Halos over:What will take Halo's place?

Harakiri

Since Halo 3 has ended the trilogy, and halo wars is a strategy game, what do you think will take Halo's place as a geek's dream game? Will it be Bioshock? Resistance Fall of Man?

Post all of your thoughts on what the next great first person shooter epic will be.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the good FPS's has always been... :?

Honestly the halo series was just a game series, it wasn't important and I doubt many people will remember it much 10 years down the road, while the classics and games that changed FPS's will be.

They are coming out with a Rsistance 2...

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Halo is one of the most overrated games of all time. Saying that something needs to come and take its place is elevating it far beyond what it deserves.

p2gq.jpg

...Something good?

Honestly, I loved Halo 1 a long time ago and spent many hours in co-op with one of my friends, but I just couldn't get into 2 and 3 as much. I didn't even bother to buy 3. The third one just got annoying; I played H3 on live at my friends... It was absolutely horrendous compared to COD4, and honestly I don't know anyone at my school who prefers H3 online to COD4 online.

I'm an absolute superfan of strategy shooters, and SOCOM 2 was basically the king of them all. Right now my fingers are crossed hoping a developer will develop and Microsoft will publish a SOCOM - type game. God, I would drop COD in a second if that came out for the 360...

happiehour.jpeg

What the good FPS's has always been... :?

Honestly the halo series was just a game series, it wasn't important and I doubt many people will remember it much 10 years down the road, while the classics and games that changed FPS's will be.

Like half life.

Also that SOCOM or whatever series are absolutely brilliant games...

:? As much as they are popular, there isn't much more that can be done with fps. Closest is making a true FPS RPG or FPSMMORPG (Not like hellgate london).

As far as I see it, FPS is is just a genre turned bland through over play.

RPG's and MMORPG's.... Those are the future....

[hide=View the future]Fabula_logo.jpg[/hide]

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Isn't RPG really the same thing over all games as well?

There is always an uberboss, flashy effects, special items and level ups.

The majority of them contain the same core basics. (I.e. you are on a quest with one or more party members). But that is pretty much it. All RPG's are pretty much different depending on story and gameplay.

FPSs on the other hand all share the same thing, You shoot at things. On the rare occasion you are given different gameplay when a company decides to do something different (I.E Bioshock).

Not to mention both RPG and MMORPG have existed longer than FPS.

Very true, but the thing about RPG's is that they keep evolving and more can be added.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Something equally overhyped and overrated, no doubt.

And I didn't know that FPS's could be 'epic'. I've always thought of 'epics' as Adventure and RPG games, tbh. But CoD4 was easily the best FPS I've played, so that may be the first 'epic FPS' I recognize.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

And I didn't know that FPS's could be 'epic'. I've always thought of 'epics' as Adventure and RPG games, tbh. But CoD4 was easily the best FPS I've played, so that may be the first 'epic FPS' I recognize.

Someone needs to play half life.

Someone needs to play half life.

Touche.

I've played all the ones that came in the Orange Box, and didn't mention them. #-o They were great.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

• 4 months later...

Never saw the big deal in Halo.

True, I played some online (over LAN at School, until it got banned there.) Though that was some trial version of the first.

Its basically another run of the mill FPS. Despite Haze being one aswell, I still prefer it overall. Maybe its the Nectar Highs and causing ODs.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Not heard? Halo Chronicles is getting made :roll: Not made by Bungie though.

Also, I saw this on a forum with a scan of the front of a mag.. So there could be a chance it's not true, but I doubt it.

(15:14:25) <Vidi> Peter likes barbie xD

(15:14:30) <Peter> totally

(15:14:46) <Peter> I've got all the accessories

Halo may not be over. Bungie is no longer with Microsoft. They could easily create new games on the Wii or PS3.

But, Halo is a Xbox ONLY game. It will always be. Nothing more than Xbox/Xbox 360.

And, if you haven't heard, Halo was originally designed for the Mac.