What ticks you off most in a video game?

underu2000

Bad voice acting. I judge a game on its voice acting, so there. And related to that, many commentators in sports games annoy me. The prize goes to The MC in Fusion Frenzy (no, I didn't buy the game, blargh), the most annoy [bleep] in human history.

Characters with stupid names, annoying hairstyles, or as said before, idiotic dialogue.

Enemies with 110% accuracy. I hate it when enemies can nail you at 1000 yards with a submachine gun when you have trouble shooting at that range with a sniper rifle.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite the opposite when it comes to enemies.

I hate ones who you can run up and aim at from two feet away before they even notice you are there.

I like easy games, but ones like those just annoy me =)

seetons.png

Feel free to HYT me in-game =)

~~3,483rd to 99 Thieving, Feb 22, 2008~~

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." - Calvin (& Hobbes)

Anyone who feels they need to hack their way to victory in multiplayer games. Very annoying. Plus anyone who glitches and takes advantage of something no one knows how to get to. :wall:

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

QQers. (crybabies, essentially).

Especially when its on a PvP server in an M rated game. I mean, you're supposed to be 18+ to play this and you're crying and swearing up a storm because someone killed you... on a PvP server? Yeah may want to grow up a bit.

Seriously I've gotten so much of this its unbelievable. While most times its funny those kind of people do piss me off.

Games where the enemies continue to respawn and respawn. Call of duty 2 pissed me off the most for this, COD4 was good though.

Linear games are at the top also, just the ones where it is quite obvious.

people who whine online asking "How do i do that" go to the website or look in the instruction manual my god :wall:

also people who hide waiting for everyone else to kill each other before swooping in to finish everyone off

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Losing connection when piloting jets/helis :roll:

Aimbotters/wallglitchers

Games with no singleplayer support

Those who cant read games manual :roll:

Stupid goalkeepers in sport games

Well, I just got started on a new MMO, already I found an annoyance.

Kill Stealers. These people are mainly Magi or Summoners. Really tick me off.

Well, in other things:

Team Killers. Need I say anything? I play online in Haze, so whenever someone team kills in a Team DM, we lose a kill.

Bad Gameplay. Wheres the point in all your shiny graphics if the game isn't worth playing?

Quitters. Crybabies, just cause I'm winning through a song and beat you on the last doesn't mean I won't f*** up.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Really frikkin' hard boss battles. Curse you General RAAM!

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Walk out the door and don't return to hardcore gamers. Ever.

I'm actually changing mine to bosses that I don't know how they work. That was my problem.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Yeah, nothing worse than a poorly designed boss battle. Oh, you didn't know that you have to do [insert stupidly complicated combo]?

I love a good difficult fight though if it isn't just stupid.

Annoying and pointless jump levels. Nyaargh!

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Walk out the door and don't return to hardcore gamers. Ever.

I'm actually changing mine to bosses that I don't know how they work. That was my problem.

Ooo I see. :P

Yeah I know EXACTLY what you mean there.

Its like say you have to range a boss thats stood on the ground ... urgh .. :|

QQers. (crybabies, essentially).

Especially when its on a PvP server in an M rated game. I mean, you're supposed to be 18+ to play this and you're crying and swearing up a storm because someone killed you... on a PvP server? Yeah may want to grow up a bit.

Seriously I've gotten so much of this its unbelievable. While most times its funny those kind of people do piss me off.

+1. QQ MORE NOOBS. PvP'd on a PvP server!

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

there r many thing. let me list em:

cheaters and ppl who use programs to gain an unfair advantage

whiners

the one boss/creature u always lose to for the millionth time

completing a hard level then dying at the last second from something stupid or a glitch

noobs who dont follow unwritten rules like i remember in halo 1 on bloodgulch it was rule that nobody would use the plasma gun (big one) idk wat its called anymore other than the street name: [kitty] gun

when an owner of a map gets ppl to gang up on u that it comes to the point of impossible

when games have good graphics but terrible gameplay

cheap shots- not when ppl do it but how it happens in a game

kill stealers - in brawl when u damage someone and someother guy just finishes them off

and many more...

Games that have very little skill gap in multiplayer. This can either be done because of a amazingly easy aiming system, bad design choices, or other flaws that can really kill off any sort of advantage that experienced players may gain over new players.

jjroxlu7.jpg

I hate games where the autosave comes at a really bad time. The crummy thing about the autosave is that it's supposed to help you. But if an autosave comes at a bad time, it overrides your last autosave (different for some games)

I remember this in MoH:AA. I'm in the D-day mission. I play it for about 15 minutes. I get a string of bad luck and end up with 9HP, and I'm gonna have to run across open ground under enemy machine gun fire. BAM! Autosave. I run across open ground, but die 1/4 of the way there. Restart from autosave point. Die. Restart. Die. With a bit of good luck I did manage to get through the fire - on the 6th try.

I compare that with games like Star Trek Elite Force 2, where the autosave always features a nearby healthpack and extra ammo.

I also hate griefers. They just screw up your team for the heck of it. Like flashbanging your own team in CS and the round's start. Or giving away your position by firing their gun.

dorcus0.png

"The best defence is to stay out of range" - French proverb

Bad luck happens. Learn and get over it.