanted to conserve prayer points- which shouldn't really be that big of a deal.

He however, was rather snobbish about it, which was rather rude..

I agree.

Tip: I usually add the guy/girl that died, if his/her chat is on then I pm him/her that I blessed their grave.

There would be an ingame message in the chatbox for the "deceased" if the his/her grave was blessed.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I never repair people's grave unless they are in the wild - and if they're in the wild, I'll only repair it if I want to use my prayer points for something else.

Strange, right? Well, if I don't want to use my prayer points I'll probably go in the wildy to mine something and in that case I'd rather have prayer for protect prayers, tyvm.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Ouch it's bad what people do but

Would you be offended in my situation? Nope

Would you have repaired my grave? Yes

Has repairing graves become something that people "should" do?YES

I ALWAYS repair graves I see as well I hope people would do the same

+1 :thumbsup:

I like to repair the graves until the owner comes, but sometimes they don't come at all <.< #-o

¨)

¸.´¸.*´¨)

(¸.´ (¸.Lilith1023

Lilith1023.png

i want quest items to be saved as well, cause they are worth more to me than my usual junk i have when dying. i died somewhere and just as i got back i saw my grave collapse <.< . it was junk, but noone blessed or repaired it. I'd love to experience the old Runescape. :(

Would you be offended in my situation?: Yes

Would you have repaired my grave?: Yes

Has repairing graves become something that people "should" do?: Yes

I died at greens dragons while ranging and i was looking on tif, as soon as i checked back i died by a 47...

Lucky i came back just in time(11seconds) and got my stuff, there were 2 people who could have repaired it-just out of lazyness while it takes only 5 seconds and some pray points to help some one save his stuff

afbeelding4kopieae2.png

I always bless someones grave if they have died fighting something, well all the time really. It's just a nice thing to do and if you don't, there is nothing to gain apart from afew 3k or less items.

Its just courtesy

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

So.. no I don't think a player should feel obligated to bless or repair a gravestone simply because it appears, but I would like to think that people generally are good natured and would do it if they possibly could... And without some kind of monetary reward as their incentive.

i feel the same on this topic, if i see a random gravestone ill repair it, but not feel obligated to. But on the flip side, if i saw someone battling away at a lvl 230 monster, to be k0'd in a rush and panic, and dropping there combat gear, then yes,, i would feel obligated to repair it.

thanks for all the replies =]

maybe it should become common courtesy to demonlish your gravestone when you come back , meaning that people wont just bless and repair emtpy graves.

If I see a gravestone, I ALWAYS go out of my way to stand by it and repair it. Even before gravestones I would pick up the other player's items and either PM them or wait for them to get back. It's a common courtesy. Can't wait till I get 70 pray, then I can bless all I see. I never accept a reward either (well, almost never O:)). It's just the thing to do.

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK

Whenever I see one, I'll repair it. I got mine repaired when I died at the Barrows, and that saved me a good 10 mil.

i would not be offended

i would not have repaired your stone

i dont think people should repair them unless they are friends/clan .

Why don't you think people that aren't your friends or in your clan should repair your gravestone for you? :?

I agree with whoever said there should be a reward or incentive for blessing gravestones.

It needn't be financial; I agree that we don't want people doing this for compensation. How about a hiscores list like the one for minigames, listing those who have done it the most? Put limits on it to prevent abuse (such as, it doesn't count for anyone on your friends list, and/or you can only get 1 point for any given person once every 24 hours.)

Or maybe something simpler, like a visible halo over the head of someone who blesses a grave? Just a "token of appreciation" would be nice.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I wouldn't be offended. I'd be rather surprised if anyone did repair/bless.

I wouldn't have repaired your grave.

Repairing gravestones is not something that people "should" do.

The exception is if you are with your mates/clan at GWD/Daggs etc and you die. In that case I would repair others graves, and expect them to repair mine.

I agree with whoever said there should be a reward or incentive for blessing gravestones.

It needn't be financial; I agree that we don't want people doing this for compensation. How about a hiscores list like the one for minigames, listing those who have done it the most? Put limits on it to prevent abuse (such as, it doesn't count for anyone on your friends list, and/or you can only get 1 point for any given person once every 24 hours.)

Or maybe something simpler, like a visible halo over the head of someone who blesses a grave? Just a "token of appreciation" would be nice.

That's a good idea... and you could also get a new crest for your POH while you have the halo?
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

When the gravestones came out, I was level 60 prayer, so when I tried to bless a gravestone I learned I needed 70 prayer to be able to do so. As soon as I found out, I telle'd to Varrock and bought the 1800 dragon bones to get 70 pray, specifically to help others by blessing their graves. It wasn't till after that, that I realized I could Piety now.

As far as Qeltar's post, that is a great idea, you have yet to make an un-insightful post on these forums. Another possible bonus would be a full recovery of HP when you bless a grave. Not a bad trade for a few prayer.

Pzycho11.gif