What ticks you off most in a video game?

underu2000

first person shooters that when you carry say 100 bullets and your magazine is 27/30, 3 bullets will be deducted from your stash, really destroys the immersiveness. I prefer greater that you carry magazines and when you reload after a burst, you waste say 25 bullets such as in the Battlefield games.

eggzs.png

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first person shooters that when you carry say 100 bullets and your magazine is 27/30, 3 bullets will be deducted from your stash, really destroys the immersiveness. I prefer greater that you carry magazines and when you reload after a burst, you waste say 25 bullets such as in the Battlefield games.

Maybe you keep the expelled magazine? Perhaps catch it instead of just letting it drop? Then you can use it later. That's my rational for it, anyway.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Maybe you keep the expelled magazine? Perhaps catch it instead of just letting it drop? Then you can use it later. That's my rational for it, anyway.

Then I would like to have one magazine of say,27 later.You won't have time to fill the magazine back...Perhaps it would be better explained like this:

Magazine 1:30(-5)

Magazine 2:30(-15)

Magazine 3:30(-15)

Instead of having a clip of 30,then 25,I would prefer having it 25,15,15,or similar.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Aspects of a game that the developers thought would be "nifty" and "unique," but are really just annoying after a while. For example, in Radiata Stories for the PS2, you have to go around kicking every single object in the game (including people) to find items.

Games that are so complex, I can barely even begin to comprehend how to play them. For example, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness for the PS2. All of your items have "levels" inside of them. You enter these levels, and defeat the monsters inside to increase the strength of your weapon. My explanation sounds simple enough, but you have to play the game to understand how annoying it gets... This game is mindboggling!

Games that tease you with artistic, anime-style graphics, and then leave you with repetative, seen-it-before gameplay. (Disgaea, Phantom Brave, UNLIMITED Saga, etc.)

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

AI that gets in your way. Literally. Ex: Half Life 2, Ep. 2, the vortigaunt that you take through the antlion parts. If I ever needed to back, he was always right in my face blocking me, and would take forever to move.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

AI that gets in your way. Literally. Ex: Half Life 2, Ep. 2, the vortigaunt that you take through the antlion parts. If I ever needed to back, he was always right in my face blocking me, and would take forever to move.

+1 to that. Also the squads in the original HL2 who follow you even after you tell them to stay in the same place -.-

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

This is more my fault than the game's, but it still pissed me off.

HL2 Ep. 2, I was bringing the garden gnome (I named him Frank Sinatra). I'm at the part where you have to go get the car off the bridge. i figure "Hey, I'll be coming back to this place after I get the car, so I can just leave Frank here so I won't have to cart him around." Sounds like a solid plan, after all I was able to do it when getting the antilion extract, I should be able to do it here as well. Nope. I can never get to th door in time to grab him before it closes again. So now I have to do that whole part over again.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif