Gp shortage coming?

craven_range

The misinformation got to stop.

Summoning does not cost 500m. Check it yourself.

If you level using bull ants:

Bull ant 40 [image]

Spirit shard x 11

Gold charm

Marigolds

exp: 52.8

13m exp / 52.8 exp * 11 spirit shard * 50 = 135m

Or if you use Barker Toad

Barker toad 66 [image]

Spirit shard x 10

Gold charm

Bloated toad

exp 87

13m / 87 * 10 * 50 = 74m

or Arctic bear

Arctic bear 71 [image]

Spirit shard x 14

Gold charm

Polar kebbit fur 93.2

`13m / 93.2 * 14 * 50 = 97m

or dagganoth

Spirit dagannoth 82 [image]

Spirit shard x 1

Crimson charm

Dagannoth hide 364.8

13m / 364.8 * ( 50 + 1k ) = 37m

or Rune Minotaur

Rune minotaur 86 [image]

Spirit shard x 1

Blue charm

Runite bar 756.8

`13m / 756.8 ( 50 + 12000) = 17m

Still think it's expensive?

Weird how you speak about misinformation posting rubbish like this though.

Firstly tell me how you plan to get 246k marigolds, 149k bloated toads, 139k polar kebbit furs or 35.6k dagannoth hides?

I can see the rune bars being buyable but not the other things you mentioned.

Secondly you didn't factor the cost of polar hides in the arctic bear calculation.

Thirdly, I might be wrong but I thought dagannoth hides were way more than 1k each, when I tried to sell off a load on GE they were ~7k each I think.

Oh and your rune minotaur calculation is the worst of all actually.

13 million xp (about) divided by 756.8xp per minotaur makes 17177 minotaurs to make.

Assuming a rune bar is about 12k (again as you said in your post) the cost would be just under 207 million, not 17 million.

If my xp values are wrong, don't blame me, I just picked em out of your post.

99 cooking / 99 magic / 99 ranged / 99 hitpoints / 99 herblore / 99 defence

scopeysigui6.gif

quotein4.png

Quoted for truth, wisest thing I've heard anyone say on Runescape.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sure it may be a very mild hit to the economy and suck a small amount of gp out but with the time it takes most people will give up and we wont run low on gp because there are always people killing things, selling things to stores ect. and like already mentioned people would just flock monsters untill its stable if that were to ever actualy happen

*-P.K.Masters-* |5+ Years of Experience|F2P Events|Cmb: 95+

I imagine Summoning to have the same effect, as its cost is around the cost of Construction. Also, summoning, in my eyes, is somewhat a luxury skill, just like Construction.

Construction came out, without a hype, the GE wasn't around, nor was a 3k limit. All this is leading to a rarer GP, thus rares should start to climb if only for a short time, but they will rise, then maybe will start to go down after the massive amounts of players stop doing Summoning, then they will probably resume the path they were on before summoning. :-#

Looking at the official forums, you need a minimum of 4.2 million shards to get lvl 99, that will cost you 211m

Then the cost of the seconds

Then collecting the charms.... Or buying them..

Or am I reading the guys post wrong on the forums?

He is quoting 800m to get to level 99 this year.. Below is the post i have quoted from, please don't bash me if it's wrong.

Quote....

Cheapest method of getting 99 Summoning:

Making 603,500 granite crabs. You need 7 spirit shards to make ONE. So 603,500 times 7 (amount of shards needed for one) is 4,224,143. You'd need roughly 4.22Million spirit shards for 99. Now, 4,224,143 times 50 (cost of each spirit shard) is 211,207,175gp.

CHEAPEST METHOD FOR 99, NOT CONSIDERING THE SIDE PART. The iron ore also needed with making granite crabs would cost 48M(if you bought the 603k iron ore needed (not like you would mine it), just on top of the 211M.

This is the cheapest method possible. But of course you'd be making 603k granite crabs...

Using beavers (level 33 summoning needed) for lvl 99 would take approximately 815Million.

Quit Runescape 10 jan 2007 - Playing again 2012

Ronnyuk.png

4842295.png

Firstly tell me how you plan to get 246k marigolds, 149k bloated toads, 139k polar kebbit furs or 35.6k dagannoth hides?

Same way people get to lvl 99 farming, gathering your own seeds and buying them. If people can run 22,808 times around a circle for an agility cape, I would not be surprised if people can gather that much toads, or kebbit, or dagganoth hides. In this thread, we're talking about gp cost, not time consumed.

Secondly you didn't factor the cost of polar hides in the arctic bear calculation.

my mistake, let me redo that one:

kebbit.PNG

Arctic bear 71 [image]

Spirit shard x 14

Gold charm

Polar kebbit fur 93.2

`13m / 93.2 * ( 14 * 50 + 47) = 104m

Thirdly, I might be wrong but I thought dagannoth hides were way more than 1k each, when I tried to sell off a load on GE they were ~7k each I think.

dagannoth.PNG

Yes, I made a mistake on the formula there. Apologies.

Point being, summoning does not cost 250m. Please, please refrain from saying so until we do the numbers. Mistakes happen, anyone that made one (even me) should realize so and correct them.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

When I start summoning it will cost me somehwere in the region of 0gp. I will train it the same way as any other skill by gathering all the required resources myself (raising other skills at the same time). It may take me quite a while to reach 99, but it will have cost me 0gp.

Same way people get to lvl 99 farming, gathering your own seeds and buying them. If people can run 22,808 times around a circle for an agility cape, I would not be surprised if people can gather that much toads, or kebbit, or dagganoth hides. In this thread, we're talking about gp cost, not time consumed.

my mistake, let me redo that one:

kebbit.PNG

Arctic bear 71 [image]

Spirit shard x 14

Gold charm

Polar kebbit fur 93.2

`13m / 93.2 * ( 14 * 50 + 47) = 104m

dagannoth.PNG

Yes, I made a mistake on the formula there. Apologies.

Point being, summoning does not cost 250m. Please, please refrain from saying so until we do the numbers. Mistakes happen, anyone that made one (even me) should realize so and correct them.

Agreed, I was wrong on the price of the hides, my bad.

But seriously, the methods you mentioned are virtually impossible (cept maybe for the dag hides)..

Marigolds are only grown by (very) low level farmers, I doubt anyone is insane enough to grow 246k of them, or even just 1k. Just getting the seeds would be hell.

From what I remember in chompy hunting, you can only have 3 bloated toads in your inventory at a given time, so I doubt that's a viable option..

The furs are indeed quite cheap but it takes a few minutes to get even 1 of them, so collecting over 100k? I doubt it.

The dagannoth hides finally, provide a decent option if you consider your post, but still..

Buying them at that price could work I suppose, but seeing there are alot of people that will want to use this option (as it seems cheaper than most others), they will be very hard to buy and the price will most probably shoot up quite fast.

Collecting them yourself is again just not humanely possible.

They're either a rare drop from normal dagannoths on Waterbirth island or a 100% drop from Dag Kings, yet it'd take at the very least 30 minutes to fill up an inventory, and that's not even counting supplies wasted during that.

In theory your methods could work, but practically they won't (or I should be very mistaken).

In theory you could get 99 magic standing somewhere on a rune spawn with a staff, picking up the rune and doing a spell with it all the time, but noone will actually be crazy enough to try.

People will most probably revert to the more expensive methods (using addy bars or the like) where the supply could allow it, instead of spending years to get it a little cheaper.

Then again, it's only the first day and things might change drastically still, so we'll just have to wait and see ::'

Or I could just be completely off with my assumptions :XD:

scopeysigui6.gif

quotein4.png

I imagine Summoning to have the same effect, as its cost is around the cost of Construction. Also, summoning, in my eyes, is somewhat a luxury skill, just like Construction.

Construction came out, without a hype, the GE wasn't around, nor was a 3k limit. All this is leading to a rarer GP, thus rares should start to climb if only for a short time, but they will rise, then maybe will start to go down after the massive amounts of players stop doing Summoning, then they will probably resume the path they were on before summoning. :-#

If there is less gold in the game, rares will go down, just like most other items.

When I start summoning it will cost me somehwere in the region of 0gp. I will train it the same way as any other skill by gathering all the required resources myself (raising other skills at the same time). It may take me quite a while to reach 99, but it will have cost me 0gp.

How do you suppose you'll buy the shards, etc?

It will take you longer then "quite a while"

You can't even get to level 2 without spending GP, good luck in your endevours mate,

Quit Runescape 10 jan 2007 - Playing again 2012

Ronnyuk.png

4842295.png

Sorry to jump on the n00b band wagon of "Lets all jump on a thread and try fill my ego by trying to prove people wrong *cough*primadog*cough*"

but,

If there is less gold in the game, rares will go down, just like most other items.

Less gold = 1gp is worth more = higher prices.

Less gold = more deamnd (aat the same price) = higher prices

And Primadog, it costs 200m for the shards alone, so idk how it can cost 44m for 1-99.[/i]

Sorry to jump on the n00b band wagon of "Lets all jump on a thread and try fill my ego by trying to prove people wrong *cough*primadog*cough*"

but,

And Primadog, it costs 200m for the shards alone, so idk how it can cost 44m for 1-99.[/i]

There are a bunch of summons that only require 1 shard per but a more expensive secondary item, so yeah.

It'll be hard to say the cheapest/most effective method to get 99 so soon, time will tell.

scopeysigui6.gif

quotein4.png

Stop with the stupid topics with absurd and flat out FALSE titles. It's the first day of the new skill, what did you expect?? If memory serves, every item in the market dropped ridiculously low the day construction came out. Did you expect those prices to stay??

:wall:

Yes, I do. "remember construction", yes I do, prices fell and they never rose again. If you really remembered construction, you would remember that :roll: .

Lord_Malace1.png

but,

But if players have less gp available to them, they will not be physically possible of paying higher prices. Therefore the demand will drop until the supply comes down to meet the equilibrium price that buyers can (and want to) afford.

Ultimately, this is a skill that can be raised a heck of a lot of ways (why not just buy everyone's pouches on GE and summon them all???). Picking generic gp values is not really beneficial.

It CAN cost 250M but it CAN cost 50M, depending on how you train it, how fast you want to train it, and how much effort you want to go to to get charms and secondaries.

Evidence is now needed as to how people are training it and the speed.xp/gp ratio before a close to absolute opinion can be developed.

I expect the spirit shard price to drop - possibly in half - sometime this year. Not sure when, but definitely this year, because I'm pretty sure it's more expensive than they really wanted it to be.

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

but,

Numbers don't lie.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

OMG!!! Lets post a bunch of depression topics and make people even more freaked out. If you know anything about economics, depression and inflation are common on a daily scale. The world governments (namily) the United States does a good job at not letting the people into a panic. Cause a prime cause of the GREAT depression was people panicing taking money out of banks, etc...

Dont panic, Calm down. Itll be ok. You can leave the money in the bank Itll be there tomorrow.

1.Your an idiot.

2.Do you even no anything about the Great depression? Do you even no what caused it??? By you post im guessing no. it was investment on the stock exchange during the late 1920s, people 'bet' to big and lost out (reasons complicated), this effect snowballd after the first bank folded.

3.Go read a book, and not some "Penguine guide to the great depression" before you mention past topics in history.

4.your an idiot.

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)

We handled with construction, which was real fast money drain so it took lots of money away.

But no, the money will keep coming.

The prices change nothing.

Pickaxe : Bronze is free and the higher pickaxes don't cost too much more.

Pure essence : Free, people mine them.

Nature runes : Free, people runecraft them.

Yew and magic logs : Free, people woodcut them.

Flax : Free, people pick them.

Bowstrings : Free, people spin them.

Bows : Free, people fletch them.

Money : Free, people alch for it.

More money coming to runescape!

Someone has to obtain the stuff in the first place and they bring the money to runescape! (Alchers too, but without raw materials they'd be powerless alone)

Retired

Ex-E174

Ex-Venqeance

[Ex-Tha Familia3]

but,

But if players have less gp available to them, they will not be physically possible of paying higher prices. Therefore the demand will drop until the supply comes down to meet the equilibrium price that buyers can (and want to) afford.

Ultimately, this is a skill that can be raised a heck of a lot of ways (why not just buy everyone's pouches on GE and summon them all???). Picking generic gp values is not really beneficial.

It CAN cost 250M but it CAN cost 50M, depending on how you train it, how fast you want to train it, and how much effort you want to go to to get charms and secondaries.

Evidence is now needed as to how people are training it and the speed.xp/gp ratio before a close to absolute opinion can be developed.

I expect the spirit shard price to drop - possibly in half - sometime this year. Not sure when, but definitely this year, because I'm pretty sure it's more expensive than they really wanted it to be.

Hmm... So Jagex's initial price for spirit shards were wrong? Ahh!!! Everyone panic!!! It's now time to throw your hands in the air, run frantically in circles, and make high pitched screaming noises until you fall unconcious from lack of oxygen!!! Since when has Jagex been wrong!?!...

Seriously. I mean it. Jagex probably WON'T lower the cost. Why? Cause they seem to really want to bleed our economy. And, as December 10 and January 3 have taught us, they don't back down when they really don't like something.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

In this thread, we're talking about gp cost, not time consumed.

I dunno if this quote battle is still going but one of the fundamental values of microeconomics is that an item costs what you have to give up to get it. Time does equal money since we don't live in runescape and whenever you are on you are generating some type of revenue.

So gp cost really does closely associate with time consumed even though at first glance they might appear to be different

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

OMG!!! Lets post a bunch of depression topics and make people even more freaked out. If you know anything about economics, depression and inflation are common on a daily scale. The world governments (namily) the United States does a good job at not letting the people into a panic. Cause a prime cause of the GREAT depression was people panicing taking money out of banks, etc...

Dont panic, Calm down. Itll be ok. You can leave the money in the bank Itll be there tomorrow.

1.Your an idiot.

2.Do you even no anything about the Great depression? Do you even no what caused it??? By you post im guessing no. it was investment on the stock exchange during the late 1920s, people 'bet' to big and lost out (reasons complicated), this effect snowballd after the first bank folded.

3.Go read a book, and not some "Penguine guide to the great depression" before you mention past topics in history.

4.your an idiot.

Honestly Why all the immature name calling? And Sure merry christmas Mr. Historian. You posted ANOTHER reason for the Great Depression. I said a "PRIME" reason was people getting their money out of the banks. This snowball effect would include what I said. Not so much of an idiot now.

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

Who says there was no other sources to get money besides alching? Last I checked, money was coming into the game like normal. And you call me the fool? Your the one who thinks that a virtual market will crash?! Unlike the REAL great depression, we don't need to eat virtual food to stay alive and virtual houses to live in! The market will rise back up, everything will be normal, and the world will revlove once again.

Oh But I have to have my 3.2m house! And my 1k lobbies each week to survive! Im so doomed!

lol Kids, what next armagaden in runescape? The Rise of the Nazi Goblins take over all of Varrock? Can we say Cold War next? Anything else? like omg two dragons just crashed into the watch tower.

Yes, yes, thank you. You are wonderful. I hate it when people dramaticize and talk about the runescape economy like it is a real economy. (The only people who talk about the RS economy without sounding stupid are people like duke freedom and queltar who make graphs and try to predict prices or trends)

Also, the "2 dragons into a watch tower" literally made me laugh out loud and roll on the floor. (yes, I was laughing so hard that I fell out of my chair)

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

We handled with construction, which was real fast money drain so it took lots of money away.

But no, the money will keep coming.

The prices change nothing.

Pickaxe : Bronze is free and the higher pickaxes don't cost too much more.

Pure essence : Free, people mine them.

Nature runes : Free, people runecraft them.

Yew and magic logs : Free, people woodcut them.

Flax : Free, people pick them.

Bowstrings : Free, people spin them.

Bows : Free, people fletch them.

Money : Free, people alch for it.

More money coming to runescape!

Someone has to obtain the stuff in the first place and they bring the money to runescape! (Alchers too, but without raw materials they'd be powerless alone)

Hi veng =]

Items coming into the economy do not create gp.

The way things work atm, people who are collecting raw materials are selling them, and alchers arnt buying.. an example of this is why yews have dropped so much, because fletching has been shot in the foot.

This causes a good amount of raw materials, but these are not being sold, as jagex are intervining, causing alchers to not want to alch as much anymore, and gp to not be generated as much.

and tbh knight zaros is a moron

...Now combine this with yew long prices, which mean no one can alch anymore to generate gp, what will happen?

Alching is the main source of GP being generated in runescape, the only other way is coin drops from monsters.

What will happen :ohnoes:

Hold the phone. Did you just say what I think you said?

Did you just say, in so many words, you're too lazy to cut your own yews, pick your own flax, or make your own natures?

Okay, let's be honest, ~211M is a pretty steep price to pay for any skill, but it won't be so bad. Money needs to be taken out of the economy somehow, whether it be by this skill or through Construction. Inflation is a killer, and the only real way to combat it is to take the cash right out of the economy. And, what better way than through a skill that everyone will want to level?

What I think will happen is the economy actually becoming stable again. People will want to do more for themselves, instead of whining about every little price change that makes their laissez-faire style of earning cash obsolete. Since I don't know much about economics, I won't promise or guarantee anything, but I do think that it should stabilize a whole slew of things.

EDIT:

1.Your an idiot.

4.your an idiot.

I skipped the second page of replies and gave my feedback, but this post right here smacks of ignorance.

You really don't know how the Depression got started, do you. Let me summarize in a few sentences what a teacher should've taught you by now...

[hide=Off-Topic]In the mid-20s, people and major companies had become too reliant on a primitive form of the check. They bought stocks with checks, and they weren't really backed up by anything, not even money. Only some ever were.

Around late 1928 or early 1929, the brokers started demanding cash instead of this useless piece of paper. Now, you remember why the Stock Exchange exists, right? It's to give an average Joe a slice of the pie by investing in a company. If that company doesn't have money, it can't stay in operation. If it can't stay in operation, it closes, and if it closes, everyone, including stock holders, loses money. Now, multiply that effect to about 75% of the U.S.'s working companies at the time. That would be what caused the Depression.

So, the next time you call someone an idiot based on something in history, make sure you're not talking to the reflection in your monitor, okay? ;)[/hide]

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Stop with the stupid topics with absurd and flat out FALSE titles. It's the first day of the new skill, what did you expect?? If memory serves, every item in the market dropped ridiculously low the day construction came out. Did you expect those prices to stay??

:wall:

They did stay. Masks never surpassed they're 2006 high. For the first time, rares actually went down about 2% over a year. A YEAR.

Construction was easy to pass up as unnecessary. But a counterpart to prayer is hard to pass up, people pay about 50m+ for prayer, but that stays in the economy.

So summoning, because its combat based is in way higher demand than construction.

It's simple, the value of the GP is rising, the items aren't necessarily crashing. GP just buys more.

Then everyone panics at the falling prices and the price goes artificially low, and it goes back up, but with the value of the GP raising again with this skill update, it won't be as high as it was.

I warned people not to buy santas after the xmas crash :x

tipitsig.png